Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Enormous Pressure Now Mounting On Mayweather To Finally Face Pacquiao

Quote Originally Posted by yungtyrekeevans
    bruh, you racist?

always hatin on the blacks bruh. mayweather aint lost shit bruh. if we talkin bout loses, then pac aint won a damn fight against marquez. dude had to knock his ass out to finally get the proper W. errybody else know the deal doe. marquez is 4-0 against pacman. true boxin fans agree everywhere bruh.
    Reading your posts makes my head hurt. Good luck in life if you talk like this in the real world.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Enormous Pressure Now Mounting On Mayweather To Finally Face Pacquiao

mayweather and his fans are such gay ducking fgts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
    I think floyd would win, but u can just read your post and tell that you don't know about boxing. knock it off
    I can just read your post and tell that you don't know about the internet. knock it off.

NBA rookie of the year

After last weekend's fight, Floyd's next PPV event will certainly drop in sales.

He HAS to select a big name opponent. Fans (and casual) are growing tiresome.

Now? Now that both are shells of their former selves? This was a hot topic back in 2009/2010. Floyd beats Manny now and y'all will just say "ehh, Manny's not great anymore, Floyd still ducked him".

It's really not a win situation for Mayweather because Manny's side wasn't willing to fight unless the deal was like 50/50, which basically means that Floyd would get less money for fightin him than fighting some lesser known fighter, where Floyd pockets 90% or whatever.

Floyd only has a certain amount of fights left in his deal and he's looking to retire after next year. Unless Manny's side gives in and Floyd gets the majority of the cash flow (as he should), this fight will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    After last weekend's fight, Floyd's next PPV event will certainly drop in sales.

He HAS to select a big name opponent. Fans (and casual) are growing tiresome.

Why? He makes more money even if he fights a lesser known fighter because he cops a higher %. People will still tune in to watch him win/lose. There's not much else going on in the boxing world right now and there aren't any big stars other than Floyd in his weight class IMO. Only hope would be to fight B-hop at 160, but I don't see Floyd getting up to that weight at this stage in his career, he already look a lot slower at his current weight.

Manny is the biggest name out there so he should go for it, I'm actually sure his side has tried to make a deal more than a few times because of the revenue it would have generated, but both sides have had too much ego in the past to make a deal, so I don't see this happening. Floyd will most likely beat a couple more younger guys and retire.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 09-16-2014 at 01:19 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Now? Now that both are shells of their former selves? This was a hot topic back in 2009/2010. Floyd beats Manny now and y'all will just say "ehh, Manny's not great anymore, Floyd still ducked him".

It's really not a win situation for Mayweather because Manny's side wasn't willing to fight unless the deal was like 50/50, which basically means that Floyd would get less money for fightin him than fighting some lesser known fighter, where Floyd pockets 90% or whatever.

Floyd only has a certain amount of fights left in his deal and he's looking to retire after next year. Unless Manny's side gives in and Floyd gets the majority of the cash flow (as he should), this fight will never happen.

Why? He makes more money even if he fights a lesser known fighter because he cops a higher %. People will still tune in to watch him win/lose. There's not much else going on in the boxing world right now and there aren't any big stars other than Floyd in his weight class IMO. Only hope would be to fight B-hop at 160, but I don't see Floyd getting up to that weight at this stage in his career, he already look a lot slower at his current weight.

Manny is the biggest name out there so he should go for it, I'm actually sure his side has tried to make a deal more than a few times because of the revenue it would have generated, but both sides have had too much ego in the past to make a deal, so I don't see this happening. Floyd will most likely beat a couple more younger guys and retire.

that excuse would go both ways. if Manny beat Floyd, Mayweather fans would say Floyd was slowing down, Manny would never have beat a prime Floyd. either way Floyd is too much of a ducker to risk his undefeated record he holds so dear. he'll always be criticized as the dude that ducked competition for anyone alive in this era, no matter how much idiots want to call him great.

i swear i'd just love to see Floyd fight someone without boxing rules. even a World Star hiphop of Floyd fighting some random dude without referee breaks and score cards i'd be cool with. i swear in a real fight he's nowhere near what his fans hype him up as, only in artificial judging score card fighting

Mayweather and Pac are still the best guys fighting between 140 and 154.

May is no question the number one and Pac is number 2. People would still pay to see the fight. Pac may have gotten knocked out a few years back, but people still want to see this fight happen.

It might be 5 years too late, but with them still the 2 best in their weight range, so what. They are both getting old and slowing down, so it's an even playing field.

Current Pacquiao is still a much better boxer than flatfooted Maidana. I hope they fight next year. Pacquiao is also going to retire in 2016.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Current Pacquiao is still a much better boxer than flatfooted Maidana. I hope they fight next year. Pacquiao is also going to retire in 2016.
    To be perfectly honest, I'm shocked at maidana fight record considering how one dimensional he is (power). His footwork is awful

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    To be perfectly honest, I'm shocked at maidana fight record considering how one dimensional he is (power). His footwork is awful

That's your argentinian style of boxing.