Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bron myths

College superstar

Default Re: Bron myths

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    The Heat were way more stacked.

How else can you explain Jordan having to score way more, shoot way more, have a higher PER, and have a much higher usage in order to win HIS championships, than Lebron needed to win his?

These things are impossible if the Bulls were more stacked....

The reality is that Jordan only had Pippen and a good rebounding 4.... that's it... no 3rd scoring option and no 3rd all-star like Lebron has... and Jordan's role players like Kerr, Paxson and BJ Armstrong don't compare to Ray Allen, Chalmers and Cole.
    That's the same thing.

Banned

[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]
    Jordan Jumped Way Higher Off Two-Foot Takeoffs

Jordan jumped way higher and had better explosion off vertical (two-foot takeoffs) which was a big advantage in traffic... Kobe is pretty good of a vertical too - and both those guys had the physique that was conducive for scoring effectively in traffic, where their vertical ability was needed.

In contrast, Lebron is actually only okay off a vertical and his physique is not conducive for mitigating defenders in traffic... Here's Lebron off a drop-step (one-step vertical), where he gets stuffed on a game winning attempt and the Heat lost... He didn't have good explosion.

Whereas, in the same spot, Jordan drop-steps with a lot more lift and explosion.

Here's another one where they are both doing the exact same move that ends up with them jumping off two feet, and Jordan has quite a bit more lift.

Lebron going up weak off two feet after jumpstop.. can't dunk..

Jordan in Exact Same Spot, Exact Same Move and Jumpstop, Goes up A Lot Stronger

Same Spot, Also Over Dominique and Moses Malone at the Same Time

Dude, stop trying to convince yourself that MJ is better

You're reaching, srsly two foot leaping is supposed to be a big deal?

Admit Lebron >> MJ and move on

The Heat were way more stacked.

How else can you explain Jordan having to score way more, shoot way more, and have a much higher usage in order to win HIS championships, than Lebron needed to win his?

In order to win his championships, Jordan also had to have a higher PER, Win Shares and WS/48.

These things are impossible if the Bulls were more stacked....

The reality is that Jordan only had Pippen and a good rebounding 4.... that's it... no 3rd scoring option and no 3rd all-star like Lebron has... and Jordan's role players like Kerr, Paxson and BJ Armstrong don't compare to Ray Allen, Chalmers and Cole.
    Lebron's highest FGA of his career was 23.1.... MJ shot exactly that even in his last season with the Bulls as a 34-35 year old... hell MJ shot close to that many shots even with the Wizards.... In the rest of Lebrons seasons he wasnt even close to that FGA... and i wouldnt say his Cleveland rosters were better than 90-98 Bulls? Meaning he didnt need to shoot that much to win?

Do you get the point? Two different players/games/mindsets...

MJ was more of a scorer....
    Lebron more of a playmaker(passer/distributor)....
    Thats why MJ shot more...
    Thats why Lebron passed more...

There is only so many possessions on the offensive side, you take a shot and you missed an opportunity for a pass instead, you made a pass and you missed an opportunity for a shot....

Both games effective for their teams outcome, but different....
    Last edited by pauk; 08-25-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Before I begin to analyze the OP, let me just make it clear to anyone that may not already know where I stand: Jordan was a much better basketball player than LeBron, and there is literally nothing that LeBron can do from here on out that will change that. He could win five rings in Cleveland, retire with seven championships and six MVPs and be crowned by the media as the GOAT, and I will still know that Michael Jordan was better at basketball. Now that that's out of the way:

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    "Bron is a better playmaker than MJ"
    I think this is generally true, but it's VERY debatable. LeBron simply plays the role of playmaker MORE OFTEN than MJ did. When Jordan played point guard for much of the '89 season, he averaged 8.0 APG, and in the 1991 Finals he managed a jaw-dropping 11.4 APG (basically just trolling Magic). But LeBron has been a great playmaker since he stepped into the league, and I think just because of consistency should be given the benefit of the doubt in this department.

