NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Ryan Anderson finally returns to the court; running and shooting

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/bla...august-19-2014

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/1488/ryan-anderson

i understand this may not be news worthy to some, but after his frightening injury early last season, its good to see that hes on path to make his NBA return

before the injury, the guy was lighting it up beyond the arc. quite honestly, he could have led the league in 3s last year. however, his playing time may diminish this year with Davis playing more 4 due to the addition of Asik.

but congrats Pelican fans. your team is looking healthy again. (been hearing good things about gordon, too)

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Ryan Anderson finally returns to the court; running and shooting

Dude was ready to break out not too long ago. Hopefully he picks up where he left off

With the addition of Asik, the Pelicans are looking to trade Anderson since their lineup will feature Asik playing center and Davis playing power forward.

Pelicans have a lot of talent, maybe a top 5 starting 5 if all healthy, people are sleeping on them as a potential playoff team. Injuries killed them last year and they still won 34 games..if they were healthy they could've easily cracked 40-44 wins. Another year of improvement and full health, and adding Asik..wouldn't be surprised if they made the jump to a 50 win team the way Portland went from 33 wins to 54 wins from 2012-13 to this past year.

Jrue Holiday /Russ Smith / Austin Rivers
    Eric Gordon/ Tyreke Evans / Jimmer Fredette
    Tyreke Evans / Ryan Anderson / Darius Miller
    Anthony Davis/ Ryan Anderson/ Luke Babbitt
    Omer Asik / Alexis Ajinca/ Jeff Whithey

Honestly I would look to trade Anderson though..give him some burn and up his value, and trade him by the deadline. NOLA needs a reliable SG rotation..Gordon can't be counted on and you can't overburden Evans. Look for a nice combo guard that can play both backcourt spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    With the addition of Asik, the Pelicans are looking to trade Anderson since their lineup will feature Asik playing center and Davis playing power forward.
    makes sense, and would have been great for the rockets if they didnt get involved in the chris bosh sweepstakes. Ryno is probably the best stretch 4 in the league, so itll be interesting to see what kind of offers surface once teams see him back on the court.

if i remember correctly, there were rumors leading into this off sesaons about something like gerald green for ryno. i dont think thats the best move for NO to make, but its an interesting one. maybe phx throws in something else too
    Last edited by Levity; 08-19-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    makes sense, and would have been great for the rockets if they didnt get involved in the chris bosh sweepstakes. Ryno is probably the best stretch 4 in the league, so itll be interesting to see what kind of offers surface once teams see him back on the court.

if i remember correctly, there were rumors leading into this off sesaons about something like gerald green for ryno. i dont think thats the best move for NO to make, but its an interesting one. maybe phx throws in something else too
    Do you mean purely in the aspect of shooting? Because there's this guy named Kevin Love I think is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Do you mean purely in the aspect of shooting? Because there's this guy named Kevin Love I think is alright.
    haha fck. he slipped my mind, but at the same time, i dont like to label love as a stretch 4, since him impact goes beyond that. but yeah, shooting-wise, id say anderson's the best, but overall, love would be the leagues best stretch 4.

haha fck. he slipped my mind, but at the same time, i dont like to label love as a stretch 4, since him impact goes beyond that. but yeah, shooting-wise, id say anderson's the best, but overall, love would be the leagues best stretch 4.
    Agreed.

I hope he has a good year, that injury was just tough to watch when it happened

did dirk die?