Thread: Boozer and Lin

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Boozer and Lin

ull be surprised

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.Hawks
    this.

you people are crazy if you think a team with kobe, lin, boozer, nick young, a promising rookie, and a pretty solid depth overall arent going to make the playoffs.
    Lol, from the "things you never thought a person could actually type out" file.

The Lakers could have released Nash via stretch provision, not signed Boozer and not signed Young, and had enough to sign Bledsoe to a max deal, with Kobe moving to small forward.

Oops.

National High School Star

Lin and Boozer will actually be one of the better P and R duos in the league, but thats not really saying too much because other than that the Lakers are MOST likely not going to make the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    they will make the playoffs, Lin will emerge as a true leader, you heard it here first
    OP is way underrating Lin. I said Lin would make the NBA back in ~'09 to the ridicule of my HS classmates (went to HS with Lin) and well look at that, he's still being underrated today.

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    Lin and Boozer will actually be one of the better P and R duos in the league,

Boozer hasn't been effective in the PnR since like 2011, Lin was one of the best at it for like 4 weeks...3 years ago

Lin will be fine. Boozer's useless. Kobe's going to be like Detroit Iverson this season.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -Lebron23-

Boozer hasn't been effective in the PnR since like 2011, Lin was one of the best at it for like 4 weeks...3 years ago
    rose, who hasnt played in 2 years, was the bulls best PnR guard. (and honestly, he isnt even that good at that). Beyond him, the bulls didnt have anyone to run a pick and roll, which made boozers impact much less than desired. instead, the team ran their offense through Noah at the high post.

Lin is an excellent PnR guard. when he was given priority to run HOU's offense, he was able to find dwight in prime position deep in the paint during pick and rolls.

Lin will have that same connection with boozer, hill, and possibly randle (once his pick and roll game develops)
    Last edited by Levity; 08-21-2014 at 03:24 PM.

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    rose, who hasnt played in 2 years, was the bulls best PnR guard. (and honestly, he isnt even that good at that). Beyond him, the bulls didnt have anyone to run a pick and roll, which made boozers impact much less than desired. instead, the team ran their offense through Noah at the high post.

Lin is an excellent PnR guard. when he was given priority to run HOU's offense, he was able to find dwight in prime position deep in the paint during pick and rolls.

Lin will have that same connection with boozer, hill, and possibly randle (once his pick and roll game develops)
    You don't understand Boozer is just too old and slow to roll to the basket and finish in traffic. His finishing ability is useless now because he caan't get himself in position to score before help arrives and blocks his sh

Not airballing my layups anymore

how do some of you sleep at night? you guys are terrified of kobe...its really pathetic and sad.

There is ONE above average player on the team. ONE.

Try to convince me that any other player on that roster is above average for their position.

Not to mention the fact that their one good player is old as dirt and coming off severe injury. Plus they have a new coach, and are in a brutal conference.

35 wins TOPS, probably more like 28.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

50+ wins. Wcf minimum if kobes playing well

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Feel like I'm the only who thinks the Lakers will be surprisingly decent this year.. People are gonna clown them constantly because they're the Lakers, but they could reasonably be a 40-45 win team. They're not making the playoffs..but their roster is not that bad.

Lin/Nash/Clarkson
    Kobe/Xavier/Johnson
    Young/Johnson/Kobe
    Boozer/Randle/Hill
    Hill/Davis/Sacre

If Kobe comes back to 80-85% of his old self, offensively they could be pretty good. Defense is the big issue..Nash, Boozer, Kobe are all abysmal defenders right now..but Hill, Xavier, Wes, Ed Davis, Lin, Young are all either solid to good defenders, or athletic/young enough to be capable of playing solid defense with good coaching.

I have them winning something like 42 games and being a 10th-11th seed, pretty much where the TWolves were at this past season.
    The only players who play defense on the team is Hill and Sacre LOOOOOOL
    Lin sucks, Nash is hot garbage, WTF is Clarkson. Kobes past his prime, Xavier is decent same with Wesley. Nick Young Boozer Randle

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Feel like I'm the only who thinks the Lakers will be surprisingly decent this year.. People are gonna clown them constantly because they're the Lakers, but they could reasonably be a 40-45 win team. They're not making the playoffs..but their roster is not that bad.

Lin/Nash/Clarkson
    Kobe/Xavier/Johnson
    Young/Johnson/Kobe
    Boozer/Randle/Hill
    Hill/Davis/Sacre

If Kobe comes back to 80-85% of his old self, offensively they could be pretty good. Defense is the big issue..Nash, Boozer, Kobe are all abysmal defenders right now..but Hill, Xavier, Wes, Ed Davis, Lin, Young are all either solid to good defenders, or athletic/young enough to be capable of playing solid defense with good coaching.

I have them winning something like 42 games and being a 10th-11th seed, pretty much where the TWolves were at this past season.

why do you feel like the only one? you didnt see the 10-15 threads i made/posted in talking about them being a possible 7-8 seed?

kobes taken far far far far far far far far far far...........far worse to the post season

Kobe was a lot younger then,Kenny. He's got a chip on his shoulder and be out to prove that he can play like Kobe of old.

That will be a big part of the Lakers demise over the next 2 seasons.