Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Do you date out of your race?

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Every chick is white when you come on your face.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Species =/= race

I was just about to point this out, but I think hes trying to demonstrate how progressive he is and for totally like not even recognizing race man.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I was just about to point this out, but I think hes trying to demonstrate how progressive he is and for totally like not even recognizing race man.
    At least he didn't regurgitate "there's only one race. The human race"

Banned

In the absence of photon illumination, every individual's pigmentation is equally rich with melanin.
    I read that in Barry White's voice. Added an 'awwwww baby' at end. Got me all hot and bothered

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

At least he didn't regurgitate "there's only one race. The human race"
    How do you guys delineate races biologically?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Species =/= race
    right. it means sub-species. and there are no actual biological races among humans. Its possible, even probable that neanderthals and devisonians were races of homo sapiens. but there are no actual valid race divisions among humans today (Variation within is greater than variation between, i.e. no genetic reality to the idea of race).

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    How do you guys delineate races biologically?
    There are 4 distinct skull types. Those are the 4 races

Contrary to popular belief, race has nothing to do with things like skin color or hair type.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    I read that in Barry White's voice. Added an 'awwwww baby' at end. Got me all hot and bothered

*Camera cuts to panties sliding down shins.*

it has nothing to do with being progressive or any of that shit.

Its about recognizing biological reality as demonstrated by genotypic and phenotypic data.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    right. it means sub-species. and there are no actual biological races among humans. Its possible, even probable that neanderthals and devisonians were races of homo sapiens. but there are no actual valid race divisions among humans today (Variation within is greater than variation between, i.e. no genetic reality to the idea of race).

So I assume you oppose colleges and businesses including race inquiries on applications, yeah?

*Waits for this question to be ignored*

There are 4 distinct skull types. Those are the 4 races

Contrary to popular belief, race has nothing to do with things like skin color or hair type.
    this isnt really true. There are some distinctive features among differing populations, but there is enough variation between them (i.e. its a spectrum rather than distinct, categorical types) that its not as straight-forward as that.

A good example is sinodont and sundodont teeth (used to distinguish between "mongloid" and "australoid" skulls. Do you have shovel shaped upper incisors? YOU might be an E. asian.

NBA Legend

it has nothing to do with being progressive or any of that shit.

Its about recognizing biological reality as demonstrated by genotypic and phenotypic data.

Its very difficult to concretely group organisms across the board at any classification level. But as a practical definition, everyone understands what "race" means on a human sociological level. It doesnt mean it has to matter for anything. But its silly to pretend its some made up concoction.

So I assume you oppose colleges and businesses including race inquiries on applications, yeah?

*Waits for this question to be ignored*
    no, I dont really care.

You're very ignorant of science. Humans are animals like anything else. There is no reason to not classify us the same as any other animal.

The "there's more variation within than between" is true, but you're misinterpreting what that means.

First, variation within what? If there are no races, what's the "within"?

Second, when you say there is more variation within a race, think of that like variation between vehicles. Think cares and motorcycles. They are different things, but there is more variation within. There are millions of variations within cars. There is only a finite difference between a car and a motorcycle. Example, cars have a steering wheel and motorcycles don't. That's 1 variation, but within cars there's are thousands of different steering wheels. Obviously a steering wheel is more like another steering wheel than a non-steering wheel but within steering wheels there are thousands of more variations. There is more cation in numbers but not in degree of variation.

it is made up. Its not biological reality. Which is why it is so variable across different cultures (go look at the # of races in other countries, particularly brazil). Race is not science, its a cultural construct that is highly variable.

Again, I dont really care that people use it, but I think people need to recognize that its not a biologically real thing, especially when dating "outside" your race is the topic. Who cares, if you like her, date her.