Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nikola Mirotic Training Camp: What the coach/players are saying...

http://www.chatsports.com/chicago-bu...elf-1-10492332

Some interesting insight into how Mirotic is seen by the players/coach recently.
    Last edited by poido123; 10-02-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Nikola Mirotic Training Camp: What the coach/players are saying...

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    http://www.chatsports.com/chicago-bu...elf-1-10492332

Some interesting insight into how Mirotic is seen by the players/coach recently.

I hope Thibs can get him to start by the end of the year. He is a very crafty player.
    Is he not a pf?
    I doubt he would start ahead of pau and Gibson.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMilkyBarKid
    Is he not a pf?
    I doubt he would start ahead of pau and Gibson.

He could play SF. His footwork and effort on D would make him serviceable enough to play there, he has nimble feet. He would be a mismatch for anyone defending him, he can post up and he can shoot.

He would struggle against some of the better SF's on D, but who doesn't.
    Last edited by poido123; 10-02-2014 at 01:40 AM.

I predict Thibs will be a moron with him, play him very little, and when he does, not let him play his game.

Sounds like if he unleashes the guy, he can be a starting level player though.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    I predict Thibs will be a moron with him, play him very little, and when he does, not let him play his game.

Sounds like if he unleashes the guy, he can be a starting level player though.

That isn't unique to Thibs.

A lot of coaches bury euros on the bench in their first year.

I do think Mirotic may be a step ahead of a few of them though...He has played international ball and has been playing in the euroleague for quite some time.

My guess is Thibs will start out with players who know the system, then slowly introduce more minutes to McDermott and Mirotic as they learn the system with time.

My guess is either Dunleavy or Snell will start alongside Butler, then as the season progresses, Mirotic and McDermott will push for more minutes and perhaps even a starting job.

The article says that the Bulls might have an overloaded frontcourt, but I disagree.

Noah, Gasol, Taj, Mirotic. Obviously out of those, Mirotic is the odd man out for major minutes as of now. With Noah's injury recovery for the early part of the season and Gasol's age / stamina, I think Thibs could use all of them efficiently.

That frontcourt is looking really strong and versatile assuming they all stay healthy.

Joakim Noah spoke highly of him. I wasn't too intrigued until he did sign. Now I'm def interested to say the least.

http://fansided.com/2014/10/01/chica...c-hell-player/

Tweet from Sun-Times Basketball

"You don

5-time NBA All-Star

Wow, really curious to see the offense this year. I heard Snell was looking good too.

Hinrich
    Snell
    McDermott/Mirotic
    Gibson

McDermott might be the odd one out this year if Thibes goes the 9 man rotation. Which is ok. Tribes should just do the second unit thing and rest the Noah and Pau.

Nazir
    Brooks

Still can be very valuable.

Who needs Mirotc when you have McBucket?

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    He could play SF. His footwork and effort on D would make him serviceable enough to play there, he has nimble feet. He would be a mismatch for anyone defending him, he can post up and he can shoot.

He would struggle against some of the better SF's on D, but who doesn't.
    the spacing would be horrible if you posted mirotic around with pau and noah on the court at the same time.

ive only seen a few of mirotic's games, but he looked far too slow to defend SFs, he looked fairly slow against euroleague PFs, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    the spacing would be horrible if you posted mirotic around with pau and noah on the court at the same time.

ive only seen a few of mirotic's games, but he looked far too slow to defend SFs, he looked fairly slow against euroleague PFs, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

One of the Bulls main concerns going into this season is filling that SF spot.

Out of the 3 or 4 guys who can play there, there are negatives to all of them.

Yeah, Mirotic can look slow, but it's his long strides that make him look slow. He stays with the play well, even if he does get beaten, he knows how to recover and contest the shot.

If Bulls are to be successful this year, they need to know how to use Mirotic. He is a matchup nightmare. Can post up, drive, shoot and run the floor like a guard.
    Last edited by poido123; 10-02-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Who needs Mirotc when you have McBucket?

McBucket is my choice. He will make mistakes, he will get beaten by athletic SF's, but he can equally punish defenses at the other end.

Doug will provide an extra threat out there to keep defenses honest.

why not start snell and butler? with rose gasol and noah you probably have enough offense already anyway

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    why not start snell and butler? with rose gasol and noah you probably have enough offense already anyway
    You are right. Dunleavy is 34 shot 43% last year and will likely be used more-so in spot duty, Doug might move into regular back up. Only problem is that they could use Snell with Gibson's and Mirotic's energy/athleticism off the bench. They can go a lot of ways.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

i've watched him live several times. he absolutely can't play sf