Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Explain "Lost" to me please

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Yeah, Leftovers is definitely a "fool me once, shame on you..fool me twice, shame on me" since LOST didn't end great...but I'm watching it anyway. I like it, fully aware that the "mysteries" of what happened will probably not be resolved....

As for LOST, it WASN'T purgatory. Everything on the island was real and happened, and they were very much alive.
    Purgatory wasn't the island, it was the sideways timeline. We're they were waiting to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Well the first season finale ties up the all of the storylines well. Also season two has already been ordered. There will be at least 10 more episodes at least. Even if it doesn't do well it could be extended like HBO did with Treme.
    Ill check out the tone and what you people say when season 2 rolls around and make my decision them. The beauty of TV now is you don't need to watch it when it airs all the time.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    To me, Lost was just one big TV experiment to see how long people could tolerate a shit character as long as she's hot. I got through 4 seasons of Kate before I had to take a break, went back and finished it.
    Kate was dumb to me. Like her character went from useful/badass to completely useless dumb bitch.

She always got caught and forced Sawyer and Jack to surrender.

I liked Anna Luceya and Sun.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Sure.

The island was real. They survived the crash. They all died on the island. The flash sideways was PURGATORY. It was a place where the dead would meet back up with people that meant the most to them during there life so they can move on with them. The final scene is them entering the gates of heaven. Together. The mystery of the island is an "absolute", it just IS, it's never explained.

p.s.

They made shit up as they went. The show FAILED to deliver the goods with that copout ending. It could have been a top 5 GOAT show, but it's lucky to crack top 10. Lastly, Desmond was the fukin MAN.

Even if people didnt like the ending, the show did in fact explain everything. They addressed pretty much every little 'mystery' and to find the answers all you had to do is pay close attention. Its all there. The show was supernatural from the very first season. I dont see how people didnt see it going there, when from the start you had polar bears in the island, the smoke monster, and people appearing that are known to be dead. People just were in denial hoping for this fantasy ending that wouldnt be scifi/fantasy. The ending was adequate, explained everything and addressed all the 'fantasy & supernatural' things that had been displayed from the very start..
    This.

About 98% of all the mysteries were explained.

It was never 'purgatory' as some want people to believe. No matter how many times people have explained it, it wasn't that.

Everything on the island did happen.

Everything off the island happened as well.

It wasn't a perfect show, but it was an overall great 'experience'. The best most funnest show I've ever watched (not the best).

Love Live Life

If everything happened then what was up with the bizarro world/timeline?

Why Jack helped the Smoke monster destroy the island?

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HWECQa23Cs lost explained in 3 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    This.

About 98% of all the mysteries were explained.

It was never 'purgatory' as some want people to believe. No matter how many times people have explained it, it wasn't that.

Everything on the island did happen.

Everything off the island happened as well.

It wasn't a perfect show, but it was an overall great 'experience'. The best most funnest show I've ever watched (not the best).
    Yes it was purgatory. I challenge you to explain how it's not.

lol at you being impressed with Lost's final season.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 09-19-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    It's a show that had a lot of promise, then quickly became obvious the creators and writers had no f*cking clue what they were doing.
    This. Classic case of NOT having the end game planned out. It's why Breaking Bad's finale season elevated the show, whereas Lost's was shit i.e. Jacob's backstory should have been the Ozymandias episode for Lost.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 09-19-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Yes it was purgatory. I challenge you to explain how it's not.

lol at you being impressed with Lost's final season.
    It's not purgatory because anybody that actually saw the show knows this?

It was explained a million times for starters. And again, anybody that saw the show would tell you it wasn't purgatory.

People left the island.

Those that stayed stayed.

What happened in the island and off it, happened.

Not that hard to comprehend.

I also never stated that I was "impressed" with their final season. I agree with most viewer's reactions that it was rushed and clumsy.

Oh... the Lost writers did have an 'end game'. They knew exactly what the ending of the show would be, they knew exactly what the show was gonna be about. But as anybody that's actually written anything will tell you, at times you deviate. This happens with any show, specially with a show such as Lost where there's so much going on. They writers and show runners have explained their mistakes, but nonetheless considering this type of show and what they accomplished it was a great achievement.

Easily one of the top 3 sci fi shows of all time.

Did you even see it? Lol

Yeah, did you?

I CHALLENGE you to debate me on this.

Aside from the flash forward being a metaphor for purgatory. The finale season's writing was lazy, fell flat, and was not as ambitious as what they set out to do from the get go . The writers simply got in a room and could not think of anything to really push the envelope and that's evident with Jacob's backstory. There were two types of Lost viewers, the ones who wanted got on the ride and wanted the finale to take the show to the next level and solidify it's place in TV history as a classic, versus the ones satisfied with what they got as long as it technically closed all story arcs. I felt I wasted my time and when you have a lot of fans sharing a "that's it" feeling then it could have been better.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 09-19-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar

Tu eres una perra.

Love Live Life

So everybody died and went to heaven at the end right?

How they die if everything on and off the island happened?

I kinda agree with BigBoss. Jacob's back story was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    First of all, you don't know what purgatory is.

Second, they didn't know what they were going to do. They did not plot out 7 seasons or however f*cking long it was on for. They do it per contract.
    [QUOTE]The writers agreed early in the series that its ending would be a spiritual one, he added.

I don't need to debate anything. You are wrong and I'm ok with you not being aware of it.
    It's because you know i'll shut you down.

I re-edited my post. Argue against that or be a beta bitch.

Or actually here i'll paste it for you:

Aside from the flash forward being a plot tool to serve as a metaphor for purgatory. The finale season's writing was lazy, fell flat, and was not as ambitious as what they set out to do from the get go . The writers simply got in a room and could not think of anything to really push the envelope and that's evident with Jacob's backstory. There were two types of Lost viewers, the ones who wanted got on the ride and wanted the finale to take the show to the next level and solidify it's place in TV history as a classic, versus the ones satisfied with what they got as long as it technically closed all story arcs. I felt I wasted my time and when you have a lot of fans sharing a "that's it" feeling then it could have been better. Those who accept it are the simple minded who wouldn't know the difference between great screenplays and shit ones. The 99%. The sheep of society like you.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 09-19-2014 at 09:36 PM.