Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Can you perform maintenance work on your car(s) yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by DwnShft2Xcelr8
    This video just opened my eyes. Never going to a mechanic shop again.

honestly trying is learning...its not that hard and you'll become more skiiled and save money at the same time thru trial and error. thats life.

if u go synthetic, go to Walmart and buy the big gallon jugs of it, its a lot cheaper than buying by quarts.

most people get ripped off with stuff because they're so inconfident trying stuff themselves or too lazy. youtube/internet changed the whole game on a lot of levels. i mean its a how to, to do pretty much anything.

My father's a diesel mechanic and knows the ins and outs of auto. Guy pays all the money in the world to get his shit fixed.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DwnShft2Xcelr8
    @Godzuki, that's true for my girl's car, but my car takes synthetic oil, so the oil change ends up costing between $60-$80.

@Meticode, thanks for the walkthrough, but I'm one of those typical American idiots who need pics and/or video for help. Reading directions isn't good enough for my dumbass.

@Rondooooo, worry not, me bretha. I no make no mistake like dat.

@Everyone else, thanks for the encouragement. I'll attempt it on my next day off.

You know what's some shit, though? My motorcycle, car & girl's car all need oil changes at the same motherfudging time! That's my life. Garbage.

here u go man. Amazing deal IF u can get the rebate. Anyways 'im in for 2 from Walmart since its a good price either way

http://slickdeals.net/f/7161092-mobi...azon?#comments

i just verified and Walmart IS a participating rebate store. also u can get 2 rebates max. its definitely a sick deal.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 08-26-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    My dad said he would beat my ass if I didn't know how to change oil, brakes, tires and all that shit.
    Rightly so.

Nobody's expecting every man to be a mechanic, but every man should understand the basic concepts of an internal combustion engine and the ability to do the absolute basics that you described.