Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Serious playground baller Sean77's Avatar

Default Re: OT: Will EA Sports realize that Live is absolute garbage?

I was a dedicated Live since the first one, but when I got 2K5 and played that 24/7 mode, it was over. In fact 24/7 was all I played on 2K5. I still love Live '04 because the graphics changed so drastically, plus it was the Class of '03's first year. I hated '05, they changed the graphics again and the dunk contest had nothing on NBA Street Vol. 3. '06 redeemeed itself with the Superstar option, but the graphics were still ugly. I didn't even get '07, I just got 2K7(PS2), which is much better. Only thing is no 24/7 mode!!

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    Whoa Brantonli, you're in HK? I just moved to Hong Kong from LA for work man. Actually I have seen NBA 2k7 here, it's on sale in Mongkok and Wan chai centers, you can't find it at the big plazas, gotta go to the small centers.

Yeah, but my consol is a 'real' version so I doubt the discs they have on sale in 289 or 360 will be real. I just couldn't resist that offer Toys r us had for an Xbox, one consol with 4 games, around 1k HKD, and add 1 dollar for an extra handset and game.

I still play NBA 2k1 and 2k2 on my dreamcast from time to time. Great series, and it sounds like the next gen versions are pretty sweet as well. I hate Live so much and refuse to even download it now haha.

HeartHustleHope

I once scored 210 points with Brian Scalabrine.

Ummmmm, very realistic.

Serious playground baller Wicked_1's Avatar

someone should run a poll and see what everyone likes

Local High School Star bballnoob's Avatar

The leap form 2005 to 2006 is unreal. 05 was nearly impossible to start a fast break then you have 06 where you can easily score 200 in 12 minute quarters. I hate Live...

Will EA Sports realize that Live is absolute garbage?

I think they know homie. Who do you know would waste time changing a product when the streets love it, the formula for crack has remained unchanged for the last 30+ years.

Very good NBA starter

Good news to everyone. NBA Live 2009 is delayed until early 2009(As apose to late 2008) because of their "Programmers knowing too much about programs and too little about basketball", I got that from IGN or something.

This means their trying to change for basketball purposes and obviously will be much better then NBA Live 2008.

Get NBA 2K9.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    EA will never fix the Live or Madden series (sorry people but Madden sucks) because they both rake in an insane amount of money as is.

Until someone can beat EA's marketing or gets people to stop buying EA games because they are used to EA games the games will never improve.
    That's because there are still people out there that will buy it no matter what because it's EA. Like everyone is saying, the sales are still there, so they can keep making it.

I also read that EA is buying up "exclusive rights" to sports leagues left and right. I swear I read in one of my old GameInformers that EA just bought exclusive rights to the NFL and there will be no 2K football anymore.

EA also was looking at buying Rockstar games, or whoever the hell owns the current GTA franchise.

It's really disappointing. The only redeeming quality Live has, is it DOES have phenomenal commentating. I can't get over that. I wish there was a way to pop the EA commentary into 2K8.

Last good Live game was '04. The cartoony characters were goofy, but the gameplay was great, and you could even time your blocks and shots, etc. Unfortunately, they don't make enough creatable players spots to update the rosters back that far.

Someone brought up NBA Jam. Does anyone else think the market is open for a 5 on 5 version of NBA Jam, maybe even like a Rock 'n Jock type deal?

Seems like if EA maybe split their guys into two different basketball games, maybe they'd have more success. This is our realistic version, this is our NBA Jam version. And that would be fine. I had fun with NBA Jam as a kid, but I still played Live (back then we didn't have 2k sports).

Mathius
    Last edited by Mathius; 06-28-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    That's because there are still people out there that will buy it no matter what because it's EA. Like everyone is saying, the sales are still there, so they can keep making it.

I also read that EA is buying up "exclusive rights" to sports leagues left and right. I swear I read in one of my old GameInformers that EA just bought exclusive rights to the NFL and there will be no 2K football anymore.

EA also was looking at buying Rockstar games, or whoever the hell owns the current GTA franchise.

It's really disappointing. The only redeeming quality Live has, is it DOES have phenomenal commentating. I can't get over that. I wish there was a way to pop the EA commentary into 2K8.

Last good Live game was '04. The cartoony characters were goofy, but the gameplay was great, and you could even time your blocks and shots, etc. Unfortunately, they don't make enough creatable players spots to update the rosters back that far.

Someone brought up NBA Jam. Does anyone else think the market is open for a 5 on 5 version of NBA Jam, maybe even like a Rock 'n Jock type deal?

Seems like if EA maybe split their guys into two different basketball games, maybe they'd have more success. This is our realistic version, this is our NBA Jam version. And that would be fine. I had fun with NBA Jam as a kid, but I still played Live (back then we didn't have 2k sports).

Mathius
    EA bought the NFL license YEARS go. There hasn't been a 2K NFL game since 2005. They tried with the NBA and David Stern denied them. Gotta give credit to the man there.

College star

Aye, why should they improve it when peeps keep buying it every year?
    this is the absolute truth.

If you paid me $20 for something that was half broken, but KEPT buying it, what incentive do i have to actually fix it when there is NO other major competition?

the answer is to just stop buying the product. being the ONLY one available isn't a reason to buy it unless you NEED it, in which case you could probably sue for quality assurance

personally, i quit around live 05 because the game was starting to get atrocious with 04 and 05 was just the same thing with an extra turd packaged.

MMO sports is where we are heading, i cant wait for EA try it because no one will EVER play madden or live again. they are unoriginal pieces of crap anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ALaz502
    EA bought the NFL license YEARS go. There hasn't been a 2K NFL game since 2005. They tried with the NBA and David Stern denied them. Gotta give credit to the man there.
    EA did manage to buy-out the College Basketball license though.

College 2k8 on PS3 will be the last 2k game for quite awhile.

I'de recommend getting it now. If you're into team management there is nothing like recruiting a player, playing him in college, then exporting him to NBA 2k8 and drafting him to your franchise...

Also, I think Sega Sports is making Football games again.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason

I'de recommend getting it now. If you're into team management there is nothing like recruiting a player, playing him in college, then exporting him to NBA 2k8 and drafting him to your franchise...

I hate EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    I hate EA.
    I HATE ea too!

Fuc EA garbage

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason

That's freaking awsome dude!! I didn't know you could do that!