"Bron is a better rebounder than MJ"
    The argument that LeBron should average more rebounds since he plays forward is a fallacy in my opinion. He has had dominant rebounding series while playing for Miami to compensate for his team's weakness in that department. Jordan was good for a guard, but yes LeBron is a better rebounder than Jordan was.

"Bron is a better finisher then MJ"
    NO. Not even close, to be quite honest. LeBron's best career dunks are over Jason Terry and Damon Jones. He dunked on Duncan once, but Duncan was standing still with his hands in the air trying to take a charge. He dunked on Garnett once, but Garnett was way out of position and didn't even go for the block. LeBron does not have the courage or the in-your-face attitude that Jordan had to be an elite posterizing finisher. Jordan did not give a F[COLOR="Black"]UCK[/COLOR]. He played in an era that was absolutely stacked with centers and he posterized all of them. He was an animal, an absolute beast at finishing in the half court. LeBron jumps higher off of one leg, but Jordan was much, much better off of two. This made MJ's timing more unpredictable, and it made it much easier for him to dominate offensively.

"Bron is a better athlete then MJ"
    This one is probably most debatable of them all. All-around (not specific to any one sport), I'd probably give it to LeBron.

LeBron's athletic advantages:

size, strength, breakaway speed, leaping in stride, power through momentum

Jordan's athletic advantages:

quickness, agility, balance, superior two-legged vertical, dexterity, body control

While I'd give the edge to LeBron all-around, I believe Jordan's athletic advantages were more beneficial to playing basketball (and contributed to the fact that he was a much better basketball player). But I think LeBron would be a much better football player

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    MJ was more of a scorer....
    Lebron more of a playmaker(passer/distributor)....
    Thats why MJ shot more...
    Thats why Lebron passed more...

There is only so many possessions on the offensive side, you take a shot and you missed an oppurtunity for a pass instead, you made a pass and you missed an oppurtunity for a shot....

Both games effective for their teams outcome, but different....
    It's one of the reasons Lebron can't dominate like Jordan did... he doesn't shoot it enough to dominate like Jordan did.

And Lebron's assist advantage is too small given how much less he scores than Jordan.

Jordan averaged 0.6 less assists per 36 minutes in the playoffs, but averaged 25% more points per 36 minutes.

Are you seriously going to harp on a tiny assist advantage when Jordan was scoring 25% more every 3 quarters on a better points-per-possession efficiency basis (Ortg)?

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Before I begin to analyze the OP, let me just make it clear to anyone that may not already know where I stand: Jordan was a much better basketball player than LeBron, and there is literally nothing that LeBron can do from here on out that will change that. He could win five rings in Cleveland, retire with seven championships and six MVPs and be crowned by the media as the GOAT, and I will still know that Michael Jordan was better at basketball. Now that that's out of the way:

I think this is generally true, but it's VERY debatable. LeBron simply plays the role of playmaker MORE OFTEN than MJ did. When Jordan played point guard for much of the '89 season, he averaged 8.0 APG, and in the 1991 Finals he managed a jaw-dropping 11.4 APG (basically just trolling Magic). But LeBron has been a great playmaker since he stepped into the league, and I think just because of consistency should be given the benefit of the doubt in this department.

The argument that LeBron should average more rebounds since he plays forward is a fallacy in my opinion. He has had dominant rebounding series while playing for Miami to compensate for his team's weakness in that department. Jordan was good for a guard, but yes LeBron is a better rebounder than Jordan was.

NO. Not even close, to be quite honest. LeBron's best career dunks are over Jason Terry and Damon Jones. He dunked on Duncan once, but Duncan was standing still with his hands in the air trying to take a charge. He dunked on Garnett once, but Garnett was way out of position and didn't even go for the block. LeBron does not have the courage or the in-your-face attitude that Jordan had to be an elite posterizing finisher. Jordan did not give a F[COLOR="Black"]UCK[/COLOR]. He played in an era that was absolutely stacked with centers and he posterized all of them. He was an animal, an absolute beast at finishing in the half court. LeBron jumps higher off of one leg, but Jordan was much, much better off of two. This made MJ's timing more unpredictable, and it made it much easier for him to dominate offensively.

