Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default I guess we're going to act like Andrew Wiggins isn't playing tonight

Default Re: I guess we're going to act like Andrew Wiggins isn't playing tonight

Who?

Default Re: I guess we're going to act like Andrew Wiggins isn't playing tonight

0-3 so far, and just took an awkward fade away from like 5 feet out. It's still pre season, but he sometimes doesn't have good instinct around the basket.

He is garbage!

Wiggins just made a 3. It's halftime and he has 7 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 block on 1/4 shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Wiggins just made a 3. It's halftime and he has 7 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 block on 1/4 shooting.
    So far (summer league and college) his jumper has looked a lot better than his finishing and ability under the basket, which is a bit ironic considering most people would think such an athletic player would be a finisher who struggles with shooting.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Wiggins at KU was most definitely not that good a finisher unless he's dunking on people. Don't know where people made that connection unless high level athlete at the rim = naturally gifted finisher.

Wiggins just made a nice turnaround jumper

Andrew Wiggins' statline right now - 12 pts, 3 rbs, 2 asts, and 1 blk on 50% shooting in nearly 20 minutes of action. Not bad

He'll get better. I think he will be kinda like TMac, it took him a couple of seasons to blossom. Whereas Parker is more NBA ready but time will tell which one will be better.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Wiggins looked good to me. His potential is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    He'll get better. I think he will be kinda like TMac, it took him a couple of seasons to blossom. Whereas Parker is more NBA ready but time will tell which one will be better.
    His slashes to the rim are very quick and he covers a lot of space. Additionally, his step back jumper looks like it's 1-2 years away from being absolutely a go to move - almost potentially Kobesque. He's even looked a lot more assertive tonight than almost anytime during college (obviously outside the 40 point game)

The one concern I would have would be the finishing, just because not many players come to mind when I try to think of any guys that improved their finishing dramatically throughout their career.

All in all though, the potential is obviously there. He has a poor shooting night and still puts up 18 points (2-2 on 3s and 8-10 FT), so despite most not thinking he's NBA ready, I do think he'll still be able to change a couple games even in his rookie year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

kid has small hands - hurts his touch and finishing ability bigtime around the basket.

his footwork is mediocre too... he's better than perry jones though.

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

Where is Anthony Bennett?

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LilEddyCurry
    Where is Anthony Bennett?
    right hip flexor strain