Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Love Live Life

Default Explain "Lost" to me please

Show was good but the whole time watching I'm like They never explained shit and when they do it opens a bigger box of questions.

If you know what happen/going on please explain it to me.

Default Re: Explain "Lost" to me please

Sure.

The island was real. They survived the crash. They all died on the island. The flash sideways was PURGATORY. It was a place where the dead would meet back up with people that meant the most to them during there life so they can move on with them. The final scene is them entering the gates of heaven. Together. The mystery of the island is an "absolute", it just IS, it's never explained.

p.s.

They made shit up as they went. The show FAILED to deliver the goods with that copout ending. It could have been a top 5 GOAT show, but it's lucky to crack top 10. Lastly, Desmond was the fukin MAN.

To me, Lost was just one big TV experiment to see how long people could tolerate a shit character as long as she's hot. I got through 4 seasons of Kate before I had to take a break, went back and finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    To me, Lost was just one big TV experiment to see how long people could tolerate a shit character as long as she's hot. I got through 4 seasons of Kate before I had to take a break, went back and finished it.
    I just wish Lost went the true sci-fi route and really involved scientific theory/mystery of the universe type of shit, but they turned it into a character drama with the hope that enough fans were sobbing at the end to forget that they ending was a complete copout.

The only exception would be Desmond getting on the phone was Penny. That was damn near perfect television

Watched the entire shit besides the last episode. What kind of shit is that, who does that lol. Need to finish that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94

Worst part about LOST is what they did to Locke's character.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Even if people didnt like the ending, the show did in fact explain everything. They addressed pretty much every little 'mystery' and to find the answers all you had to do is pay close attention. Its all there. The show was supernatural from the very first season. I dont see how people didnt see it going there, when from the start you had polar bears in the island, the smoke monster, and people appearing that are known to be dead. People just were in denial hoping for this fantasy ending that wouldnt be scifi/fantasy. The ending was adequate, explained everything and addressed all the 'fantasy & supernatural' things that had been displayed from the very start..
    The problem was that the people writing it basically hinted strongly (practically flat out said) there was no purgatory and things were real and then that's exactly what they did. So when it ended, it was exactly what they said it wasn't going to be.

This show was such a tease. In the beginning it really seemed like it was going to be one of the greatest pieces of mystery fiction ever. It took me well into the second season until I figured out the writers didn't really have any resolutions to the storylines they made. Then I stopped watching.

The show is written the way a soap opera is written. Their main focus is providing that cliff hanger itch, and they do a good job at that. But they never satisfy that itch, because they had no idea about what the story was.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    This show was such a tease. In the beginning it really seemed like it was going to be one of the greatest pieces of mystery fiction ever. It took me well into the second season until I figured out the writers didn't really have any resolutions to the storylines they made. Then I stopped watching.

The show is written the way a soap opera is written. Their main focus is providing that cliff hanger itch, and they do a good job at that. But they never satisfy that itch, because they had no idea about what the story was.
    Did you ever watch BSG? I know a lot of people felt the same way about that show.. Similar to your feelings on LOST.

I definitely understand that part of it. People ended up disappointed and justifiably let down. I was at first puzzled that it ended up as purgatory but I quickly just let that shit go. I was in the group of people that enjoyed it as a character story/show and was cool with just getting an emotive ending. I tend to like that kind of thing, which is why I love the Leftovers and everyone else hates it with a passion.
    The Leftovers has potential though. You know why? It's running out of source material. The "we will never explain any mysteries" is a limitation of the source material. Which is almost gone...

should have ended with the 3rd season.. after that it was way too much sci-fi and fantasy.. lots of non-sense really.. i still enjoyed it though.. was way too much into the show and the characters

1st season was absolutely spectacular though.. probably the greatest tv show season ever

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    should have ended with the 3rd season.. after that it was way too much sci-fi and fantasy.. lots of non-sense really.. i still enjoyed it though.. was way too much into the show and the characters

1st season was absolutely spectacular though.. probably the greatest tv show season ever
    To me they milked it

I was thinking exactly that.. Most problems with the first season was that they didn't want to deviate at all from the book. So for better or worse there was only one way it could go. Like when people would ask what about people that made profit or were happy with the event.. The first season was too busy addressing the books timeline to show other people or situations. That's over with now and Cuse can't now get creative and add layers and a new spin on the concept.
    I stopped watching it because i'm not watching it if its not continuing to next year, and if they aren't resolving anything. Because the writing on the show is hinting at resolving things, which is ridiculous if they are not.

If they are going to year 2, continuing the story, will reveal things, I will jump back in and this easily will be a go to show.

We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I stopped watching it because i'm not watching it if its not continuing to next year, and if they aren't resolving anything. Because the writing on the show is hinting at resolving things, which is ridiculous if they are not.

If they are going to year 2, continuing the story, will reveal things, I will jump back in and this easily will be a go to show.

We will see.
    Yeah, Leftovers is definitely a "fool me once, shame on you..fool me twice, shame on me" since LOST didn't end great...but I'm watching it anyway. I like it, fully aware that the "mysteries" of what happened will probably not be resolved....

As for LOST, it WASN'T purgatory. Everything on the island was real and happened, and they were very much alive.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niko

We will see.
    Well the first season finale ties up the all of the storylines well. Also season two has already been ordered. There will be at least 10 more episodes at least. Even if it doesn't do well it could be extended like HBO did with Treme.