Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBron vs Dr.J

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron vs Dr.J

two of my favorite players. Doc is my all time favorite. most guys today never saw Doc at his peak prime from about 75 - 80 so usually aren't qualified to speak on it. I actually saw Doc play in person twice.

Lebron has more all around skill and is a bigger stronger player. Doc was a SF in a SG body.

When Doc came up only PGs really worked on ballhandling like crazy as a rule and guys weren't playing AAU at 10 years old so one might see Doc and compare him to a player today who has spent more time on ballhandling and skills and say that guy is superior to Doc but put them head to head and Doc's superior talent will dominate (hence these statements Doc would be Caron Butler in today's league)

However Lebron also has superior talent and even though Doc is my all time fave, I give Lebron the edge, however it's not NEARLY as huge a margin as some think.

If Doc grew up today working on skills from say 5th grade to adulthood with the talent he was blessed with that would be just scary.

for career Doc didn't win many ships because he was surrounded by good players but not HOFers. in 77 when they lost to the Blazers, World B, Dawkins and Collins were young and the Sixers suffered numerous injuries. Doc was playing damn near by himself.

The league favored big men and most teams had top centers. Even the Bullets and Sonics had guys like Unseld, Silas and Sikma. Doc had Caldwell Jones and Dawkins. when he got a HOF center they dominated.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by stanlove1111
    I will take what Lebron did with Cleveland over anything Irving ever did.

LeBron was clearly the better player although Irving is ws great.
    Can you imagine if I was aguing that Michael Gordan wasn't as good as Bill Russell?

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    In 1983 Kyrie hadn't even been born. So he certainly wasn't the best player on the team.
    So I tried to bring you back. "Hey, Its not spelled GORDAN."

Irving went to a much better team in Phila then he had in NJ and he didn't win it.,
    And you kept arguing that Gordan wasn't that great.

ERVING.

Dr JUUUUUUUuuuuulius ERRRrrrrving

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Lebron is a better player. Big advantages in defending and ball-handling. Better passer, outside & mid-range shooter

Quote Originally Posted by allball
    two of my favorite players. Doc is my all time favorite. most guys today never saw Doc at his peak prime from about 75 - 80 so usually aren't qualified to speak on it. I actually saw Doc play in person twice.

Lebron has more all around skill and is a bigger stronger player. Doc was a SF in a SG body.

When Doc came up only PGs really worked on ballhandling like crazy as a rule and guys weren't playing AAU at 10 years old so one might see Doc and compare him to a player today who has spent more time on ballhandling and skills and say that guy is superior to Doc but put them head to head and Doc's superior talent will dominate (hence these statements Doc would be Caron Butler in today's league)

However Lebron also has superior talent and even though Doc is my all time fave, I give Lebron the edge, however it's not NEARLY as huge a margin as some think.

If Doc grew up today working on skills from say 5th grade to adulthood with the talent he was blessed with that would be just scary.

for career Doc didn't win many ships because he was surrounded by good players but not HOFers. in 77 when they lost to the Blazers, World B, Dawkins and Collins were young and the Sixers suffered numerous injuries. Doc was playing damn near by himself.

The league favored big men and most teams had top centers. Even the Bullets and Sonics had guys like Unseld, Silas and Sikma. Doc had Caldwell Jones and Dawkins. when he got a HOF center they dominated.
    Some interesting points.

The 77' team also had a bad rep for selfishness.

I like Dr. J, but the Lebron James is a top 8 player of all time, and tied with Bird as the GOAT small Forward. LBJ is also a better all around player.

Elgin Baylor is in the discussion with Dr J, but Lebron is up there with Bird.

NBA sixth man of the year

Another ignorant only titles matters post..If I ran board you would be banned for 2 weeks for that crap...It gets really old.

I am not counting ABA titles, they were not the best team in the world..

In 1983 Erving was not even the best player on his team..I will take what Lebron did with Cleveland over anything Irving ever did.

LeBron was clearly the better player although Irving is ws great.
    So you overlook his entire post, focus on the last sentence and call his post ignorant and crap. Good job bro. That should really push the spirit of intelligent basketball discussion...especially when you can't even spell Erving, calling someone else ignorant. I love this forum...

Anyway, Dr. J is criminally underrated...
    Last edited by Dro; 08-27-2014 at 09:10 PM.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I like Dr. J, but the Lebron James is a top 8 player of all time, and tied with Bird as the GOAT small Forward. LBJ is also a better all around player.

leberon is top 8 of all time

bird is a better shooter,passer,rebounder than leflop ever been

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Paul George 24
    leberon is top 8 of all time

bird is a better shooter,passer,rebounder than leflop ever been
    Nah, he's correct

As a matter of fact, Bran has a higher case over Bird than vice versa

Cmon bro, at least watch some Bird before you talk

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32

at Lebron's flop.

I hate Lebron but this is easily him here over Dr. J.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Dr. J is the one who got me watching NBA basketball as a kid. Still love watching his highlights, but objectively, there's no way I would rank him above Lebron as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    LeBron > Kobe > Dr. J > Tmac > Vince > Wade
    Tmac nor Vince is better than Wade. Wade is the best player in the 2003 draft.

Give dr j’s LeRoid’s HGH treatment and ho..ly..F*CK

The ISH'ers Champion!

Easily Dr. J.

LeBron and it's not particularly close. Dr. J is in the 10's with Oscar, Brick, and the rest. LeBron is a top 3 GOAT.