Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Do you think men and women are equally intelligent on average?

What everyone has been saying is true. Women on average are smarter but a lot more male geniuses and male dumbasses

The next Newton or Einstein will most likely also be male

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    because what you're talking about has nothing to do with science

In comes the leftist denials of the existence of IQ.

Leftist? That seems strange? Why would I classify "IQ denial" as a leftist position? Well, glad you asked Bob.

The problem with IQ in the leftist dogma is that it reveals the obvious (to anyone who isn't brainwashed) reality that humans are not equal. Leftists would have you believe that the sole explanation for varying degrees of success in people is "class". Here you are thinking that some people succeed because they are smarter, more talented, come up with better ideas, more skilled. Oh, no. You've got it all wrong. The real reason they succeed? Conspiracies of course.

Why are men more successful than women? The Patriarchy. An all powerful evil group hellbent on world domination with their secret headquarters located inside a volcano. The Patriarchy is also closely aligned with the illuminati and the shapeshifting lizard people.

How would you go about "freeing" people from these evil all-encompassing conspiracies? COMMUNISM! "What is communism?" you say? I'll tell you what communism is. IT'S AWESOME!

The problem is, IQ shows that we actually aren't equal. We all have different IQs. There is a reason why some of us succeed and some of us don't. IQ is not the only but one of the reason why.

So how do you get around this "IQ" problem. Just pretend it's not real.
    Last edited by NumberSix; 09-24-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Curious what ISH thinks and why.
    yeah, but in different ways.

Take the smartest man in the world, a 7 or 8 could manipulate the **** out of him.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix

In comes the leftist denials of the existence of IQ.
    If you wanna get someone's IQ, you gotta do it when they are really young. Still can't say it means everything, but it means something Once people get older, their minds are cluttered with other stuff. Also, there is anxiety.

Edit2: Also, I think the highest levels of intellectual giftedness appear on both sides, in all race/class/whatever. But the thing is... those aren't the people who become CEOs. At most, they end up used to someone who more moderately gifted and succeed that way.

-Smak
    Last edited by ILLsmak; 09-24-2014 at 05:51 PM.

I think so BUT i think men are challenged more and pushed more to excel, which is why we have more men at the top of fields, and not women. Young women are often rewarded and praised for lots of things that have nothing to do with excelling, while men (in some way or another) are expected to try to excel.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Are women really more emotional than men????

I feel we are as emotional if not more but we express different set or range of emotions. Women might get jealous but men's hurt egos has lead to it fair share of problems through out human history.
    Would appreciate an answer to this it possible

rank sentamentalist

The Patriarchy. An all powerful evil group
    i don't think you know what [COLOR="DarkOrange"]patriarchy[/COLOR] means.

rank sentamentalist

How would you go about "freeing" people from these evil all-encompassing conspiracies? COMMUNISM! "What is communism?" you say? I'll tell you what communism is. IT'S AWESOME!
    i don't think you know what [COLOR="DarkRed"]communism[/COLOR] means.

rank sentamentalist

The problem is, IQ shows that we actually aren't equal. We all have different IQs. There is a reason why some of us succeed and some of us don't. IQ is not the only but one of the reason why.
    i don't think you know what [COLOR="Purple"]IQ[/COLOR] means.

rank sentamentalist

are you familiar with the book "The Bell Curve", numbersix?

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    yeah, but in different ways.

Take the smartest man in the world, a 7 or 8 could manipulate the **** out of him.

Edit:

If you wanna get someone's IQ, you gotta do it when they are really young. Still can't say it means everything, but it means something Once people get older, their minds are cluttered with other stuff. Also, there is anxiety.

Edit2: Also, I think the highest levels of intellectual giftedness appear on both sides, in all race/class/whatever. But the thing is... those aren't the people who become CEOs. At most, they end up used to someone who more moderately gifted and succeed that way.

-Smak

Nope. Maybe the smartest guy YOU know, but that just isn't true.

Bill Gates would have a trophy wife and only half of his billions if that were true. If you want to talk about actual intelligence (rather than success-based intelligence) Richard Feynman was gaming bitches like no problem. Newton took the other route and just didn't bother himself with women at all. Alan Turing was gay. Tesla and Edison, you could go on all day about this.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    i don't think you know what [COLOR="DarkOrange"]patriarchy[/COLOR] means.

Ahhhh. Back to arguing definitions of words. Because I totally really do believe it really is an evil shadowy cabal with secret headquarters in a volcano. Obvi.

Let's now spend the next 3 hours discussing how you couldn't have possibly detected that there was any sarcasm in that post.

rank sentamentalist

right back atcha

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Nope. Maybe the smartest guy YOU know, but that just isn't true.

Bill Gates would have a trophy wife and only half of his billions if that were true. If you want to talk about actual intelligence (rather than success-based intelligence) Richard Feynman was gaming bitches like no problem. Newton took the other route and just didn't bother himself with women at all. Alan Turing was gay. Tesla and Edison, you could go on all day about this.
    I agree with you on the avoiding women (possibly due to autism spectrum inability to relate), but that's more of a 'DNP' than anything. Also, you must remember, there is a whole world of women one can choose from... they can pick ones that wouldn't, ones that can't, or ones that are just stupid.

Here is some aged gifted sauce for you guys, could be enlightening:

http://www.hoagiesgifted.org/we_have_learned.htm

Also: I know a lot of very smart people, for reference.

Double also: If you believe in IQ, (which I do somewhat) there are people who have 150+% of the intellectual capacity of Richard Feynman. It goes to show you what kind of people we are talking about when we talk about profoundly gifted people. IMO the PG girl is much different than the PG boy and is very bad ass in her own way.

When we both control the world, I'll pick the girl and you can pick the guy and I bet the girl wraps him around her finger.

-Smak

코비=GOAT

I think defining intelligence and how we measure it is a good start for discussion.

Physiological differences between male and female brains imply that there is a difference in intelligence. Brain weight to body weight ratio has shown to be correlated to intelligence in mammals. This is one possible reason that we see a slightly higher average iq for males. Males are on average larger than females, meaning larger cranial cavity and brain matter.

This is also shown in spatial visualization tests done on humans. Men usually perform one standard deviation better than women. Most of these differences can be explained convincingly in an evolutionary context.

However, as others have mentioned, there is a significant frequency of outliers in both genders which suggests gender is not a reliable indicator of intelligence.

rank sentamentalist

I think defining intelligence and how we measure it is a good start for discussion.