Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    -primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Lebron just lost major points in my book (and got owned).

I am not trying to say that Nikes are worth the $150 dollar price or anything like that...I am just trying to prove that they are better than the Starburys

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    You can't buy them here in Europe. I'm currently looking to buy 2 or 3 pais at ebay. Just the regular ones. White, Black and maybe the white/baby blue ones. Great stuff, you can buy 3 pairs of shoes and spend only 60 bucks. Not sure if I'll use them to play ball. They look good enough to wear casually too.
    Don't buy them off eBay. What size do u wear? Paypal me and I'll scoop u up some this weekend and send them to you, make a private ebay auction and we can both get a feedback out of it. *******s on eBay selling the stuff for 4x the price are totally defeating the whole purpose.

The Cyclones, the New Balance lookalike ones, are cool as hell but stay sold out in a 13 or else I'd swoop them up in a second. I did get the boots though

God

Quote Originally Posted by -idiottime-
    20 bucks
    Where did you get this number from? Are you just reading the lucky numbers from a fortune cookie, and posting them as prices on ISH. Give me a source for this -idiottime-.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
    WHY THE **** DO YOU KEEP USING BIG FONT @$$HOLE?

You're precious Nikes are made FOR LESS THAN $15! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT MORON? NIKE JUST PUTS HIGH PRICES ON THEY'RE SHOES BECAUSE RETARDED PEOPLE LIKE YOU THINK "HIGH PRICE = GOOD QUALITY!"
    I never said that....ever

I just said that I am sure the Nike Lebron's are higher quality than the Starburys...that is all

and the real question here still should be "did Lebron make that comment with a straight face or not"...

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    THEY ARE $15 FU-CKING DOLLARS...THAT IS ALL THE PROOF I NEED

if you think that Marbury somehow was able to create the ferrari of all basketball shoes for that price then you have your head shoved up your ass...

show me a good review of those shoes...how about that?
    Nike shoes cost about $5 bucks to make........and a couple of bucks in labor cost. The freaking sales tax you pay on the shoe alone comes out to 2x more than the shoe cost to make and is more than the people that make the shoe get paid in a week

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lorma.../nike101-4.htm

http://www.irregulartimes.com/nike.html

and LeBron has the gall to say Nike holds themselves to a "higher standard"..........please.

People that wear Nikes are getting take to the bank.
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 03-29-2007 at 07:32 PM.

-primetime-

Where did you get this number from? Are you just reading the lucky numbers from a fortune cookie, and posting them as prices on ISH. Give me a source for this -idiottime-.
    from the guy who posted about the creation process of Nike shoes earlier in this thread...I will take his word for it...

it allso costs millions to make the molds as well as the design process of the shoe...there is more to the cost than the slave labor...

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    Nike shoes cost about a $1.25 to make........thats incuding LABOR cost. The freaking sales tax you pay on the shoe alone comes out to 10x more than the shoe cost to make and is more than the people that make the shoe get paid in a week

http://www.irregulartimes.com/nike.html

People that wear Nikes are getting take to the bank.
    that "is" the labor cost...

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    Don't buy them off eBay. What size do u wear? Paypal me and I'll scoop u up some this weekend and send them to you, make a private ebay auction and we can both get a feedback out of it. *******s on eBay selling the stuff for 4x the price are totally defeating the whole purpose.

The Cyclones, the New Balance lookalike ones, are cool as hell but stay sold out in a 13 or else I'd swoop them up in a second. I did get the boots though
    Would be great I'll get back at you asap, I wear 10.5. I'll pm you tomorrow (size, model etc)

Thanks!

God

from the guy who posted about the creation process of Nike shoes earlier in this thread...I will take his word for it...

it allso costs millions to make the molds as well as the design process of the shoe...there is more to the cost than the slave labor...
    Thats you're problem. You're just taking Nike's word for it, that they are better. I don't give a **** how much a mold cost. They make that back 5x in one month. I you show me proof that the Nike's are any better than the STarbury's, then I will believe you.

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

that "is" the labor cost...
    I know its the labor cost.

College superstar

what country do u live in too? A shoebox wears about 3lbs when u think about shipping too

-primetime-

Thats you're problem. You're just taking Nike's word for it, that they are better. I don't give a **** how much a mold cost. They make that back 5x in one month. I you show me proof that the Nike's are any better than the STarbury's, then I will believe you.
    that is like me asking you to prove that ferrari makes a faster car than mazda...can you prove it?....all the reviews say that ferrari's are faster....am I dumb for assumiong they are correct?

I never said Nike's are worth the $150 price tag....I know that they are over-priced....but I am going to assume from the price and reviews that they are better quality than the Starburys...I guess I am a fool for that?

what's funny is that you know deep down that the Nike's are better quailty...you just can't bring yourself to say it...if you had to bet your life on which shoe gives you more support, has more padding, and lasts longer you would pick the Lebron's...don't tell me otherwise

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    I know its the labor cost.
    ok well they don't really costs $1.25 to make....that is just the cost of labor

you have to add in the cost of design (millions)
    materials
    shipping
    ect.

I am sure it ends up to be close to $20

God

that is like me asking you to prove that ferrari makes a faster car than mazda...can you prove it?....all the reviews say that ferrari's are faster....am I dumb for assumiong they are correct?

I never said Nike's are worth the $150 price tag....I know that they are over-priced....but I am going to assume from the price and reviews that they are better quality than the Starburys...I guess I am a fool for that?

what's funny is that you know deep down that the Nike's are better quailty...you just can't bring yourself to say it...if you had to bet your life on which shoe gives you more support, has more padding, and lasts longer you would pick the Lebron's...don't tell me otherwise
    You say "all the reviews" when you posted one link dumbass. I bet I could find tons of links saying that Nike makes crap shoes too.

And stop using cars as a comparison. The price and publicity comparision doesn't work on other things. I'll use gum as an example. You could buy Stride for $1.50 or SHopRite gum for $.75. In the end, its ****ing gum. Same thing here, in the end, they're still shoes. I'd like scientific proof that Nike is any better than Starbury, not some clown with an internet connection and a blog that you found on google.

God

ok well they don't really costs $1.25 to make....that is just the cost of labor

you have to add in the cost of design (millions)
    materials
    shipping
    ect.

I am sure it ends up to be close to $20
    No, the materials are below $5, the shipping is low since they are transported in large bulk amounts. ANd what is "etc"? Couldn't think of anything else, so you just put "etc"? It all comes out to less than $10.