Default Can someone plz give me the quick 411 on comic book heroes and who comes from what?

I'm starting to get confused. I know names and certain things but can someone please explain some things. Just some spark notes type of basic info

I know there's comic book companies like Marvel, DC, etc.

Then there's superheroes like Superman batman, spiderman, etc.

Then Shazam, Hulk, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Spawn, Thor

Then there's Xmen.

Like wtf? Everytime I hear some new movie about Shazam, it's like some rip off superman or some shit.

I don't get it. Can someone please break it down right quick.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default Re: Can someone plz give me the quick 411 on comic book heroes and who comes from what?

Spiderman, hulk, fantastic four, avengers are marvel properties. So are X-men although they are sort of in their own universe since they are mutants, which doesn't make sense in the mainstream marvel universe.
    Batman, superman, Flash, wonder woman, teen titans etc, are DC characters. Captain Marvel (shazam)was created shortly after Superman. DC sued for copyright infringement due to the similarities between him and Superman and the comic stopped for years until DC owned the property in the early 70's Which they renamed Shazam since marvel copyrighted their own Captain Marvel in the 60's. Shazam was a popular live action kids show from 1974-77.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Default Re: Can someone plz give me the quick 411 on comic book heroes and who comes from what?

Left = Marvel
    Right = DC

DC is full of boring shit. Batman and Superman are their leads... are you kidding? Boring ass characters.

In fact, if Batman didn't have the best villains around, that character would be trash.

Marvel is for kids
    DC is for grown ups.