Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Heat not interested in re-signing Michael Beasley due to defense and maturity concern

I have very little doubt that he could've averaged 20ppg+ if he ever could get his act together. He was one of the most dominant college players I've ever seen.

In his one season at Kansas State the dude averaged 26/13! That makes Parker and Wiggins look like absolute garbage. He was twice the player in college they were.

I think it's too late now though, he's about done in the league.

Default Re: Heat not interested in re-signing Michael Beasley due to defense and maturity concern

Play in China or in Australia. He's still only 25 yrs.old.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    I doubt even the Spurs could save him. You can't insert any player under Pop and he will magically play better. They actually have to want to do those things to help themselves succeed, and apparently he just doesn't give a shit.

And the potential is there. Remember that one year in Minnesota? Dude had a long stretch (like 2 months) of 20+ a night, near 50% shooting including 30+ and even a 40+ game. He can ball.
    Lots of players have good stretches, and some even have good years. Several things can influence their numbers. One is being on a shitty team. I call this the Mike James effect. He had some awesome season in Toronto (I think) ball hogging and taking all the shots and making passes because he had the ball in his hands all the time. After averaging almost 20 pts in Toronto, the next year he averaged 14 in Minnesota. Look at Evan Turner with the Sixers last year it was the same situation. Also, often times players figure out how to guard someone and if those players' games don't develop then the player become much less useful. Being a successful pro is about being prepared and being consistent. Lots of players have had great stretches of games, that's not rare. What is rare are the players who are able to do that night in and night out and it's been proven over time that Beasley is not one of those guys.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I have very little doubt that he could've averaged 20ppg+ if he ever could get his act together. He was one of the most dominant college players I've ever seen.

In his one season at Kansas State the dude averaged 26/13! That makes Parker and Wiggins look like absolute garbage. He was twice the player in college they were.

I think it's too late now though, he's about done in the league.
    You must not have seen many college players. Joe Smith averaged 24.6 ppg over two years in school and was nothing more than a decent pro. If you watch college basketball you would know that not all great college players' games translate to the pros, especially tweeners.

If Miami doesn't want him back, it speaks volumes about him. That's a red flag for me.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

He averaged 14 points as a rookie in like 25 minutes. IMO had he been given a green light as a rookie similar to a Durant/Carmelo his career turns out differently. He was handcuffed because of his shitty defense from day 1. He put up 19/6 that one season at like 22.

Probably never develops into anything special but the talent is there. He could have succeeded in the NBA. Like alot of players the effort wasn't there and he didn't give a shit. Can't coast on talent in the NBA like you can in college.

Definite case of a player having a shitty career due to his mentality and not his talent level.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Have people not realized yet that Beasley obviously has mental problems. And you don't just fix those, I mean the guy is borderline retarded. It's like expecting a guy who has terrible eyesight to all of the sudden see with 20/20 vision without glasses or contacts.
    wat about lasik?

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Have people not realized yet that Beasley obviously has mental problems. And you don't just fix those, I mean the guy is borderline retarded. It's like expecting a guy who has terrible eyesight to all of the sudden see with 20/20 vision without glasses or contacts.

I thought he worked out for the lakers and they were signing him??