Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Can Love win FMVP?

People really need to stop acting like the Heat is not capable of returning to the Finals. The Bulls, given the Pacers situation, is second in the East with a healthy Rose and a contributing Gasol. But this notion that a 33 win team is suddenly going to beat the Heat when their main pieces haven't played together, under a system yet to be tested in the NBA is moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    People really need to stop acting like the Heat is not capable of returning to the Finals. The Bulls, given the Pacers situation, is second in the East with a healthy Rose and a contributing Gasol. But this notion that a 33 win team is suddenly going to beat the Heat when their main pieces haven't played together, under a system yet to be tested in the NBA is moronic.
    Damn, you ruined an otherwise decent post by adding "33 win team".

You just couldn't resist.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Who said the Heat are not capable of returning to the Finals? It all depends on Wade's condition, imo. If he can return to his pre-LeBron form, they'll be a b!tch for every team in the league. If he's a shell of that player, they'll still be a solid team, but probably won't be coming out of the East.

I won't pretend to have any idea what to expect out of Wade, just like I don't know what to expect out of Rose.

But, let's not pretend as if this incarnation of the Cavaliers has anything in common with the 2013-14 roster, other than Irving, Waiters, Varejao and Thompson. Those are the only guys who played really meaningful minutes last year who will be a factor this season, and they just so happen to be the best four players from that team (three of which are 22 and 23 years old, respectively). The Cavs were probably going to continue improving even without the additions. They were +12 in wins last year from the previous season... and that was after the Bynum debacle and Mike Brown not exactly meshing with his players.

So, you have three talented young players who are still improving, a good bigman who happens to play very well alongside James and you're adding the best player in the league, another Top 5-10 player, and completely revamping the bench... and then putting a highly regarded coach in place.

You don't have to believe in the Cavs, but pointing to their record last year is totally inconsequential.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

This would straight up be a nightmare for me. Good thing it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    True. Over in the OTC I always fell for jokes that were supposed to be sarcastic and now I get clowned somtimes , but it's all good.
    Because you're retarded

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Who said the Heat are not capable of returning to the Finals? It all depends on Wade's condition, imo. If he can return to his pre-LeBron form, they'll be a b!tch for every team in the league. If he's a shell of that player, they'll still be a solid team, but probably won't be coming out of the East.

I won't pretend to have any idea what to expect out of Wade, just like I don't know what to expect out of Rose.

But, let's not pretend as if this incarnation of the Cavaliers has anything in common with the 2013-14 roster, other than Irving, Waiters, Varejao and Thompson. Those are the only guys who played really meaningful minutes last year who will be a factor this season, and they just so happen to be the best four players from that team (three of which are 22 and 23 years old, respectively). The Cavs were probably going to continue improving even without the additions. They were +12 in wins last year from the previous season... and that was after the Bynum debacle and Mike Brown not exactly meshing with his players.

So, you have three talented young players who are still improving, a good bigman who happens to play very well alongside James and you're adding the best player in the league, another Top 5-10 player, and completely revamping the bench... and then putting a highly regarded coach in place.

You don't have to believe in the Cavs, but pointing to their record last year is totally inconsequential.
    That is still 4 pieces that you expect to have a major hand in defeating the Heat--4 pieces who could only manage to win 33 games in the "weakest conference of all-time" though.

The only net positive the Cavs may have gotten in the off season was Love as the Cavs new coach is really untested, and ISH has repeatedly stated that "Lebron ball" is detrimental to team success. I don't think the rest of the additions in the off season will overcome the deficit that you had considering the talent that was lost in the off season.

No question that Cavs would have improved even without the drastic overhaul. As you said, the team was young and having Love will certainly increase the win total. But I have a hard time seeing how that improvement would unseat the 4 time conference champions-- who probably got better in the off season.

The Cavs are not a 33 win team this year, but they certainly should not be favorites in a conference with a healthy Wade and Bosh playing in Miami either.
    Last edited by FLDFSU; 10-07-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    This would straight up be a nightmare for me. Good thing it will never happen.
    If the Cavaliers win the title, why does it matter who wins Finals MVP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    If the Cavaliers win the title, why does it matter who wins Finals MVP ?
    Andrew Wiggins supporters.

I know its just 4-7 games, its not completely impossible..... but i really doubt it will happen, i dont see him outproducing Lebron playing next to Lebron especially not when it will be his first playoffs & finals competition / appearance....

If Cedric Maxwell and Tony Parker can win over Larry Bird and Tim Duncan then yes Kevin Love can win FMVP as well.

That is still 4 pieces that you expect to have a major hand in defeating the Heat--4 pieces who could only manage to win 33 games in the "weakest conference of all-time" though.

The only net positive the Cavs may have gotten in the off season was Love as the Cavs new coach is really untested, and ISH has repeatedly stated that "Lebron ball" is detrimental to team success. I don't think the rest of the additions in the off season will overcome the deficit that you had considering the talent that was lost in the off season.

No question that Cavs would have improved even without the drastic overhaul. As you said, the team was young and having Love will certainly increase the win total. But I have a hard time seeing how that improvement would unseat the 4 time conference champions-- who probably got better in the off season.

The Cavs are not a 33 win team this year, but they certainly should not be favorites in a conference with a healthy Wade and Bosh playing in Miami either.
    It seems like you're really underestimating the effect Lebron has on teams. No way the Heat got better in the off season; nothing they could do this summer would offset losing the best player in the game.

Heat were a 54 win team last year with Lebron; take Lebron off that team and they'll undoubtedly fall a bit.

Given their improving young core, I don't see it as unreasonable to expect 40+ wins out of the Cavs this year - pre Lebron and Love. Add to that - arguably - the best PF in the league, as well as the best player in the game. I don't see how the Cavs aren't the favorite to come out of the East this year. I guess you could argue new player chemistry issues, but they're easily the most talented team.

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

nobody understands that this guy is being sarcastic??
    the dude has been mindraped by everyone downplaying Lebrons effect on the heat team last year and it's transformed him into this incarnation of troll

Everyone can have a hot series and be the FMVP, the chances increase when you are good as Love and Kyrie but I still would bet on Lebron getting it if the Cavs do win

NBA rookie of the year

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

the spurs will repeat,cavs no chance