Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: The reason LeBron will NEVER be as good as Kobe or Jordan.

I...just cant see Jordan or Lebron having that bad a season wins wise with that roster.

Lebron and Dwight are clowns in ways(Dwight especially)...but you dont combine them and be a 7th-8th seed even in the west.

People just decided they were not talented after it didnt work.

Even with the injury issues that should have been a good team.

Probably would have been with a second healthy season together. They started to pull it together...

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    for real looks like that retarded kid on the playground who doesn't understand travelling

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Kobe makes admirable shots and struggles to get easy ones.

Lebron makes easy ones and struggles on the hard ones(relative to Kobe and Jordan).

Jordan does whatever the defense makes the right decision.

He walks the line between worlds both of them are for the most part a prisioner in.

He has nothing you can take away.

I still think that Kobe's 2012/2013 season is one of the most underrated ever.

Averaging 26/6/6 on 46% at 35 years old on a highly dysfunctional, injured, and poorly coached team ain't no joke.

35 years old and doing things like this... Absolutely insane. We'll have to see if LeBron can put up that production at age 35.
    27/6/6, and Kobe started off on FIRE while the rest of the team just stunk it up BADLY

Kobe averaged 28/5/5/2 on 49/39/87 shooting in his first 20 games... Kobe had a 10-game stretch, where he scored at least 30 every game, averaged 34/5/5/1/1 on 46/39/83 shooting in those games, he had an amazing stretch from end of November to January 33 ppg on 47% shooting for a 17-game stretch, where he consistently had a 25-40 pt game.

if Kobe even had a half-decent team around him that year (that wouldn't constantly get injured with D-leaguers having to start), he would have won 50+ games and been in the MVP race, the heavy load of minutes thrown on him due to all the injuries limited his efficiency by the end of the season (though he still had some GREAT games, clutch games), he could have easily averaged 26/5/5 on 49% shooting on a contender that season, he was so great physically. Had some of the best dunks of the year, posterizing two bigger guys at once, dunking around Josh Smith mid-air, that poster on Pekovic

I feel like that was Kobe's last year of greatness, and possibly his best individual year since 09, if only it wasn't wasted on a bad-back D12 and a roster filled with a bunch of tired old scrubs that missed every other game while Kobe played 40+ minutes a game after spraining his ankle badly (which most athletes would take weeks to recover from, Kobe went back the next game and tried to play on it, even though he could barely run...).

2>5>0?
    Yup.

I'm sorry but

NBA Superstar

I...just cant see Jordan or Lebron having that bad a season wins wise with that roster.

Lebron and Dwight are clowns in ways(Dwight especially)...but you dont combine them and be a 7th-8th seed even in the west.

Probably would have been with a second healthy season together. They started to pull it together...
    LeBron would have been a better fit with Dwight because he wouldn't have held him as accountable as Kobe and would have screwed around with him more.

As soon as Kobe steps on the court, he only cares about one thing and thats winning. As soon as he saw where Dwight's priorities were it was clear that it just wasn't going to work out. I remember him publicly criticizing Dwight not playing through pain and also Dwight not taking practice seriously enough. Sure, maybe Kobe could have handled it better but when you have 5 rings like he does, I think you can say whatever the **** you want.

QFT. For all the excuses about injuries Dwight still played in 76 games. Dwight and Kobe alone should warrant at least a top 4 seed. As much as the posters on this site try to diminish Harden, even he managed to get a top 4 seed with nothing more than Howard.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    QFT. For all the excuses about injuries Dwight still played in 76 games. Dwight and Kobe alone should warrant at least a top 4 seed. As much as the posters on this site try to diminish Harden, even he managed to get a top 4 seed with nothing more than Howard.
    The Harden/Kobe comparison there doesn't work right at all.

As bad as McHale is he's still better than Mike Brown. And while Dwight was a new addition to the team last year, they still had plenty of continuity with guys like Beverley, Lin, Harden, Parsons, Jones, Asik, etc. That Lakers squad was just thrown together overnight with a horrible coach left to help guide them through a bunch of injuries and chemistry problems.

I knew from the get go that that Lakers team wasn't going to do shit because they were too old and injury prone Mike Brown is just too bad of a coach.

LeBron would have been a better fit with Dwight because he wouldn't have held him as accountable as Kobe and would have screwed around with him more.

As soon as Kobe steps on the court, he only cares about one thing and thats winning. As soon as he saw where Dwight's priorities were it was clear that it just wasn't going to work out. I remember him publicly criticizing Dwight not playing through pain and also Dwight not taking practice seriously enough. Sure, maybe Kobe could have handled it better but when you have 5 rings like he does, I think you can say whatever the **** you want.
    Bean cares about getting his shots and bullying team mates.

Difference between guys like Kobe and guys like KG? Opponents of Kobe love him, team mates despise him. Opponents hate KG, team mates adore him.

Then again, when you refuse to shoot against a team to prove a point and lose the game and series the only thing you care about certainly is not winning.

OP thinks the only way to have good footwork is to be able to do up and under moves in the low post

College superstar

As soon as Kobe steps on the court, he only cares about one thing and thats winning.
    No. God no. Its insane anyone could even get this out without laughing.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    Bean cares about getting his shots and bullying team mates.

Difference between guys like Kobe and guys like KG? Opponents of Kobe love him, team mates despise him. Opponents hate KG, team mates adore him.

Then again, when you refuse to shoot against a team to prove a point and lose the game and series the only thing you care about certainly is not winning.
    Watching Bill Simmons try to PRAISE LeBron for that shit had me laughing my ass off. I'll give LeBron that, he ****ed up so bad with the "Decision" and got so much criticism that the media now sees it as their mission to praise everything he does, good or bad.

NBA rookie of the year

LeBron out weights Jordan and Kobe by 50lbs each. He's also duck footed. It simply not realistic for him to operate in the same exact fashion.

And LeBron is better than Kobe ever was, regardless.

The Harden/Kobe comparison there doesn't work right at all.

As bad as McHale is he's still better than Mike Brown. And while Dwight was a new addition to the team last year, they still had plenty of continuity with guys like Beverley, Lin, Harden, Parsons, Jones, Asik, etc. That Lakers squad was just thrown together overnight with a horrible coach left to help guide them through a bunch of injuries and chemistry problems.

I knew from the get go that that Lakers team wasn't going to do shit because they were too old and injury prone Mike Brown is just too bad of a coach.
    You do realize that Mike Brown was fired after 5 games right?
    D'antoni is a solid coach, and has a much better resume than McHale. I'm also pretty sure that the 2010 Heat were "thrown together overnight." At the end of the day there is no excuse for a player of Kobe's caliber to barely make the playoffs with a teammate like Howard, who despite being injured was still the best big man in the league.