Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why is the Iphone so popular?

If we are just being honest, most people use their phones for texting, calling, average quality pictures, and gps.

You really could find a 100-200 dollar smartphone or cheaper to do all that. Im not sure why you would drop half a grand

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Just a great product. Smooth and silky. It is what you expect of the future. People like to say it takes Apple a long time to produce something others have but others run like crap. When you see how an Apple phone works, you will know why it took a bit of time to perfect.

Also, people will probably bitch about the 8MP camera but for some reason it is a better quality against its competitors.

Why? Because of sheep like this ^^^

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Why? Because of sheep like this ^^^
    Sheep? I think people are sheeps to actually think an Android phone is better when they haven't proven it to be such. You think it's better because on paper it says so?

I think iPhone is better because I can use it much more efficiently than I can an Android. I rank it heads and shoulders above its competition because of my experience with it.

Nobody needs to tell me so because I know.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    If we are just being honest, most people use their phones for texting, calling, average quality pictures, and gps.

You really could find a 100-200 dollar smartphone or cheaper to do all that. Im not sure why you would drop half a grand
    for the same reason people spend big money on cars when anything with wheels and brakes would serve your purpose just as well.. why do people spend so much on a nice house when anything with a roof and a heater will serve the same purpose

people like nice things, apple makes nice things there's no deep meaning to this other than people like nice things

The ease of use is such a cop out. Just admit you like the branding.

How many iphone users do more then click on the picture app icons that are present in every smartphone?

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i feel most people pay $200 for their iphone, granted they have an upgrade with their phone provider at the time. But without said upgrade, its definitely going to thin out your wallet. but how many people do you know that actually buy these phones without having an available upgrade? anyone on here fall in that category?

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    for the same reason people spend big money on cars when anything with wheels and brakes would serve your purpose just as well.. why do people spend so much on a nice house when anything with a roof and a heater will serve the same purpose

people like nice things, apple makes nice things there's no deep meaning to this other than people like nice things
    I know.

I just hate when people dont admit that. We gotta be onest with ourselves. I fully admit my Jordans are a waste of money for some superficial branding. I'll still wear and buy them anyways. Same with the Iphone.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Sheep? I think people are sheeps to actually think an Android phone is better when they haven't proven it to be such. You think it's better because on paper it says so?

I think iPhone is better because I can use it much more efficiently than I can an Android. I rank it heads and shoulders above its competition because of my experience with it.

Nobody needs to tell me so because I know.
    So you're saying iPhone is the LeBron of phones? Nothing flashy, but efficient as hell?

Real talk though, the new iPhone has no new features that Android didn't already have. IMO, the experience on a flagship android phone is just as good, if not better than a new iPhone

Banned

Here is how I see it. I got my iPhone5 and if I upgrade to a 6, I can flip the 5 to people that don't like to be on contract and compensate for the cost of the new one.

Plain and simple, an iPhone hold its value and nobody has one phone for the rest of their life. My constant upgrades will cost me around $1000 in 10 years while many people will be spending that much in a couple years by upgrading or buying a new phone. They would be spending in 5 years what I would be in 10 years time because lets face it these Android's values take a tremendous dip.

Nobody is going to flip a S4 for what I can with the iPhone5. Then we get new replacements S5 vs iPhone6 and I still come out on top.

College superstar

Apple fan boys are losing their mind cause there a large screen now and there NFC (payment app) on the new iphones. Features that are already on Android for a few years now........ 2015 iPhone "Wireless charge and 2GB of ram" How the hell you have 1GB of ram on your flagship phone in the year 2014...............

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    Apple fan boys are losing their mind cause there a large screen now and there NFC (payment app) on the new iphones. Features that are already on Android for a few years now........ 2015 iPhone "Wireless charge and 2GB of ram" How the hell you have 1GB of ram on your flagship phone in the year 2014...............

Like you know the difference between a 1GB phone and 2GB.

Tell me what are the real world differences between the two and I will buy you a phone of your choice.

shhhhhhh

I know.

I just hate when people dont admit that. We gotta be onest with ourselves. I fully admit my Jordans are a waste of money for some superficial branding. I'll still wear and buy them anyways. Same with the Iphone.
    yep.. see I won't spend big money on shoes because I trash them, i'm hard on shoes so i wait until they are on sale or look for smoking deals at the outlet mall.. I always end up walking into some guys shop and the next thing i know, i'm looking at this or helping with that..

later you'll find me bent over the tub at home trying to scrub the dirt off cursing at myself for not taking care of them...lol

i have an apple 4s it's my second one, the first one i left on the wing of an f2000 car.. thing hit the ground at 40 mph at the end of pit road, slid out onto the track, across it and into the dirt.. still worked, i was impressed, i've seen many a thing take that trip down pit lane and die a horrible bouncy death the fact this thing still worked just fine convinced me...

even though it worked it was really scratched up (surprisingly the glass didn't break) and so thrashed that i bought another one for 99 bucks from att

i won't give you the apps line or the ios is flawless line because i've had go rounds with apps on the iphone and the ios has had bugs a couple times but i'll say i like the product, fits in my pocket, feels good in my hand and can take a shot for the most part

Because 55% of the population is females.

The cloud.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Like you know the difference between a 1GB phone and 2GB.

Tell me what are the real world differences between the two and I will buy you a phone of your choice.
    If you have a phone that can actually do serious multi tasking like the S5 or Note 4, you understand why more ram comes in handy. Since iPhone doesn't have those multi tasking features, it doesn't need more RAM.

#REVOLUTIONARY