Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: 2014-2015 Observation Deck

That was depressing. It's baffling how UNC has become whatever the hell this is under Roy Williams. I can't believe how unskilled this team is. I'm sure we'll get our act together by ACC play, get into the tournament as an 8 or 9 seed, and get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round.

That's what North Carolina basketball has become and it's embarrassing.

To look back at the preseason rankings and see that UNC was ranked #5 and Duke was ranked #4 is comical at this point. Duke is 25 points better than UNC at a neutral site and 30 points better than UNC at Cameron right now. At this point I think Duke is pretty clearly the second best team in the nation and the only other team I've seen who could compete with and beat Kentucky. Meanwhile, there might be 40 or 50 teams better than UNC.

Well, since I was melting down on the UNC board the last couple hours, I will end it with this on here. Knowing full well that I might read this post in a few months and laugh at how much of an idiot I was. I hope so. However, I need to type this because I am not one to keep things pent-up. Prepare for a long, melodramatic, post.

It's come to that; using the program down the road, and to a lesser extent UK, to gauge where we stand. Not here we stand not as a team this season, but as a program in college basketball

Isiah Whitehead having a true breakout game tonight

Refs sucked in that Gonzaga/Arizona game but nobody can complain really. Gonzaga choked and Zona made plays. Sabonis was ****ing terrible tho. He looked lost almost all game.

NJIT >>> Michigan. Didn't NJIT go like three years with one win the late 00s?

Okay night in the Big West. CSUN & Cal Poly took care of DII> programs, though the 'Dors let Vanguard stick too close. We need our "suspended" players back.

Irvine & Riverside recorded solid wins, while Hawaii lost by 20 to BYU,. UC Davis losing @ Idaho was a shock, as the Aggies were 6-0.

11 Days off for the "Dors before we play in Oregon.

LBSU losing last night to Stephen F. Austin sucked, though they already have solid wins vs Kansas State & Xavier. Big tests @ San Diego St, @ Texas, @ St John's, @ Syracuse & @ Louisville coming up. A 2-3 trip would be great.

Kentuckys length is so blatant vs unc.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Kentuckys length is so blatant vs unc.
    yeah, and that was without Poythress. good win for UK. UNC needs to pull it together before the ACC season starts.

Theus needs to unsuspend all those that are suspended, I mean, c'mon.

The Beach doing well though, with the toughest OoC sched in the nation. Lost by 5 at 9-3 BYU (43rd RPI), beat 7-4 Kansas State (128 RPI) by 9, beat 8-3 Xavier (77th RPI) by 3, lost by 1 vs #19 San Diego State (21st RPI), lost by 10 at 8th Texas (10th RPI).

Still got three road games vs St. John's, Syracuse & Louisville.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I ****ing hate basketball

No one cares KU lost to Temple?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

On paper, Big Ten job, program w/ 0 national titles (depending how old the person you ask is), but plenty of conference titles, plenty of success. Pays their coach a top 15 national salary. Nike school. In Indiana, about an hour straight down the interstate from Indianapolis which continues to be the Mecca of prep talent (set up a tourney any of you East Coast claimers, would love it. you'll lose.).

WHY THE **** ARE WE TERRIBLE

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    On paper, Big Ten job, program w/ 0 national titles (depending how old the person you ask is), but plenty of conference titles, plenty of success. Pays their coach a top 15 national salary. Nike school. In Indiana, about an hour straight down the interstate from Indianapolis which continues to be the Mecca of prep talent (set up a tourney any of you East Coast claimers, would love it. you'll lose.).

WHY THE **** ARE WE TERRIBLE
    Purdue will be back. I think the growth of Butler made things a little more complicated for the recruitment of players looking to stay in state.

Not sure what's going on with Hammons/Haas though. Seems like Hammons hasn't put it all together, and Haas looks like he is just as good as Hammons has ever been.

Can't say I expected a loss at home to Gardner-Webb. They need the game against Minnesota to turn it around. To be real they'll need to win the conference or at least go deep and make a little more buzz around the team around selection Sunday to make the tournament.

IMO the conference realignment has a lot to do with it. Like you said, no shortage of quality local talent. I think they can turn it around once Hammons is out of the picture.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Keep an eye out for WVU especially Holton and Macon coming off redshirt years. Team is deeper than last season even tho all you probly heard til now was about the transfers of Harris and Henderson. Everyone already knows about Staten
    Gonna find out a lot about the mountaineers over the next week.

Reggie Theus is a douche