Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Explain "Lost" to me please

The infuriating thing about LOST is that if you would have asked the writers after the first season a simple question like "so what's the deal with the island?", if there were to give an HONEST answer, it would be something like "I dunno. It's just a weird island. There's no backstory."

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    They didn't all die simultaneously. That's the whole point of the side timeline. They were all in limbo waiting for the rest to die. Some were still lingering after the group moved on because they weren't ready to move on. That's the purgatory, in limbo part about it.
    I'm still lost but that helps a little

http://www.blastr.com/2013-10-2/how-...defending-lost

Damon Lindelof the showrunner of Lost admitting he ****ed the show up.

Those who lack any real intellect were satisfied like Zen because technically they explained 98% of the mysteries, however many hated the finale.

/thread.

I'll shut you down any day, any debate Zen.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 09-19-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Are you even reading the posts in this thread? I already stated that people were disappointed with the finale and that the reaction was justified.

You don't even seem to know what I think. So interaction with you is pointless.
    You're confused Zen. Go meditate and come back with a better rebuttal.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    http://www.blastr.com/2013-10-2/how-...defending-lost

Damon Lindelof the showrunner of Lost admitting he ****ed the show up.

Those who lack any real intellect were satisfied like Zen because technically they explained 98% of the mysteries, however many hated the finale.

/thread.

I'll shut you down any day, any debate Zen.
    WTF?

Actually those with any sort of intellect understood the show, understood that NOT all mysteries are meant to be solved (although they solved damn near all of them) and understand that not everything will be perfect.

Many loyal fans were disappointed in the finale I agree. I was ambivalent, not sure if I hated the finale or loved it, but I got it. The last season did feel rushed, it was clumsy and I did wish Jacob and the other dude's storyline got explained more.

But at the end of the day, it was still a great overall experience. It was groundbreaking on many fronts. Im not gonna be a spoiled brat and let a few missteps f*ck up years of the most exciting tv I've ever seen bar none.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moe94

Worst part about LOST is what they did to Locke's character.
    Maybe they went too far with the John Locke > Jeremy Bentham shit, but I appreciated the philosophical meaning behind it. Besides at the point of where this started happening I had already given up the hope of the show turning over a leaf and just kept watching to see the ending. Great first 3-4 seasons but then it sucked.

Banned

The only exception would be Desmond getting on the phone was Penny. That was damn near perfect television
    I think I cried when I saw that, so ****ing awesome. Penny and Desmond was indeed the best part of the show.

Penny's letter was also very emotional

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    WTF?

Actually those with any sort of intellect understood the show, understood that NOT all mysteries are meant to be solved (although they solved damn near all of them) and understand that not everything will be perfect.

Many loyal fans were disappointed in the finale I agree. I was ambivalent, not sure if I hated the finale or loved it, but I got it. The last season did feel rushed, it was clumsy and I did wish Jacob and the other dude's storyline got explained more.

But at the end of the day, it was still a great overall experience. It was groundbreaking on many fronts. Im not gonna be a spoiled brat and let a few missteps f*ck up years of the most exciting tv I've ever seen bar none.

lol at the show runner admitting he ****ed up, but you and Zen still defending the show with semantics.

Oh so now the last season was a bit clumsy and you wished Jacobs backstory was explained more. Saving face like a little bitch. They could have done A LOT more and went an entirely different direction. That is the point. Its fundamental to understand that. They ****ed up.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 09-19-2014 at 10:13 PM.

lol at the show runner admitting he ****ed up, but you and Zen still defending the show with semantics.
    Do you even know how to read dude?

I think everybody in this thread has admitted that they ****ed up

I can't speak for them, but that still doesn't take away my overall enjoyment.

Do you even know how to read dude?

I think everybody in this thread has admitted that they ****ed up

I can't speak for them, but that still doesn't take away my overall enjoyment.

Oh so now the last season was a bit clumsy and you wished Jacobs backstory was explained more. Saving face like a little bitch. They could have done A LOT more and went an entirely different direction. That is the point. Its fundamental to understand that. They ****ed up.
    Must feel good typing tough behind a keyboard.

type away if it compensates for your insecurities.

Must feel good typing tough behind a keyboard.

type away if it compensates for your insecurities.

Lost gave the impression that there was some well thought out overarching storyline waiting to be explained when actually, the story was nothing more than "a plane crashes on an island where weird things happen" and from that point on they made it up as the went.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Lost worked when it had a science fiction base to it. (Seasons 1-4 and a lot of season 5).

Lost failed when it switched to a fantastical battle between supernatural beings where things were explained away with "it's just magic". (Season 6)

F*ck Off Man... You should get a life

Master your emotions Zen.

I own you.