Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bron myths

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Bron myths

[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]
    MJ Had Westbrook/Monta Ellis True Guard Quickness for Greater Mismatches vs. Bigger Defenders

With Lebron, you can have success guarding him with Boris Diaw or Kawhi Leonard because Lebron's offensive repertoire has its limits and even though he is fast, he isn't blowing by these guys like say, a westbrook or monta ellis would... also, guys like Diaw are used to guarding big, bulky physiques so they are physically ready for Lebron... No real knock on Lebron - most guys aren't goat in all aspects of scoring so there is always a way to slow them down... Like with Durant, he never posts, so you can get away with guarding him with Chris Paul.

If you try big guys on Jordan such as Dominique Wilkins, Dennis Rodman, or Richard Dumas, he just toyed with them using skill and superior quickness.. Jordan wasn't only quick for his size - he was a true guard with Westbrook/Monta-type quickness that made him a serious mismatch for bigger defenders, as you see below.

Opposing coaches would try these bigger defenders on Jordan for a few possessions, then decide the quickness mismatch didn't make sense and put the 2-guard back on him..

Goat skill is the only way a 39-year old could thoroughly dominate and drop 41 points all on a prime Shawn Marion... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9ayPlqCMg

Plus game winner (on a prime Marion, not the Marion from 2011).

MJ hit game winners on Marion the same way he used to do Rodman..

Of course, put little guys on MJ and he toyed with them using skill and size.

Last edited by 3ball; 08-26-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Banned

Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    It's one of the reasons Lebron can't dominate like Jordan did... he doesn't shoot it enough to dominate like Jordan did.

And Lebron's assist advantage is too small given how much less he scores than Jordan.

Jordan averaged 0.6 less assists per 36 minutes in the playoffs, but averaged 25% more points per 36 minutes.

Are you seriously going to harp on a tiny assist advantage when Jordan was scoring 25% more every 3 quarters on a better points-per-possession efficiency basis (Ortg)?
    Lebron dominates differently.... he can dominate like Jordan did, but not for an entire career like Jordan, with that i mean being more of a strict scorer (well maybe he could, i think he has that scoring ability, but i dont think he has that MINDSET/STYLE to do it).... understand? Just like i believe Jordan could dominate like Lebron.... pass more, move the ball more, hence shoot less, i believe Jordan perhaps had that passing ability/unselfishness, but i dont think he had that mindset/style to be like that his entire career like Lebron....

Im just comparing the differences, not taking any sides....

MJ would therefore never shoot 14 FGA in a Finals series, even if he hypothetically couldnt make a shot at all (lets just say so).... Lebron did that and he didnt even shoot bad or something that series, he just sees the game differently, he is a player who can settle with passing the ball almost entire game... In that series if Jordan shot bad he would still most likely shoot (hence score) more, but pass less (ignore a hot Wade while at it) and still the outcome would be the same....... why? Because the accountability on the boxscore could still be the same.... assist/move the ball so someone else scores and/or bricks.... or.... scoring and/or bricking yourself.....

Thats what some fans still dont understand when they compare Lebron to Jordan (or even Kobe), they are two very different players offensively, hell after all these years im still not sure if Lebron is a pass-first PG who transitioned into a scoring SF or the most unselfish scoring SF or even non-PG maybe ever (his apg sure says that at least)....
    Last edited by pauk; 08-25-2014 at 11:41 PM.

Banned

Let's be real, Jordan rocked headbands better than LeBron, too.

Banned

Lebron gets more rebounds and assist than jordan so no myth. Lebron runs faster jumps higher plus he is stronger lebron can just bulldoze power forwards and centers like nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Let's be real, Jordan rocked headbands better than LeBron, too.

You come across objective half the time, but you're always having direct or indirect jabs at Bulls players/fans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    You come across objective half the time, but you're always having direct or indirect jabs at Bulls players/fans.
    You know what happened to your account, right? Did dude change your password? What happened there?

bron = faster, stronger, smarter jordan. Michael didn't do anything better than lebron. Nothing.

You know what happened to your account, right? Did dude change your password? What happened there?

I don't follow..

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    bron = faster, stronger, smarter jordan. Michael didn't do anything better than lebron. Nothing.
    He played a lot better in the Finals

Banned

I don't follow..

My dude, WTF

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    get real.. lebron is one of the most physically gifted players ever .. he is so strong attacking the basket that half the time he gets hit with the body, smacked on the arms, and finishes with ease and makes the play to appear clean. please don't act like it would be any different if he played in the 80's or 90's.

he would have been so frustrating for those guys, he would have ended up fouling those guys out (imagine if dude could handcheck on the other end ). the nba is different now... you don't have guys hitting and intentionally fouling or being as "tough" because of players like lebron who will make you pay time and time again.

like barkley said: lebron is bigger, faster and stronger. hence, lebron is better. hell, not just his good friend but his teammate scottie pippen said lebron was the better player. alonzo mourning also said lebron could kick jordan's ass.
    Pretty sure DeAndre Jordan is bigger, stronger and faster than Larry Bird, I guess in your book D Jordan > Bird
    Barkley has never ever said Bron is better than Jordan, actually the opposite. For the very few people who have said LeBron is better, it is a tiny minority, there are countless of former players, coaches, analysts, general managers who have said MJ is the GOAT. Even LeBron has called him the GOAT and wears 23 in his honor.

LeBron is an MJ stan

My dude, WTF

Ok, who's messing with my account

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Pretty sure DeAndre Jordan is bigger, stronger and faster than Larry Bird, I guess in your book D Jordan > Bird
    Barkley has never ever said Bron is better than Jordan, actually the opposite. For the very few people who have said LeBron is better, it is a tiny minority, there are countless of former players, coaches, analysts, general managers who have said MJ is the GOAT. Even LeBron has called him the GOAT and wears 23 in his honor.

LeBron is an MJ stan
    Lebron is also a Shabazz Napier stan so Napier > Bron ??

you're reaching so much on your arguments

Ok, who's messing with my account