Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Thumbs up The reason LeBron will NEVER be as good as Kobe or Jordan.

Default Re: The reason LeBron will NEVER be as good as Kobe or Jordan.

NBA Superstar

Hell, I'd probably contend that ROOKIE Kobe had better footwork than Bran currently does.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Hes better than Kobe for mostly physical reasons...but you dont grade on a curve. Hes just more physically capable in a game where your physical talent makes a difference.

But he isnt Jordan because he doesnt have the skill...and the physical differences dont show because Jordan was able to generate the same excellent shots at an even greater rate due to his explosive first step.

If Kobe didnt have to fall back on difficult shots due to being slower than Jordan and smaller/weaker than Lebron he would at least be better than Lebron. Hes clearly more skilled. Arguably as skilled a scorer as there could be.

But he developed that because he cent just walk past guys like they are standing still or bully his way into the lane and not feel contact.

Lebron is Karl Malone with handles, a jumper and passing off the dribble, and a solid spot up 3.

Kobe is Jordan minus a step, some inches off the vertical, and smaller hands but with an obsessive nature that drove him to develop skills to make up for it.

Kobe could be the most skilled of the 3.

But a physical game demands physical traits.

Kobe is a great athlete.

But athletically....those two are gods in human form.

It matters.

And it shows on defense too. Kobe was at his best...a mean defender...because of determination.

Jordan was just as determined or more so on that end...with better lateral speed, hops, and recovery speed.

Lebron is less determined than either...but hes a bigman with guard quickness so he covers hole in a defense like few ever could.

Again...physical differences decide it in the end.

Kobe cant be Jordan because of athletic ability.

Lebron cant be because of skill.

Nobody else hit the sweet spot yet.

Very good NBA starter

LJ is already better then Kobe.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    Someone posted a video a while ago of Durant hitting a turnaround step back fadeaway jumper in LeBron's face (kind of, he had LeBron so shook that the shot didn't even get contested), and then LeBron went down on the other end and tried the same move, traveled, lost his balance, almost got blocked, and then airballed the shot.

I wish I could find that video again. It was classic.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Hell, I'd probably contend that ROOKIE Kobe had better footwork than Bran currently does.
    All that footwork managed to about 7 points a game for rookie Kobe
    Just stop you undercover Kobe stan

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Hes better than Kobe for mostly physical reasons...but you dont grade on a curve. Hes just more physically capable in a game where your physical talent makes a difference.

But he isnt Jordan because he doesnt have the skill...and the physical differences dont show because Jordan was able to generate the same excellent shots at an even greater rate due to his explosive first step.

If Kobe didnt have to fall back on difficult shots due to being slower than Jordan and smaller/weaker than Lebron he would at least be better than Lebron. Hes clearly more skilled. Arguably as skilled a scorer as there could be.

But he developed that because he cent just walk past guys like they are standing still or bully his way into the lane and not feel contact.

Lebron is Karl Malone with handles, a jumper and passing off the dribble, and a solid spot up 3.

Kobe is Jordan minus a step, some inches off the vertical, and smaller hands but with an obsessive nature that drove him to develop skills to make up for it.

Kobe could be the most skilled of the 3.

But a physical game demands physical traits.

Kobe is a great athlete.

But athletically....those two are gods in human form.

It matters.

And it shows on defense too. Kobe was at his best...a mean defender...because of determination.

Jordan was just as determined or more so on that end...with better lateral speed, hops, and recovery speed.

Lebron is less determined than either...but hes a bigman with guard quickness so he covers hole in a defense like few ever could.

Again...physical differences decide it in the end.

Kobe cant be Jordan because of athletic ability.

Lebron cant be because of skill.

Nobody else hit the sweet spot yet.
    I agree with most of this, I just happen to think that Kobe's skill and mental advantage over LeBron gives him the nod (all "5>2" arguments aside). Sure, he's not as athletic, but he's also not Boris Diaw in terms of athleticism either. I'd also definitely have to put Kobe over LeBron as a defender throughout their careers.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    All that footwork managed to about 7 points a game for rookie Kobe
    Just stop you undercover Kobe stan
    How insane of a work ethic does Kobe have to have to go from averaging 7 points per game as a rookie to having a year where he averaged 35 points per game....

This guy's mental drive and competitive fire is INSANE.

How insane of a work ethic does Kobe have to have gone from averaging 7 points per game as a rookie to having a year where he averaged 35 points per game....

The guys mental drive and competitive fire is INSANE.
    Kobe still has a nice work ethic.
    Still LeBron>>>Kobe>>>KD

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    Kobe still has a nice work ethic.
    Still LeBron>>>Kobe>>>KD
    2>5>0?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Kobe is more skilled than Lebron. But the only purpose of offensive skill is generating a good shot.

Lebron can get a good one easier than Kobe.

A faceup drive for a layup isnt as iconic as a fadeaway...but it gets the job done at a higher rate.

Jordan had the benefit of getting the layup at a better rate than Lebron(on command at least) and being more capable than Kobe of getting the position he wants for a jumper.

Kobe might be(is) better making an equally difficult shot.

Jordan and Lebron are forced into less of them due to physical talent.

Kobe makes admirable shots and struggles to get easy ones.

Lebron makes easy ones and struggles on the hard ones(relative to Kobe and Jordan).

Jordan does whatever the defense makes the right decision.

He walks the line between worlds both of them are for the most part a prisioner in.

He has nothing you can take away.

NBA Superstar

I still think that Kobe's 2012/2013 season is one of the most underrated ever.

Averaging 26/6/6 on 46% at 35 years old on a highly dysfunctional, injured, and poorly coached team ain't no joke.

35 years old and doing things like this... Absolutely insane. We'll have to see if LeBron can put up that production at age 35.

I still think that Kobe's 2012/2013 season is one of the most underrated ever.

Averaging 26/6/6 on 46% at 35 years old on a highly dysfunctional, injured, and poorly coached team ain't no joke.

35 years old and doing things like this... Absolutely insane. We'll have to see if LeBron can put up that production at age 35.
    Incredibly underrated clutch performance.

Not a LeBron hater, but when you see sh*t like this, you cant help but think of player manufacturing. That is disrespectful to all that is fundamental about basketball.