Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: The reason LeBron will NEVER be as good as Kobe or Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    LeBron out weights Jordan and Kobe by 50lbs each. He's also duck footed. It simply not realistic for him to operate in the same exact fashion.
    I agree with this, and this is why someone knowledgeable here made the Karl Malone comparison.

The problem with the media is that they always try to compare LeBron to guys like Kobe and Jordan instead.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    The problem with the media is that they always try to compare LeBron to guys like Kobe and Jordan instead.
    Because along with those two guys, he's ones of the best two way perimeter players of all-time. Probably the 3 best period. MJ is the standard measuring bar universally, or all-time. Kobe was the bar of the current league. Safe to say LeBron has passed him, even without the same refined footwork, and scoring skill.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Because along with those two guys, he's ones of the best two way perimeter players of all-time. MJ is the standard universally. Kobe was the bar of the current league. Safe to say LeBron has passed him, even without the same refined footwork, and scoring skill
    LeBron will "pass him" when over half of his finals series don't end with him getting outplayed by a role player and then either bailing on his team or publicly deflecting the blame.

LeBron will "pass him" when over half of his finals series don't end with him getting outplayed by a role player and then either bailing on his team or publicly deflecting the blame.
    You're getting Kobe and Lebron confused again. Lebron has NEVER blamed his teammates for a playoff series loss.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    You're getting Kobe and Lebron confused again. Lebron has NEVER blamed his teammates for a playoff series loss.
    Eh, I guess so, but the way he answers everything is always in such a way that takes the pressure completely off of him to perform. It's like the 2011 Finals when some reporter questioned his late game play and he got all pissy and said that "you aren't looking at my defense" or some shit like that while he was clearly playing like shit.

It's a large part of the reason he gets so much media love now. Because of the way he answers everything based on what would personally benefit him the most.

Meanwhile Kobe isn't afraid to throw it all out there and say shit like "A year I don't win a championship is a wasted year of my life" because he can handle the pressure.

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Yea, he has his holes as a player. Or in his mentality. Some strong elements of cowardice too, or his own selfish agenda. But so does Kobe. They're both like two sides of the same coin.

Kobe spent most of his career being an entitled, spoiled douche. Many disliked him. He wasn't confident, he was cocky. A selfish, me first gunner. Whose ultimate agenda was his rank among the game's elite all-time. Every means was justified to him for that end. It wasn't always about winning.

As evidence by his beefs with Shaq, with Phil, with Dwight, and his general playing style. Inability to co-exist with Shaq, an easy route to mulitiple championships, no matter how childish we found out he ultimately is as well was the most tell tale sign of his selfish ahenda. Kobe almost bolted to the Clippers, or Chicago in 2004. Publically pouted and asked to be traded again in 2007. Lakers management always came through for him. It's an attractive destination for players.

LeBron was a coward, felt the pressure to win now, and win as easily as possible. Coupled with Cleveland's inability to get him a solid second option to legitimize the rest of the roster, and their ability to win championships. So he bailed for Miami. Then kind of did it again this summer after that cast became washed up. Sold it to the public under the guise of "coming home".

Kobe was too stubborn to make stuff work with Dwight, which would've allowed him to still compete for championships. As well as taking a max deal, that removed LA's chances for building a roster around him to compete for championships. It leads me to believe Kobe isn't about winning at this point. He's content with his 5 rings, and just wants max money per year, and to gun his way without much team resistance for the 2nd, or All-Time scoring leader. It's a legacy move.

Both Kobe, and LeBron have their strengths, as well as flaws. To praise one over the other for non basketball related issues is stupid, because both of their individual mentalities, even games have flaws. With that said, LeBron is the better player, and will porbably end up having the better resume as well.

Hey Handsome

Top 1 Bball Mind.

He's been better than Kobe has ever been for 5 seasons (09, 10, 12, 13, 14). And pretty much as good as Kobe has ever been since he was 20...

Someone posted a video a while ago of Durant hitting a turnaround step back fadeaway jumper in LeBron's face (kind of, he had LeBron so shook that the shot didn't even get contested), and then LeBron went down on the other end and tried the same move, traveled, lost his balance, almost got blocked, and then airballed the shot.

I wish I could find that video again. It was classic.
    If the above actually happened, you would post it 3x a day and probably have 5 back-up copies of it.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    If the above actually happened, you would post it 3x a day and probably have 5 back-up copies of it.
    When I'm not as busy as I am now, I'll find it and then PM you a link.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    for real looks like that retarded kid on the playground who doesn't understand travelling
    It's about as bad as his "crab dribble" explanation

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Hes better than Kobe for mostly physical reasons...but you dont grade on a curve. Hes just more physically capable in a game where your physical talent makes a difference.

But he isnt Jordan because he doesnt have the skill...and the physical differences dont show because Jordan was able to generate the same excellent shots at an even greater rate due to his explosive first step.

If Kobe didnt have to fall back on difficult shots due to being slower than Jordan and smaller/weaker than Lebron he would at least be better than Lebron. Hes clearly more skilled. Arguably as skilled a scorer as there could be.

But he developed that because he cent just walk past guys like they are standing still or bully his way into the lane and not feel contact.

Lebron is Karl Malone with handles, a jumper and passing off the dribble, and a solid spot up 3.

Kobe is Jordan minus a step, some inches off the vertical, and smaller hands but with an obsessive nature that drove him to develop skills to make up for it.

Kobe could be the most skilled of the 3.

But a physical game demands physical traits.

Kobe is a great athlete.

But athletically....those two are gods in human form.

It matters.

And it shows on defense too. Kobe was at his best...a mean defender...because of determination.

Jordan was just as determined or more so on that end...with better lateral speed, hops, and recovery speed.

Lebron is less determined than either...but hes a bigman with guard quickness so he covers hole in a defense like few ever could.

Again...physical differences decide it in the end.

Kobe cant be Jordan because of athletic ability.

Lebron cant be because of skill.

Nobody else hit the sweet spot yet.
    I think that's probably the best post on the subject I've seen, ever.

I usually hit open layups

2 out of 5 were just him establishing position

Quote Originally Posted by RonSwanson
    2 out of 5 were just him establishing position