Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why is the Iphone so popular?

Reputation and the myths that come with it. Also marketing and fan boys/girls

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    If you have a phone that can actually do serious multi tasking like the S5 or Note 4, you understand why more ram comes in handy. Since iPhone doesn't have those multi tasking features, it doesn't need more RAM.

#REVOLUTIONARY
    that's actually a myth.. you've been able to multitask on iphones since ios 4 was replaced

Asians

The great in store tech support helps too

It's a fashion item, a modern piece of jewelry. If it was a small time, unknown phone manufacturer the commercial value of the newest Iphone would be about 400, and you pay an extra 300 on top for the Iphone as a fashion item and a status symbol.

There is nothing weird/wrong about that. A 10 dollar watch is perfectly functional. A 5 dollar shirt is functional. A 5000 dollar car is usually perfectly reliable and adequate. Yet people will spend exponentially more on those items with nobody batting an eye, while it's really the same thing.

Funny as hell to see people try to justify the Iphone's pricetag as something else though.

Why is the Iphone in this position? They were the innovator of the smartphone, the right brand for this type of approach, they have done an excellent job with their design and they have played their cards right from the start. They've gotten here by good business practice.

Banned

The same reason chivas regal went from a failing cheap whiskey brand to a more expensive well selling premium brand just by upping their price and using fancy packaging for the same product.

People want to buy into the idea they are getting a premium product and have spent their money to join an exclusive group.

Apple products are fine, they work well when you are using them with other Apple product, they work like shit when you are using them with other companies products but the way people justify that is by complaining about the other companies not supporting apple.

One thing that irks me is when the media say they are so innovative and doing new things, nothing they do is new. Their whole business model is taking an existing technology and refining it.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    that's actually a myth.. you've been able to multitask on iphones since ios 4 was replaced
    I'm talking about the advanced multi tasking that samsung phones do.

Shit like this:

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I used to be in the camp that wasn't sure why people needed a smart phone. I like some you, thought it as useless and as waste. After all, all we need a phone for is to make calls and send texts right?

Until I got my first iPhone.

I understood why people felt so connected to their phones.

Various people have different uses and needs.

I use it to keep me updated on my bus times, I use it as my up to the minute weather service, I use it at work to keep track of inventory, to check pricing, to do discount calculations. I use it to keep up with news (well.. mostly Reddit), I use it to text not just family and friends, but important job related information. I use my phone to check my work schedule and let my customers know when I'll be in along with sync with my wife. I use my phone to listen to music, I use my phone to take notes and as a reminder device, I use my phone to FaceTime my wife or if I need to display something to my coworkers. I use my phone to record memories and take pictures and share them with my family in the U.S. and Mexico.

And to be honest, I use my phone for simple shit like killing time when Im waiting like playing games, surfing the net (ISH), or watching videos.

I use my phone to get directions when Im lost, to get translations when I need them (from French), to light up a room when it's dark, to control my tv and/or music. I've used it as a way to inspire beats, I use it to edit videos and and pictures, entertain and teach my 2 year old nephews etc.etc.

This may apply to all smartphones.

But the reason I prefer the iPhone is for its elegant and buttery smooth yet dependable OS. I prefer the iPhone due to its ecosystem. I prefer the iPhone due to its security. i prefer the iPhone due to its integration between iOS and OS X.

I've used various Android phones in the past as friends, family and co-workers have asked me to help them with their crashing pieces of shits. It wasn't until last year that Android OS and phones in general were usable for 'me'. When I moved to Canada I was using some piece of shit Android phone and then moved up to the elegant HTC One. While the HTC One is the closest thing to an iPhone I was still missing my iPhone and its apps. Honestly, Android apps are a piece of SHIT. Giant turds they be. I knew it I'd be using the HTC One only for a limited time, I wanted to give it a chance since the other piece of shit Android phone sucked so hard I never used it. But while it was great in its own way, I never got a chance to fully explore it and learn it from top to bottom. So it's not a knock on the phone itself as it is on Android Marketplace and Android OS as a whole.

Banned

Another thing that I like to point out is the watch and NFC. People like to say that most Droid device offer that but the are not going to get 99% of the market to adapt to it. Apple has connections to many retail giants and soon NFC will finally be adopted and used properly.

Unlike its competitors who failed to even get retailers and others to adopt to NFC.

Thank Apple for be able to use NFC full time from here on out.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

the OS is better.

Anytime you have an OS designed to work with very specific hardware it's going to run better.

You can do more sh*t with an android, but they are nowhere near as reliable as the iphone. I value reliability over playing nintendo games on my phone.

I've had both. My android sucked balls. Eventually had to replace it when it was a year old.

I'm on my second iphone now, and my 4s worked just as good as the day I bought it. Now i got the 5s. So far, 0 issues.

it's like comparing a camaro to a volvo. The camaro is faster, more power under the hood, can customize it more and very easily, is more flashy, etc., but the volvo is built better and is safer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    the OS is better.

Anytime you have an OS designed to work with very specific hardware it's going to run better.

You can do more sh*t with an android, but they are nowhere near as reliable as the iphone. I value reliability over playing nintendo games on my phone.

I've had both. My android sucked balls. Eventually had to replace it when it was a year old.

I'm on my second iphone now, and my 4s worked just as good as the day I bought it. Now i got the 5s. So far, 0 issues.

it's like comparing a camaro to a volvo. The camaro is faster, more power under the hood, can customize it more and very easily, is more flashy, etc., but the volvo is built better and is safer.
    that comparison makes no sense. what brand of android phone are you comparing to? the big companies using android tailor the os to suit their hardware. I've used shit android phones\tablets that don't work and I've used high end android devices that work perfectly. You can't just lump all android devices together in one comparison.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

To OP... people are sheep.

I use a flip phone and I'm damn happy about it. As a result, I'm not staring while with a group of friends as if I'm a social retard. I also don't ever feel compelled to check Facebook(because I deleted that piece of shit).

The *only* things I miss that having a smartphone brings are that it's a PITA to randomly find out a useful piece of information with google on a flip phone... and movie times.

Other than that... you can all keep your smartphones, especially the overpriced apple pieces of shit, lol.

Banned

This pic is funny.

why is bmw so popular when fords and toyotas look just as good and can do the same thing for half the price?

Very good NBA starter

it's a nice phone that i don't need.

but i think it's funny how some people get so mad about what phone other people choose to buy. or what car they choose to drive. who the hell cares? if they want to buy things that make them happy, it's their choice. people hate for the dumbest reasons.