Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
       

Default Re: Nets 2014-2015 Game Discussion Thread

i don't mind losing to my favorite player all-time, i just want the nets to work on their sets, teamwork, communication and all that stuff. if this loss lights a fire under their asses, then the infancy of a new season is a perfect time for that to happen IMO.

   

well this is getting pretty shaky. not just the losing streak, brook's slow pace and accusations of selfishness, but now the AK47 situation...

if kirilenko decided to sit out and wait for a trade / buyout, that makes he, king and prokhy look silly.

if he's healthy as the team claims and hollins hasn't found minutes for him yet, that makes hollins look rather sketchy, especially since defense is still a problem for this team.

if AK47 is truly done at the NBA level, why is he still with the team after all this time? that makes the nets look clueless and directionless.

any way you slice it... not good.

He looked slow in the preseason and is a huge liability on offense from what I saw during preseason. But can't judge him too much from just preseason. I mean players practice too so maybe Hollins is seeing something in the practices too. Who knows

The minutes he played this year, he didn't look good at all. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I think AK is one of those players that legit fits in almost any system in the league (imagine him on the Spurs..). I'm not sure why Hollins hasn't given him more chances to prove that he still has some left in the tank, but he's the coach and he sees the players practice every day. Maybe he sees something we don't.

It's strange that the Nets are discussing a trade where they send out Karasev, a 2nd rd pick and Kirilenko for a worse 2nd rd pick. Unless they really are in cost cutting mode. Hard to figure out what is going on there unless it's more cost cutting?

   

the brooklyn game has a whole article explaining the trade. check it out.

the disappointing thing is that once again the org seems to be going in different directions. as in, one faction made a point about picking up karasev just a couple months ago, but hollins (and whoever else) is going in the opposite direction. or changed their minds, whatever. familiar story, eh...?

btw agreed about the logic of the 'practice' theory for AK47. still depressing, tho. another star player whose game expired right before we got him, apparently.

   

I think I was wrong about karasev. more like the sixers are being obligatory bishes and asking for someone they have no right to.

but I'm still very uncool about giving up a draft pick for a trade exception. (did you read the article, niko?)

last year we were told 'money meant nothing to this owner', now the team has flirted with being for sale and is apparently cutting costs here and there... as if money is a... major issue. and in the midst of a mediocre season, who gives a fluff about a trade exception anyway?
    Last edited by gigantes; 11-23-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    I think I was wrong about karasev. more like the sixers are being obligatory bishes and asking for someone they have no right to.

but I'm still very uncool about giving up a draft pick for a trade exception. (did you read the article, niko?)

last year we were told 'money meant nothing to this owner', now the team has flirted with being for sale and is apparently cutting costs here and there... as if money is a... major issue. and in the midst of a mediocre season, who gives a fluff about a trade exception anyway?
    I'm hearing more teams have emerged as possible trade partners for the Nets. One trade involving the Jazz giving up rarely used Jeremy Evans and Toure Murray for ak47

   

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    I'm hearing more teams have emerged as possible trade partners for the Nets. One trade involving the Jazz giving up rarely used Jeremy Evans and Toure Murray for ak47
    yea it's suddenly making a lot more sense... phew!

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    yea it's suddenly making a lot more sense... phew!
    Yeah neither of them are anything special but it's better than giving up a pick plus Ak for a trade exception.

I've been banned by Netsdaily on twitter for saying Ferguson riots aren't similar to the civil rights movement riots. I'm thinking maybe he just banned everyone who disagreed with him because some people were being really rude and i just got lumped in.

Isola and Netsdaily have blocked me, both for pretty innocuous things.

   

way to contribute, bro!

So I was in attendance at Philadelphia and man those 6er fans got loud when they went up.. Gotta love their passion even for the worst team in the league.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    So I was in attendance at Philadelphia and man those 6er fans got loud when they went up.. Gotta love their passion even for the worst team in the league.
    hehe, we philadelphians also just like to cut loose and get a bit rowdy. we're not really searching for deep excuses.

ever hear about how we threw batteries at a cowboy's WR and booed santa claus at NFL games?

one of the most beloved teams in philly were the mid 70's flyers, who won two NHL trophies. their identity? being bullies... i kid you not.

What do you think of Hollins? I don't blame him for the losing, but he seems to have alienated JJ and have very little use for Lopez and Plumlee. That seems problematic going forward, even with better results.