Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Faces of Mormonism

Here is a journalistic pictorial collage that I put together. Some say it is art and some say I am promoting Mormonism.

Thus ends my artistic photo montage. This is Faces of Mormonism. Thank you.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Faces of Mormonism

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young

Thus ends my artistic photo montage. This is Faces of Mormonism. Thank you.
    these 3 are mormons?

seriously though as an atheist i super respect mormons. Unlike protestants and cathloics these people actually seem to live by the family values they preach.

Eg. i know a catholic dude, wears a cross every single day, talks about God and family constantly. Cheats on his wife at every chance.

Banned

I lived near SLC for awhile. I think mormon beliefs are weird, but also they all seemed like genuinely friendly and happy people. Never been to a city where everyone seemed so happy and friendly. And it was really really clean too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    these 3 are mormons?

seriously though as an atheist i super respect mormons. Unlike protestants and cathloics these people actually seem to live by the family values they preach.

Eg. i know a catholic dude, wears a cross every single day, talks about God and family constantly. Cheats on his wife at every chance.
    So that one friend in your mind is representing a whole religion?

rank sentamentalist

lol

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    So that one friend in your mind is representing a whole religion?
    No, he is just the most extreme example. I know tons of protestants of all denominations and Catholics who talk about family values and cheat on their spouses.

Most christians in my experience violate their religion consistently. Which I wouldnt hold against them, if they didnt use family values to oppress others.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 09-18-2014 at 05:30 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

I lived near SLC for awhile. I think mormon beliefs are weird, but also they all seemed like genuinely friendly and happy people. Never been to a city where everyone seemed so happy and friendly. And it was really really clean too.
    Mormons have the stupidest beliefs. Eg. other planets, kolab or somthing, I could be wrong but dont they believe god lives on another planet? and when good mormons die they get a planet?

White native americans,

the garden of Eden being in Missouri I believe

magic plates that only joesph smith could read, etc.

But at least they live by their values. Eg. happy close knit families (from what I have seen)

Also mainstream Christianity has lots of stupid stuff too, Turning into a pillar of salt, making a women out of the rib of a man, talking snakes, people living for hundreds of years, virgin births, etc.

Banned

Mormons have the stupidest beliefs. Eg. other planets, kolab or somthing, I could be wrong but dont they believe god lives on another planet? and when good mormons die they get a planet?

White native americans,

But at least they live by their values. Eg. happy close knit families (from what I have seen)

Also mainstream Christianity has lots of stupid stuff too, Turning into a pillar of salt, making a women out of the rib of a man, talking snakes, people living for hundreds of years, virgin births, etc.
    Yeah they believe a lot of retarded things, they have some of the most retarded belief sets, all I'm saying is the people for the most part seemed genuinely friendly and happy. Maybe that's just Utah people though, and had nothing to do with religion.

NBA rookie of the year

Yeah they believe a lot of retarded things, they have some of the most retarded belief sets, all I'm saying is the people for the most part seemed genuinely friendly and happy. Maybe that's just Utah people though, and had nothing to do with religion.
    No, in my experience I have never met an unpleasant mormon. Stupid beliefs, but great people

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

these 3 are mormons?

living in utah, I can tell you that there is just as big a range in LDS as any other religion. Many of them are huge hypocrites. Many of them cut non-mormons out of any aspect of their local community, etc.

Also, those three chicks are clearly not practicing mormons. No mormon woman would wear those tops.

Mormons creep me out.

The only group of people I generally just dislike on the merits on their race/religion.

I'm sure I could befriend a cool Mormon, never met one though.

White native americans,

I would say that the main difference is that mainstream christianity has had 2000 years to wash the stench of bullshit off their childish stories.

and yes, the book of mormon and the book of abraham are full of ridiculous nonsense. Someone trying to start that faith today would probably end up in an institution. He was a charlatan, con man. He "translated" egyptian scrolls because he knew no one could prove him wrong. and then they discovered the rosetta stone. He used seer stones in his hat to read the gold plates.

And its not just one planet, its a planet for every wife. The Native American stuff has also been completely disproven.

No, in my experience I have never met an unpleasant mormon. Stupid beliefs, but great people
    that is because you dont live here and they are maintaining a false front so they can recruit you.

We went through it as well. First week we moved, a local bishop (there are about 10) and his family brought us cookies and invited us to an icecream social. once it became apparent that we werent going to convert, they shunned us. They wont even acknowledge you if you walk by them on the street. I dont really care, but it makes for a crazy dynamic in the schools.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

So he's a sinner. Just like all of us. Doesn't say anything about all the other Catholics throughout the world.

Cult members