Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar

Default 11/22: Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri for the WBO Welterweight title

I think Algieri is to be a tough opponent for Manny cause Chris is a very skilled counter puncher, and he has the height and reach advantage over Manny Pacquiao.

But Pacquiao still has the experience, and he's still too fast for Chris who's at the prime of his career.

Default Re: 11/22: Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri for the WBO Welterweight title

Manny Pacquiao by TKO.

Default Re: 11/22: Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri for the WBO Welterweight title

Last fight: Algieri vs Provodnikov

- First title fight
    - Algieri down twice in round one.

This doesn't seem like much of an opponent for Manny tbh.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Last fight: Algieri vs Provodnikov

- First title fight
    - Algieri down twice in round one.

This doesn't seem like much of an opponent for Manny tbh.
    You forgot to mention the part where Algieri won that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    You forgot to mention the part where Algieri won that fight.
    Who pissed in your cereal again?

Banned

Damn, getting the party started nice and early

Algieri is a high risk, low reward opponent. Pac gains nothing really by beating him, but Chris has the height, reach, and boxing ability to make Manny's night tough. Pac usually destroys taller opponents like Margarito and DLH, but those guys weren't as 'live' as Algieri is coming off his upset win over Provodnikiov. I wouldn't be surprised though if it ends up looking like Pac-Clottey once Algieri realizes he's never seen speed like that before and becomes shell-shocked.

The fight is going to bomb on US PPV, but Top Rank is banking on the Chinese market coming through. We'll see how that turns out.

Fight is less than 9 days to go. Former world champion Byrd said if Algeri boxers smart he can beat Pacquiao.

Manny should win. If Chris win, Manny can forget about the Mayweather fight which I believe will be coming in September of next year.

But it's been said Manny is moving down to 140 to fight Jesse Vargas next, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Fight is less than 9 days to go. Former world champion Byrd said if Algeri boxers smart he can beat Pacquiao.
    This fight is basically what would go down if me and you ever fought.

Me being Pacquiao.

You being Algieri.

I'm starting to like this Algeri kid. Still lives at home in his parents basement and still drives the same car. Very humble up to this point. Even saw some of his past fights (beat Emmanel Augustus more convincing than Broner did).The fight itself is interesting being that it pits the classic puncher vs boxer matchup. I know there will be people who are down on this fight and are like "Chris who?"

But there was also a time when people said Pacman only fights one dimensional brawlers or old, shot fighters. Well in a Algeri, he's fighting a younger, taller counter punching boxer. He has a style that people say would trouble Pacman. Let's not mention he came off a dominating win over undefeated Tim Bradley. All this after getting KTFO and being declared "done" by many. Not going to win over people with this one.

I want to see Manny blast through him and then finally call out Mayweather after the fight in the interview. None of that "I'll let my promoter decide or if the fans want it we can do it" talk. I want him to call out Floyd by his name.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    I want to see Manny blast through him and then finally call out Mayweather after the fight in the interview. None of that "I'll let my promoter decide or if the fans want it we can do it" talk. I want him to call out Floyd by his name.
    the floyd fight will only happen if manny wins in a very close fight. if manny loses, everyone will lose interest again. if he dominates a tall & decent boxer/counterpuncher, floyd will be even more scared and will have more excuses. if he barely wins or if algieri gets robbed, floyd will be confident enough to beat manny and might agree to a fight.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

I wish it was on Thanksgiving weekend. Could watch it with cousins then

I have the strangest feeling Allergies will win.

Banned

lose the fight he's done. wins he still rots waiting for a floyd bout.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawker
    lose the fight he's done. wins he still rots waiting for a floyd bout.
    Mayweather is praying that Pacquiao loses and the Cotto-Canelo fight gets made so he doesnt get any backlash for deciding to fight Amir Khan.