Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Hey White People: Message by #Ferguson Kids

I feel sorry for the little children in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    yeah I know. It's not like their President is black or anything.
    What does the fact that someone was able to overcome a racist culture have to do with anything? Of course there will be successes, just less successes from oppressed minorities since they typically have to grind harder to get to that level. Do you have trouble comprehending this or are you just acting retarded?

I don't see a problem with the video. It is possible to grow up educated about the implications of race in America without using it as an excuse to become a failure. If I were black I would be teaching my kids this shit so that they had an idea of the obstacles they will probably face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I don't see a problem with the video. It is possible to grow up educated about the implications of race in America without using it as an excuse to become a failure. If I were black I would be teaching my kids this shit so that they had an idea of the obstacles they will probably face.
    Really? Teach your kids about racism, don't teach your kids to be racists themselves like in the video.

What was wrong with the video?

Should blacks accept being frisked at an 85% clip to a whites 8%? Its ok to not even give a person an interview based on whether or not they have an "ethnic" name? That's what they want to cease.

I'm a black man. You're damn right I've taught my kids that they have to work harder to succed in our society. You want blacks to stop complaining? Stop giving us stuff to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls

Should blacks accept being frisked at an 85% clip to a whites 8%? Its ok to not even give a person an interview based on whether or not they have an "ethnic" name? That's what they want to cease.

I'm a black man. You're damn right I've taught my kids that they have to work harder to succed in our society. You want blacks to stop complaining? Stop giving us stuff to complain about.
    they're grouping in all whites man .. .. not to mention they're using impressionable children .. who are being indoctrinated to be resentful and wary of white folks and see themselves as 'victims' .. that's terrible ..

how about I make a video addressing all blacks and 'playfully' rant about black on white crime ? .. you down ?

Made that high school varsity squad

This a perfect video for every black kid in america. You have teach kids to work hard but you will face racist whites america and you have to ready for that. whites have been most racist in american history from the past to the present. Video does not say all whites are racist but that blacks still face racism and they will have face racism from whites. All black parents teach their kids this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisGW
    This a perfect video for every black kid in america

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    What does the fact that someone was able to overcome a racist culture have to do with anything? Of course there will be successes, just less successes from oppressed minorities since they typically have to grind harder to get to that level. Do you have trouble comprehending this or are you just acting retarded?
    I would agree with you if they pointed out a black man is the head of a huge corporation.

Obama is president of the united states of america.
    The POTUS of america is elected via the electoral college system.
    To oversimplify each state has a popular election and the when of the popular election in that state gets 100% of that states electoral votes. ( I think there is 2 states that distribute the electoral votes on a pro rata basis).

Basically America has a popular election basis, in all of our history the man who became president had the majority of the popular vote all but twice. (and both those exceptions had almost 50%)

Black people are only 12.7% of the general population. it is impossible to become president with only black support.

Many millions non-blacks had to basically agree that a black man would be their superior/leader and be able to enforce laws upon them, including ordering them into combat.

it says a lot about the reduction in racism (not saying its gone) that a black man was elected president.

Being president (like all elected positions) is not about being qualified or successful, its about being popular Eg. George W. Bush, Gerald Ford, Taft, sarah palin, rick perry, etc. The presidency is the only nationwide election in america. The fact that a black man won, greatly hinders the narrative of america being overall racist.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 09-12-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Stop blaming the white man and demanding reparations from the US government!
    Who the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck is demanding reparations?

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Really? Teach your kids about racism, don't teach your kids to be racists themselves like in the video.
    Obviously I would alter the emotional undercurrent of the message and the tone but the facts that they discussed is something that would be important for them to know.

So what exactly do you disagree with Mavs? You can be racist and still vote for Obama.

I had a long argument with people over this last night. I guess being white is awesome (which is racist for white people to say) as I have all the privilege in the world. Like in this video, all white people talk like Paris Hilton. I guess it sucks to be everyone else, but I'm not going to feel guilty for it. I don't do anything to anyone, and I didn't even grow up with white people. My family was not here during slavery. South FL is a different place than other places in America. It's very diverse and schools down here are 50/50 white and black. I've been a minority myself in many places where I've lived. So this notion that I grew up in a gated white community full of white people living in a suburb (you know the image I'm referring to), and I have no understanding of anyone else, is ignorant.

And I don't mean I understand what it means to be black. I mean I'm not this ignorant white person that this video is grouping me in.
    Last edited by DaSeba5; 09-12-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls

Let's say another organisation releases a video featuring a couple of white kids targeted at all black people, with these kids making complete fun and a joke out of very reasonable arguments black people stereotypically make about race?

Don't tell me that wouldn't be the outrage of the year.

The message in the video is racist flat out. And the kids in these video, and I'm assuming many black children throughout the US, are essentially indoctrinated with the idea that all white people who have an opinion and perspective that deviates from their parent's point of view in any way is completely full of shit and can be dismissed with no regard whatsoever. This is a way with which black people keep their own community down, honestly.
    Last edited by LJJ; 09-12-2014 at 01:55 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    So what exactly do you disagree with Mavs? You can be racist and still vote for Obama.
    THat is what I disagree with.

No racist person would ever vote for a black man to be president, other than a black racist who obviously would be voting for their race.

All white racists would have voted against obama. Not saying people who voted against obama are racists, as there is plenty of non-racial reasons to vote against obama, but all white racists would have voted against obama.

The president is the most powerful single person in america (and because of america's power on a global scale, the most powerful single person in the world). and it is chosen by the votes of citizens.

By voting for a man to be president, you are giving him control of your life (ability to send you into combat, the vast majority of american military actions occur without congressional approval), judge your innocence (presidents have absolute pardoning and commuting powers), strongly affecting legislation (presidents have veto powers) and enforcing all current laws/choosing his cabinet to enforce existing laws.

And most of all affecting your finances. Presidents select fed reserve chairmans who set your interest rates and they control the IRS.

you would have to be insane to be racist against black people and vote a black man into the presidency. I feel very comfortable in saying not a single person who voted for obama is racist against black people.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 09-12-2014 at 02:04 PM.