I usually hit open layups

Default Detroit Pistons 2014-15 Preview

I have recently rejoined the CelticsBlog family and I'll be doing their previews for all 30 NBA teams in their annual SBNation team preview project. Each article includes a breakdown of last season, a recap of the team

Default Re: Detroit Pistons 2014-15 Preview

The team mostly drifted between 7-9 last season under Maurice Cheeks. It wasn't until after his firing that they dropped out of playoff contention completely.

With the shooting and coaching upgrades I think they will definitely challenge for a 5-8 spot.

NBA lottery pick

It's a mediocre team and it sounds like that's where most people are picking them to finish.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

In a VERY weak conference I think we have the talent to finish anywhere from 5th to 10th. It all comes down to whether or not SVG can totally revamp our playing style, attitude and connect with our younger players like Dre and KCP to get them to take another giant step forward. I guess that is exactly the reason we payed SVG the big $$ right?>...

I think we will have a far better idea after our first 10 games of where this team is headed...

Yes - it was the first game of pre-season but damn we looked "different". The first thing that I noticed was the spacing - how many open looks we were getting -

The next thing I noticed was a tuned in Jennings - 6 assists in the first 6 minutes...

KCP carried over his good form from summer camp, his stroke is looking great

Moose was a beast,

Smith was a total DUD!

Jerebko looks like he has been watching tape of Ryan Anderson, he looked good today

Augustin fitted perfectly,

Loved watching todays game,

Decent college freshman

Well said. I liked Andre's little jump hook he was using. Bad perimeter D and Smith is still taking bad shots. Only one 3 though and he made it. SF is going to be where we get killed

Yeah SF is somewhat of a worry - Butler gives you toughness and leadership but not much else at this point of his career. I expect we might see quite a bit of "small ball" where we play Meeks and KCP at the wing positions at the same time.

Singler seems like a SVG type of dude too, spaces the floor and has a 99 hustle rating, so I expect to see a bit more of him at SF moving forward -

Decent college freshman

Yah, its defensively that I'm most worried. Going against the Lebrons,Durants,Dengs etc will be rough. No George at least I guess.

I'd definitely like to see a good amount of KCP and Meeks on the floor together.

I could not have hoped for KCP to have had a better off-season, summer league, pre-season... He looks like he is going to be an impact player for our team - I want to start him - but SVG has shown so far (in his huggggge array of games as Pistons head coach :P ) that he isn't afraid to play the bench heavy minutes...