Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Educate me on the art of the burger....

Just got a bunch of burgers from the butcher already prepared. What's the best way to cook? We have a propane grill. (Note before you lecture me on what i got, someone gave us burgers, and the grill was already there when we moved in so it's what we have....)

Educamate me on the art of the burger oh might ISHers...anything that will help...

Banned

Default Re: Educate me on the art of the burger....

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Step one, don't buy pre-made patties... Unless the butcher literally ground it and did it in front of you.
    QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Step one, don't buy pre-made patties... Unless the butcher literally ground it and did it in front of you.
    Someone came and gave me burgers (said it in first post) so although interesting, is not going to help me cook tomorrow.

Salt the burgers. Butter the buns.

Red Onions

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

ask randy bobandy

Montreal steak spice and Worcestershire sauce.

kings fan

Put mustard on the meat. I think the practice is called mustard frying or something. It smells and tastes so goooooood.

Last edited by cuad; 08-27-2014 at 07:16 PM.

NBA Superstar

IMO u need a real flame to make a great grilled burger. like a flame burning the shit out of the burger but not really burning it, just cooking it hard and fast where it gets this really strong grilled taste(altho given i was charcoal grilling)....if u do a low average fire where it isn't hitting the burger and really scorching it its nowhere near as good.

i remember the first time i realized this thinking "oh shit the burger is going to be burned to a crisp" when the fire got real high basically the burger was in the fire for a good time but still early and raw. Best fukking burger i ever had by a longshot. the burgers on average or no flame on it have never tasted nearly as good.

i usually seasoned it with taco seasoning packets from the grocery store, but i also made a burger rubb last time that had like 5~ spices in it which was real easy i found on the internet that got a lot of good ratings.

i still think its really about the flame being on the burger tho, it could've had zero spices on it and still would've tasted better than every other burger with zero flame in it.

also IMO u need to make it a cheeseburger, add American cheese at the end when its pretty much done to make it good. hate burgers without american cheese on it...like a waste of way more complementary flavor.

shhhhhhh

cuad that looks good...

the cooking is easy.. just put on the grill cook until the blood rises to the top, flip over and cook until the juices run clear...

it's the spices and additions that make the burger...

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    cuad that looks good...

the cooking is easy.. just put on the grill cook until the blood rises to the top, flip over and cook until the juices run clear...

it's the spices and additions that make the burger...
    what would you recommend seasoning it with? THe mustard thing looks good but i don't think the other people want that...

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    what would you recommend seasoning it with? THe mustard thing looks good but i don't think the other people want that...
    everybody is different... already some great recommendations here i'm gonna try...

with the kids our favorite way of doing this is, a bit of salt and pepper while cooking

use shredded lettuce we mix blue cheese dressing and mayo then stir it in with the lettuce like a slaw...

also mix up sweet pickle relish and ketchup

cheddar cheese, avocado and voila...

messy but good

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Salt, pepper, garlic is really all you need for seasoning.

I like to make my burgers spicy, so I add crushed red pepper and pour some Frank's on the patties while they cook.

Also, saute some pickled Jalepenos (Embasa is a good brand if you can get that), Onions and butter in a pan. Goes great with a burger.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

my burger recipe

i have a natural gas grill i love. F*ck charcoal.

I prefer 80/20 beef. Leaner beef doesn't stick together as well and fattier beef is a fire hazard.

Put the meat in a bowl and add an egg, a bit of minced garlic and a bit onions.
    form into patties. don't be afraid to work the meat a bit, it helps the patties from better.

After you make the patties pour a bit of olive over the patties first, then add generous amount of salt and pepper and a bit of worcestershire.

i like the grill hot and cook it on one side for about a minute or two and then flip. Cook and flip as needed after that.

My pan methodology is different.

Add worcestershire sauce steak sauce BBQ sauce salt peppee chopped garlic chopped belpepper to the meat than grill. On the side grill some onions and belpeppers. Get your desired cheese lettuce tomatoes. Fresh potatoes and chop and put in over or fry. Toast bread. Eat. Red wine for the lady.