Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Banned

Default Re: The Kurds are the answer to the Middle East

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    You can't be ****ing serious: the oppression of the Kurds has been far more brutal and far more decimating than the oppression of Palestinians.
    Extremists are unable to see things in shades of gray. All they see is black and white. It is a very dangerous way of thinking, that causes most of the world's problems.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Why do the kurds not deserve a country?

If they had a country, why do you think they should be forced to give up arms?
    I really don't give a shit if they 'deserve' a country or not...all i'm saying is it's funny seeing all these people act like the Kurdish PKK and Peshmergha are these modern democratic organisations...As always the US are just using them to put down the monster it created. Now will the Kurds get their reward in an independent state, I don't think that's for the US to decide esp if Obama is still in the white house, after this ISIS bullshit is done tensions will be high in the area.

Also since the co-operation of the CIA with the Turks in capturing of their terrorist hero Abdullah Ocalan, the US started funding them and showed them logistic support which helped in their expansion...so don't think they won't **** you over if they get big and powerful enough cause you ****ed over the Kurds for a long time.

now tell me why do you think they so much deserve their independent state? Just because you think they'll be buddy's with the Israelis?

I hope you do know that the PKK has been in tight relations with the PLO since 1978. They go to the same training camps, the PLO even actively recruits and sends soldiers over to the PKK. They are a brotherhood organization.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    You can't be ****ing serious: the oppression of the Kurds has been far more brutal and far more decimating than the oppression of Palestinians.
    that's bullshit after the saddam years they've been living in peace while the Palestinians are getting bombarded heavily every 2-3 years.

they have an autonomous region since 1991 that no one cares to invade or blockade what the **** are you even talking about? halabja killings 1988? that's a long time ago my friend.

I've been following the Kurdish problem for years now you sound like you don't know shit about the issue just stfu.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    I really don't give a shit if they 'deserve' a country or not...all i'm saying is it's funny seeing all these people act like the Kurdish PKK and Peshmergha are these modern democratic organisations...As always the US are just using them to put down the monster it created. Now will the Kurds get their reward in an independent state, I don't think that's for the US to decide esp if Obama is still in the white house, after this ISIS bullshit is done tensions will be high in the area.

Also since the co-operation of the CIA with the Turks in capturing of their terrorist hero Abdullah Ocalan, the US started funding them and showed them logistic support which helped in their expansion...so don't think they won't **** you over if they get big and powerful enough cause you ****ed over the Kurds for a long time.

now tell me why do you think they so much deserve their independent state? Just because you think they'll be buddy's with the Israelis?

I hope you do know that the PKK has been in tight relations with the PLO since 1978. They go to the same training camps, the PLO even actively recruits and sends soldiers over to the PKK. They are a brotherhood organization.
    Compared to Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Syria and Afghanistan, the Kurds are democratic, progressive and not extremists.

Don't forget, a high level Turkish government official recently encouraged women to not laugh or smile because it was unladylike

The Kurds are the only people in the region who don't want to live in a backwards society.

Banned

that's bullshit after the saddam years they've been living in peace while the Palestinians are getting bombarded heavily every 2-3 years.

they have an autonomous region since 1991 that no one cares to invade or blockade what the **** are you even talking about? halabja killings 1988? that's a long time ago my friend.

I've been following the Kurdish problem for years now you sound like you don't know shit about the issue just stfu.
    You sound like some one who irrationally hates Kurds. What have they ever done to you?

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    1. only during the early Islamic caliphates did Arabs control the area we call the Palestinian mandate.
    What is your point? Because it was part of the Ottoman empire, the people who lived there for thousands of years have no claim to their land? When the British took control of the region, it was moral for them do whatever they wanted with it, because the Palestinians didn't have prior autonomy?

Jews were the original peoples on that land.
    Jews, and Palestinians are both descended from ancient NW Semitic peoples.

The romans conquered the jews and eventually as a punishment for their rebellions forced the jews to leave via military force.
    The roman empire split and the eastern half became called the byzantine empire. They controlled that area.
    Many Jews, Samaritans, some Greeks (or Hellenized natives), and Syrians/Phoenicians/Arameans still lived in the area after the siege of Jerusalem, and the destruction of the temple.

When the Arabs took control of the region from the Byzantines, it was largely populated by Aramaic speaking Christians. After the Byzantines were defeated, Jews were allowed to return to the city of Jerusalem. Christians and Jews in the region quickly adopted the Arabic language, probably for economic reasons. Over the centuries, most of them converted to Islam, and began to identify as Arab. The same thing happened in the rest of the Middle East, and North Africa.

It was further divided so that the jews only got 55% of the remaining 23% and arabs got 45%.

Jews got screwed over and still accepted it for peace. Arabs wanted to commit genocide and kill all the jews but were too militarily weak
    The Israelis got screwed over, when they were given 56% of Palestine? Land in which 400,000 Palestinians resided?

The 1948 wasn't a war to ethnically cleanse the Jews, or at least not any more than it was a war to prevent the ethnic cleansing of those 400,000 Palestinians. There was conflict between the Jewish immigrants, and the Palestinians for at least 20 years before the 1948 war. Jews committed terrorist attacks, against both the Palestinians, and the British. Palestinians did the same to the Jews.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Compared to Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Syria and Afghanistan, the Kurds are democratic, progressive and not extremists.

Don't forget, a high level Turkish government official recently encouraged women to not laugh or smile because it was unladylike

The Kurds are the only people in the region who don't want to live in a backwards society.
    yeah the current administration in Turkey is borderline retarded, I agree for once.

Also I don't irrationally hate Kurds, I'm against the idea of a US & Israel controlled Kurdistan.

Banned

yeah the current administration in Turkey is borderline retarded, I agree for once.

Also I don't irrationally hate Kurds, I'm against the idea of a US & Israel controlled Kurdistan.
    It'd be Kurdish controlled Kurdistan with US backing and Israel as a local ally.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    What is your point? Because it was part of the Ottoman empire, the people who lived there for thousands of years have no claim to their land? When the British took control of the region, it was moral for them do whatever they wanted with it, because the Palestinians didn't have prior autonomy?

Jews, and Palestinians are both descended from ancient NW Semitic peoples.

Many Jews, Samaritans, some Greeks (or Hellenized natives), and Syrians/Phoenicians/Arameans still lived in the area after the siege of Jerusalem, and the destruction of the temple.

When the Arabs took control of the region from the Byzantines, it was largely populated by Aramaic speaking Christians. After the Byzantines were defeated, Jews were allowed to return to the city of Jerusalem. Christians and Jews in the region quickly adopted the Arabic language, probably for economic reasons. Over the centuries, most of them converted to Islam, and began to identify as Arab. The same thing happened in the rest of the Middle East, and North Africa.

The Israelis got screwed over, when they were given 56% of Palestine? Land in which 400,000 Palestinians resided?

The 1948 wasn't a war to ethnically cleanse the Jews, or at least not any more than it was a war to prevent the ethnic cleansing of those 400,000 Palestinians. There was conflict between the Jewish immigrants, and the Palestinians for at least 20 years before the 1948 war. Jews committed terrorist attacks, against both the Palestinians, and the British. Palestinians did the same to the Jews.
    What about the Bedouins breh? They were there BEFORE the Palestinians. The Palestinians are illegal settlers on Bedouin land