This one is probably most debatable of them all. All-around (not specific to any one sport), I'd probably give it to LeBron.

LeBron's athletic advantages:

size, strength, breakaway speed, leaping in stride, power through momentum

Jordan's athletic advantages:

quickness, agility, balance, superior two-legged vertical, dexterity, body control

While I'd give the edge to LeBron all-around, I believe Jordan's athletic advantages were more beneficial to playing basketball (and contributed to the fact that he was a much better basketball player). But I think LeBron would be a much better football player
    I almost don't want to respond anymore this one is so rational and factual.

Banned

[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]
    While Jordan was a vastly superior leaper than Lebron off two legs, he was also at least equal to Lebron off of one leg.

Both guys can dunk from the FT line - Jordan brings it all the way back and dunks with ease.... Lebron isn't doing BETTER than that... he's only matching it.

Jordan could never dream of jumping this high

JUST STOP IT

Jordan's 2 feet vert advantage is no where close to LeBron's 1 foot vert advantage

FYI LeBron dunked from the FT line in the middle of a game

Now I know you are brainwashed beyond repair

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Facts about each player

LeBron is 2/5

Jordan is 1/9

2/5>>>1/9
    This idiot compares Jordan's first ten playoffs games record to LeBron's Finals series record I mean, how dense do you gotta be to mix two entirely different things?

That's like saying Hakeem Olajuwon's 2/2 Finals > LeBron's 2/11 championships in his entire career. Mixing two different stats Dude is just embarrassing.

I don't care what anyone says, Jordan has a case on all of these categories and it isn't nostalgia talking here...

The only one I think Lebron has a slight edge on Jordan is the passing. I've seen Lebron do passes I'm not sure if I've seen Jordan do before.

College superstar

get real.. lebron is one of the most physically gifted players ever .. he is so strong attacking the basket that half the time he gets hit with the body, smacked on the arms, and finishes with ease and makes the play to appear clean. please don't act like it would be any different if he played in the 80's or 90's.

he would have been so frustrating for those guys, he would have ended up fouling those guys out (imagine if dude could handcheck on the other end ). the nba is different now... you don't have guys hitting and intentionally fouling or being as "tough" because of players like lebron who will make you pay time and time again.

like barkley said: lebron is bigger, faster and stronger. hence, lebron is better. hell, not just his good friend but his teammate scottie pippen said lebron was the better player. alonzo mourning also said lebron could kick jordan's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Jordan could never dream of jumping this high

FYI LeBron dunked from the FT line in the middle of a game
    I just showed you footage of Jordan equaling (actually surpassing imo) Lebron's greatest feats off one leg.

And Jordan has had his head over the rim many times... he does it right here, but you'd have to pause the vid to see it...

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Some are debatable I agree. But people say shit as tho it was a given so frequently that they become myths.

Repetition of debatable or false info becomes myths.

I.E. 'Kobe is the most clutch'

Is Kobe clutch? Sure

But not THE most clutch. Is it debatable? Kinda, but

Banned

I just showed you footage of Jordan equaling (actually surpassing imo) Lebron's greatest feats off one leg.

And Jordan has had his head over the rim many times... he does it right here, but you'd have to pause the vid to see it...

You jordan fans are insecure

Some are debatable I agree. But people say shit as tho it was a given so frequently that they become myths.

Repetition of debatable or false info becomes myths.

I.E. 'Kobe is the most clutch'

Is Kobe clutch? Sure

But not THE most clutch. Is it debatable? Kinda, but

It's not ok for Jordan to have claims on any of Lebron's abilities, but as soon as we defend Jordan's abilities we are insecure.

Something not right here