Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Pacquaio has a better shot at beating Mayweather NOW than several years ago.

Gayweather always has too many excuses everytime Pac ask him to fight.. His only concern right is his records which is why he his too afraid fight even Gay Sr. also knows that

Default Re: Pacquaio has a better shot at beating Mayweather NOW than several years ago.

I still want to see this fight happen next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I still want to see this fight happen next year.
    I think the pressure is on Mayweather's shoulders to get a fight that will sell. Especially with Canelo wanting to fight on Cinco de Mayo weekend. With rumors of the fight being against Cotto, that will sell better than any Mayweather fight not being Pacquiao.

If Canelo-Cotto is the Cinco De Mayo fight next year, I don't think Mayweather fights in May. There were already mentions about him passing on that date this time around.

I don't think cable companies allow 2 boxing PPVs in one night.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

not happening, gotta think about long term health bruh

Cotto/Canelo does less than Pac/Bradley II. That was 750,000 to 800,000. I'd be surprised if it does between 500 and 600.

Canelo/Angulo and Nelo/Lara got about 300,000 to 350,000 buys. Cotto/Sergio got about 350,000. You think that's enough to knock Mayweather out of the Cinco De Mayo weekend? When both Maidana fights did better than 900,000?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Cotto/Canelo does less than Pac/Bradley II. That was 750,000 to 800,000. I'd be surprised if it does between 500 and 600.

Canelo/Angulo and Nelo/Lara got about 300,000 to 350,000 buys. Cotto/Sergio got about 350,000. You think that's enough to knock Mayweather out of the Cinco De Mayo weekend? When both Maidana fights did better than 900,000?
    Yes it would. More Cotto/Canelo buys = less buys for May weather.

The primary reason Floyd fights (usually against a Hispanic)on Cince De Mayo weekend is to attract a large Hispanic buyer base. No way they pay to see Floyd over Cotto/Canelo.

Plus, fans (of any ethnicity) are at the point where they would rather see any competitive fight and say to hell with Floyd.

This last performance of his turned a lot of people off whether you want to believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    Yes it would. More Cotto/Canelo buys = less buys for May weather.

The primary reason Floyd fights (usually against a Hispanic)on Cince De Mayo weekend is to attract a large Hispanic buyer base. No way they pay to see Floyd over Cotto/Canelo.

Plus, fans (of any ethnicity) are at the point where they would rather see any competitive fight and say to hell with Floyd.

This last performance of his turned a lot of people off whether you want to believe it or not.
    He has two fights left, that will still do above 750,000 to 800,000 no matter who he fights. That's not a huge problem for him. And they have been saying the same about Mayweather for how long?

This past fight did better than the first one. If he fights Danny Garcia or someone like that, it does over one million.

Rooting for Pacquiao, but I still wouldn't bet against Mayweather.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Mayweather Sr. Just before the Pacquiao-Cotto fight:"All he [Pacquiao] got to do is sign TUH-DAY... and it'll be on tomorrow"

Mayweather Sr. at the Pacquiao-Cotto Post Fight Conference: "I don't want my son to fight him"

Obviously something changed his mind in between the pre fight and the post fight and it's been one ridiculous excuse after the other to avoid the fight since then. I think the latest is Pac has to join TMT or no fight.

Mayweather Sr had no saying on who Floyd Jr decided to fight during that time though... Roger was the main trainer and Floyd was in a cold war with his dad. That was also around the time that Floyd Sr said he thought De La Hoya won his fight against Money May if im not mistaken.

I can find you numerous recent links of Floyd Sr saying his son would whoop Pacquiao's ass if they were to fight. You cant really use his quotes to help your argument

Banned

Manny could or would have beat Mayweather then, and can and will beat him now.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Manny could or would have beat Mayweather then, and can and will beat him now.
    Manny had 4 tough fights with Marquez and got KTFO in their last one. How is he gonna beat Floyd if Mayweather is a bigger, faster and more skilled counter puncher than Marquez, along with a better defense?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Manny had 4 tough fights with Marquez and got KTFO in their last one. How is he gonna beat Floyd if Mayweather is a bigger, faster and more skilled counter puncher than Marquez, along with a better defense?
    Well he won in 3 of them (I still don't understand how the first was a draw) and he destroyed all the guys Mayweather beat on decision. Also Mayweather lost to Castillo the first time and the 2nd bout was a draw.

Manny has beat the tougher opponents and without needing to place restrictions on them like Mayweather. Bradley is probably better than anyone Mayweather has ever beat, and Manny beat him twice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Mayweather Sr had no saying on who Floyd Jr decided to fight during that time though... Roger was the main trainer and Floyd was in a cold war with his dad. That was also around the time that Floyd Sr said he thought De La Hoya won his fight against Money May if im not mistaken.

I can find you numerous recent links of Floyd Sr saying his son would whoop Pacquiao's ass if they were to fight. You cant really use his quotes to help your argument
    Floyd Sr was the one who started the whole Pacquiao's on the super soldier serum nonsense that Jr. used to avoid the fight so he clearly affected his son's thinking about the matchup. When the guy who taught you everything you know, your own father, says things like 'I fear for my son's life if he fights [Pacquiao]'... obviously that's going to affect you psychologically. And that's exactly what happened.

And if that last part is true, then there should be no impediment to the fight now. Manny is openly calling him out, Bob Arum just announced that HBO and Showtime struck a deal to co-distribute the fight (Tyson-Lewis style), and Showtime has been pressuring Floyd to agree to the fight since the moment his sparring rematch with Maidana was over.

But Floyd now says he'll only fight Manny if he signs with his third rate promotional company. Just another in a long line of ways he's found to say 'thanks, but no thanks'

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Floyd Sr was the one who started the whole Pacquiao's on the super soldier serum nonsense that Jr. used to avoid the fight so he clearly affected his son's thinking about the matchup. When the guy who taught you everything you know, your own father, says things like 'I fear for my son's life if he fights [Pacquiao]'... obviously that's going to affect you psychologically. And that's exactly what happened.

And if that last part is true, then there should be no impediment to the fight now. Manny is openly calling him out, Bob Arum just announced that HBO and Showtime struck a deal to co-distribute the fight (Tyson-Lewis style), and Showtime has been pressuring Floyd to agree to the fight since the moment his sparring rematch with Maidana was over.

But Floyd now says he'll only fight Manny if he signs with his third rate promotional company. Just another in a long line of ways he's found to say 'thanks, but no thanks'
    Floyd said he wants his company to promote the fight not Too Rank.