Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron just lost major points in my book (and got owned).

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    [COLOR="Red"]that is like me asking you to prove that ferrari makes a faster car than mazda[/COLOR]...can you prove it?....all the reviews say that ferrari's are faster....am I dumb for assumiong they are correct?

I never said Nike's are worth the $150 price tag....I know that they are over-priced....but I am going to assume from the price and reviews that they are better quality than the Starburys...I guess I am a fool for that?

what's funny is that you know deep down that the Nike's are better quailty...you just can't bring yourself to say it...if you had to bet your life on which shoe gives you more support, has more padding, and lasts longer you would pick the Lebron's...don't tell me otherwise
    Not really considering people race cars at tracks so everyone can actually see which car is faster.

shhhhhhh

that article made it pretty clear that Marbury signed with Steve and Barry...not teamed up or used...
    yes his company signed a contract with them to be the exclusive retailler of his line of shoes and clothing... they may even be share holders in the company (probably are) but it was his baby from the start

that article made it pretty clear that Marbury signed with Steve and Barry...[COLOR="Red"]not teamed up [/COLOR]or used...
    "Marbury [COLOR="Red"]teamed up [/COLOR]with discount retailer Steve & Barry's University Sportswear, which will exclusively sell the line. The [COLOR="Red"]partnership [/COLOR]is a dream team come true for both parties."

What?

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    yes his company signed a contract with them to be the exclusive retailler of his line of shoes and clothing... they may even be share holders in the company (probably are) but it was his baby from the start
    that may be true...I don't know...but it sounds to me like it isn't his baby anymore.

neither one of us owns a copy of the contract though...

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr
    "Marbury [COLOR="Red"]teamed up [/COLOR]with discount retailer Steve & Barry's University Sportswear, which will exclusively sell the line. The [COLOR="Red"]partnership [/COLOR]is a dream team come true for both parties."

What?
    lol...ok it did use the term "teamed up"...but they mean like "jordan teamed up with Nike"...

they go on to say that Steve and Barry signed him....not the other way around...

you guys make it seam as though Marbury highered them to distribute his shoes...

-primetime-

Not really considering people race cars at tracks so everyone can actually see which car is faster.
    and once people start playing with those shoes everyday it will be the same

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Wow, this thread is outta control.

LeBron values money more than trying to help people, and Starbury vice versa. Choose whether or not you are selfish and ignorant, and that's the side you're on.

Starbury = my new #4 favorite player, maybe #1 favorite off court.

and once people start playing with those shoes everyday it will be the same
    You do know people play with those shoes already right?

Quote Originally Posted by tpcslj47
    Wow, this thread is outta control.

LeBron values money more than trying to help people, and Starbury vice versa. Choose whether or not you are selfish and ignorant, and that's the side you're on.

Starbury = my new #4 favorite player, [COLOR="Red"]maybe #1 favorite off court[/COLOR].
    My #1 favorite player off the court has to be Deke.

-primetime-

the whole piont of the ownership thing was in what Marbury said...but the truth is that just like Lebron he is under contract with that shoe and is forced to wear them for this season and the next...he is being owned by Steve and Barry.....partners or not

Everytime I play basketball, I play in Pumas. When I was in Middle School, I'd wear Pumas. Puma Roma in fact.

Pumas have gotten me through basketball. I tried the Nike Shox one time and ended up with severe foot pain. I tried Nike's, Reebok's, but never liked them. I don't know what kind though, I just know they are Nike's, I honestly don't care what kind of shoe I play basketball with, as long as I'm playing I'm happy.

-primetime-

You do know people play with those shoes already right?
    yeah but I could only find 2 reviews...(both awful)

how long have they been out?

yeah but I could only find [COLOR="Red"]2 reviews[/COLOR]...(both awful)

how long have they been out?
    Yes bc everyone buys shoes and post a review online about them.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    Everytime I play basketball, I play in Pumas. When I was in Middle School, I'd wear Pumas. Puma Roma in fact.

Pumas have gotten me through basketball. I tried the Nike Shox one time and ended up with severe foot pain. I tried Nike's, Reebok's, but never liked them. I don't know what kind though, I just know they are Nike's, I honestly don't care what kind of shoe I play basketball with, as long as I'm playing I'm happy.
    Here is one review about Nike and Reebok that is awful. I know it is only one review but I think I can take their word for it. I would know for sure if I found two reviews bc that is like twice as many as one.

-primetime-

Yes bc everyone buys shoes and post a review online about them.
    so not very long then?