Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Hey White People: Message by #Ferguson Kids

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Frankly I've stopped having dialogue about racism with whites. End of story. If they have an opinion I listen and nod.
    That's racist.

See, what these uneducated folk don't understand is that you can't get rid of racism by being racist yourself.

MLK Jr said it himself and still to this day people don't get it. More ignorance does not cure ignorance. More hatred and stupidity can not be used to cast out the already present hatred and stupidity.

"Let's make a racist video stereotyping white people as a message to get rid of racism and stereotyping" DAT LOGIC DOE

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I see what you're saying and apologize on bahalf of the black community for what its worth. And you're not lying. I've seen blacks using racial slurs constantly and its no better. I remember actually arguing with a few friends over the term " white boy" I think it derogatory and makes them look just a bad as other people that use racial slurs.

no need to apologize buddy but i appreciate it. i blame the person not the race. there's good and bad everywhere. i've heard asians say some appalling stuff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    That's racist.

See, what these uneducated folk don't understand is that you can't get rid of racism by being racist yourself.

MLK Jr said it himself and still to this day people don't get it. More ignorance does not cure ignorance. More hatred and stupidity can not be used to cast out the already present hatred and stupidity.

"Let's make a racist video stereotyping white people as a message to get rid of racism and stereotyping" DAT LOGIC DOE

Bro, when I had a white chick from Oklahoma try to talk down to me as brown guy about cops profiling and not profiling then I tapped out.

There's just some shit that people can't know. I don't tell women about what pregnancy feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Bro, when I had a white chick from Oklahoma try to talk down to me as brown guy about cops profiling and not profiling then I tapped out.

There's just some shit that people can't know. I don't tell women about what pregnancy feels like.
    But I'm sure your "I don't tell people how to feel" policy suddenly disappears when it comes to whites or cops "feeling" some people are more threatening or suspicious or are more likely to commit crimes than others. Then it suddenly becomes "we're all the same".

You don't like a "white chic" telling a brown man how he feels or experiences things, but strangely, when white people do things, all non-white people seem to have some special ability to know exactly what goes on in white peoples heads and magically know exactly what they do, why they do things and the intentions.

Point being, we all have biases. You pose this "whites don't understand" position you have as some kind of altruistic thing, but let's not act like when a white person agrees with you that you tell them they don't know what they're talking about. They suddenly become one of the whites who gets it. Am I right?

Just be conscious of what you're doing. All it is is a matter of " you don't agree with me, so I need some way of disqualifying you for even being permitted to holding an opinion". Unless they agree with you of course. This whole act of "this group of people's opinions don't count" is only put in use when they disagree with you.

Here's a wild idea. Judge arguments on the merit. Not on the identity of the person who is making the argument.
    Last edited by NumberSix; 09-12-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    But I'm sure your "I don't tell people how to feel" policy suddenly disappears when it comes to whites or cops "feeling" more threatened or suspicious of people who legitimately are statistically more likely to commit crimes than others. Then it suddenly becomes "we're all the same".

Point being, we all have biases. You pose this "whites don't understand" position you have as some kind of altruistic thing, but let's not act like when a white person agrees with you that you tell them they don't know what they're talking about. They suddenly become one of the whites who gets it. Am I right?

Just be conscious of what you're doing. All it is is a matter of " you don't agree with me, so I need some way of disqualifying you for even being permitted to holding an opinion". Unless they agree with you of course. This whole act of "this group of people's opinions don't count" is only put in use when they disagree with you.

Here's a wild idea. Judge arguments on the merit. Not on the identity of the person who is making the argument.
    Hell of a post. Repped.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Hell of a post. Repped.
    I actually edited it. You should quote the edited version.

It's a touchy subject, so I even caught myself phrasing something in a way that made myself cringe when I honestly had the best of intentions. That's why it's often difficult to discuss these topics. Even when using caution, you can accidentally phrase something in a way that just comes off as...... cringe.