Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: The suffocating defense starting five

Mike Conley is so underrated that he wasn't even mentioned. Great defender who steals a lot of balls.

ISH's 1st Embiid Stan AboutBuckets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Mike Conley is so underrated that he wasn't even mentioned. Great defender who steals a lot of balls.
    Agreed. Really shined during these last playoffs

He was the first person I saw when I saw OP's post.

However, for "suffocating" defense I actually think Beverley is a better choice. Conley might be the better overall defender, Beverley is the better pressure defender.

Hinrich
    T.Allen
    Luc Richard Mbah A Moute (best defender in the NBA)
    Davis
    Noah

Banned

How about a worst defensive current starting five?
    Last edited by outbreak; 10-08-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Heavincent, KobesFinger, Aboutbuckets

Kawhi is a great SF defender, Butler is a great SF defender, Iguodala is a great SF defender, Paul Goerge........... but Lebron is a great PG-SG-SF-PF (and even some Centers) defender....... only Pippen was that versatile in nba history (and he is regarded as the best allround defender of all time because of it)..... the only thing that stops Lebron from giving 110% effort on the defensive end the entire time is because of some of the energy that needs to carry the load on offense aswell (which also is larger than anybody elses)... but when he flips that switch, which he does when it matters, its a beauty to watch, its a defensive level & tenacity ive never seen Kawhi, Paul, Butler or Iggy EVER reach... all they have right now is just more energy than Lebron on defense due to lack of what they have to do on offense, especially someone like Butler.......

But then again, considering your opinions are as such due to being Lebron cynics.... im talking to a wall....

Quote Originally Posted by pauk

Kawhi is a great SF defender, Butler is a great SF defender, Iguodala is a great SF defender, Paul Goerge........... but Lebron is a great PG-SG-SF-PF (and even some Centers) defender....... only Pippen was that versatile in nba history (and he is regarded as the best allround defender of all time because of it)..... the only thing that stops Lebron from giving 110% effort on the defensive end the entire time is because of some of the energy that needs to carry the load on offense aswell (which also is larger than anybody elses)... but when he flips that switch, which he does when it matters, its a beauty to watch, its a defensive level & tenacity ive never seen Kawhi, Paul, Butler or Iggy EVER reach... all they have right now is just more energy than Lebron on defense due to lack of what they have to do on offense, especially someone like Butler.......

But then again, considering your opinions are as such due to being Lebron cynics.... im talking to a wall....
    lol

ISH's 1st Embiid Stan AboutBuckets's Avatar

Lmao I don't have nearly enough posts for you to think you have a handle on my player preferences, don't lump me into groups with people who are labeled anti's/stans/whatever dumb shit this site's social scene revolves around

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    lol
    Thats it? Please, help me out then so i can lol aswell, explain to me rationally WHY anything there is "lolish".... until you can do that you are just a sour Lebron cynic who refuses to accept his defensive capability, with PROOF to boot....

Thats it? Please, help me out then so i can lol aswell, explain to me rationally WHY anything there is "lolish".... until you can do that you are just a sour Lebron cynic who refuses to accept his defensive capability, with PROOF to boot....
    Alright, to start of, there was no proof, just random rumbling that I've heard from ESPN level experts countless times.
    Iguodala can guard 4 positions the same as LeBron can guard 4, just like Lebron can occasionally stay in front of a PG, Iguadala can occasionally push a PF out from the block. And he defends 100% full game, with his full energy output.
    Change the name LeBron into Kobe and read your post once again, then think if it really doesn't just look like a complete kiss-ass post.

Pippen couldn't guard 4 positions full time, smaller PGs burned his ass on drives. He got that rep as a PG stopper from playing good defense on Magic.
    LeBron can't do it either, he got that rep while guarding Rose in the 4th quarters and that defense often had to be double-teaming while just a year ago Rose was burning his ass 1x1 while LeBron was still on the Cavs.

Great defender no doubt, but if he can be at a level that Leonard, Butler, George, Iguodala stay the whole game at, for just a short time, he's not half the defender they are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Noah got his shit pushed in by Nene. I'd take Dwight over him defensively.
    True

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

I've seen him play live. James Johnson also was pretty good in his limited minutes, saw a game of the Grizzles vs Knicks sometime in December last year.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Steve nash -pg
    James harden - sg
    Lebron james - sf
    Bargani -pf
    Doris bourke - c

Apparently James can defend every spot. So theres no penetrating this teams