Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Shaq has pointed words for Thunder star Russell Westbrook

http://newsok.com/article/5349195

NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal had some pointed words for Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook in an interview with Nola.com, the website for the New Orleans Times Picayune.

O’Neal echoed Thunder players and coach Scott Brooks when he said more sacrificing from Oklahoma City’s roster is vital for the Thunder’s championship hopes. Only he singled out Westbrook.

“In the history of the game, every one-two punch — the one or the two — has to sacrifice and step back. Russell Westbrook don’t step back enough for me,” O’Neal told the website. “At some point, for the betterment of the team, you’ve got to step back. Until Westbrook learns to step back, it may be hard for them. Kevin Durant is the man, but Westbrook is like, ‘I’m getting mine every time. You can’t do it.’”

Speaking truth or Shaqtin a fool?

You be the judge.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Shaq has pointed words for Thunder star Russell Westbrook

Shaq just went through his old quotes from playing with Kobe and just inserted Russell Westbrook's name in there for Kobe.
    Last edited by SOD 21; 10-07-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Um I agree

Shaq is right you know...

Any bias for Shaq aside, I can't be the only one watching Thunder games in the postseason and thinking to myself,

"Westbrook, why the hell did you just jack up that three with time on the shotclock when you have KD wide open over there?"

or

"Is this guy seriously trying to answer to something KD did a second ago to prove that he is also important to the team?"

or

"No... just no... you are talented beyond belief, but you are not playing to yours or your teams strengths and if you lose this series it will be because of you."

He is amazing, but I get the sense that he plays like a child. Like that kid you play pickup ball with who does stupid stuff and you end up yelling, "YOU'RE NOT JORDAN!" at him as you run back on D...

Look at Ibaka. Dude is talented too, but you don't get the feeling like he is trying too hard. He helps his team because of his play. Westbrook, being more talented, could help his team even more if he played with a similiar mindset.

TL;DR
    Westbrook needs to believe he is the second option but not feel like that makes him any less awesome.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    I believe Shaq just went through his old quotes from playing with Kobe and just inserted Russell Westbrook's name in there for Kobe.
    Expect we won three straight though. Honest mistake on your part, don't worry about it.

Kobe and Shaq sacrificed both their games. IT just didn't last.

And Shaq is speaking from past mistakes on his and Kobe's part.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Expect we won three straight though. Honest mistake on your part, don't worry about it.

Kobe and Shaq sacrificed both their games. IT just didn't last.

And Shaq is speaking from past mistakes on his and Kobe's part.

I dont think Shaq sacrificed anything while a Laker, he was the focal point...Kobe had to step back as far as being option 1. as far as it not lasting, that's on Kobe. had he remained option 1b or 2, Lakers were going for many years further.

as Shaq aged, Kobe would of gotten his limelight (figure 2006 going forward)...Kobe just wanted it early and it cost him heavily those few years

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    I dont think Shaq sacrificed anything while a Laker, he was the focal point...Kobe had to step back as far as being option 1. as far as it not lasting, that's on Kobe. had he remained option 1b or 2, Lakers were going for many years further.

as Shaq aged, Kobe would of gotten his limelight (figure 2006 going forward)...Kobe just wanted it early and it cost him heavily those few years
    They sacrificed for each other depending on match ups. Shaq would be the focal point against some teams, Kobe others.

Of course, this is only after Kobe developed into a legit superstar.

Shaqs an idiot. I'm surprised he can even put a sentence together. Dude needs to be castrated asap yo. #Idiot

Oh everyone is agreeing now, but back in June Durant was absolutely shook and threw bricks up in the playoffs, and Westbrook saved them multiple times..

Shaq wanted a multi year, 30mil+ a year contract from the Lakers in 2004, and he wasn't going to negotiate it.
    Nobody who's right in their mind would pay such money for a declining Shaq, who was practically nothing on defense but a big body by then, quite a few times looked like he just stopped caring.
    It's not just on Kobe, Shaq was incredibly childish and egoistic, even Phil admitted that recently
    Last edited by SexSymbol; 10-07-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    They sacrificed for each other depending on match ups. Shaq would be the focal point against some teams, Kobe others.

Of course, this is only after Kobe developed into a legit superstar.

you're talking a very skewed match-up comparison though...there was may be 3-4 centers (if lucky) that actually gave Shaq a hard time

i don't deny the Lakers switched it up and had Kobe 1a, but it wasn't as profound as your statement would indicate

Banned

What did Kobe have to do with Shaq screaming at the owner to pay him, on the court, during a game? Or his askiing for a large salary that the owner didnt want to pay?

Shaq gets traded to Miami accepts less money per year than he wanted. Then also structures that contract to help the team, when he never was willing to do it for the Lakers.

Shaq has literally burned bridges every time he left teams..

Shaq hated Kobe
    Shaq bad mouthed D Wade after leaving Miami
    Shaq ended in bad terms with Nash

Etc..

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    What did Kobe have to do with Shaq screaming at the owner to pay him, on the court, during a game? Or his askiing for a large salary that the owner didnt want to pay?

Shaq gets traded to Miami accepts less money per year than he wanted. Then also structures that contract to help the team, when he never was willing to do it for the Lakers.

Shaq has literally burned bridges every time he left teams..

Shaq hated Kobe
    Shaq bad mouthed D Wade after leaving Miami
    Shaq ended in bad terms with Nash

Etc..
    literally?

Step back and watch Durant do what exactly?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    literally?
    Quite So. He burned them down to ashes. It was on the news.