Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Default NATO planning 'rapid-deployment force' of 10,000 troops to counter Russia

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ef=mostpopular

This is escalating pretty quickly starting a war over Ukraine

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: NATO planning 'rapid-deployment force' of 10,000 troops to counter Russia

Its stupid to fight russia over Ukraine. Ukraine has always been in the russian sphere of influence. Unfortunately for Ukraine they are russia's bitch, always have been, probably always will be.

Ukraine isnt worth fighting for. We should be using economic sanctions and trade embargos. Obviously not recognizing the puppet governments russia establishes. I would also support arming the ukrainians ala how we armed the taliban to fight the russians. But I am totally against direct action against russia for something as unimportant (to america) as Ukraine.

If russia threatens nato member then we will have to fight. Failure to honor one of our defense treaties will throw into question our ability/willingness to honor any of our defense treaties. It will badly weaken the american position and create deep instability in eastern europe, the south china sea and the middle east.

Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and the other former members of the warsaw pact are probably the most at risk.

Estonia especially, because of their discrimination against russians.

Until Russia actually threatens a defense obligation of ours we should not directly intervene with american forces. We should indirectly intervene via proxies.

If the russian federation chooses to attack an american defense obligation, they will have left us with no choice.

Edit: also we should immediately pressure the estonian government to stop discrimination against ethnic russians in their country. Discrimination is always wrong, but estonian discrimination against russians has the added layer of stupidity (eg. russia could crush estonia 1 on 1 in a matter of hours)

Also nato expansion eastward should halt
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 08-30-2014 at 06:09 PM.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Default Re: NATO planning 'rapid-deployment force' of 10,000 troops to counter Russia

Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
    Stupid
    yup

Great decision.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Great decision.
    That's easy to say when it's so far away from you. I'm a little split on it.

[QUOTE=Gr

I rule the local playground

I didn't say anything, I typed it.
    Oh, you nitpicky...

I'm not somebody who should complain though.

Great decision.

NATO.

I'm sure Putin is shakin in his boots.

Putin is not invading NATO countries,

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Putin is not invading NATO countries,
    Exactly Ukraine isn't part of NATO.

Banned

Just split Ukraine in two let Russia get eastern Ukraine and West Ukraine stays the same.

Local High School Star SunsN07BookIt's Avatar

I wonder how many pretty teenage Ukrainian girls they are going to leave behind with bun in the oven when they return to their homes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodmantheman
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ef=mostpopular

This is escalating pretty quickly starting a war over Ukraine
    Who is starting this war?