Jerry
    Karl
    Chuck
    Robinson
    Lebron
    DrJ
    Wade

get outta here

How many of those guys have 8 rings and an FMVP behind their name. Wades got one but Pippen > Wade

and Hondo > Pippen

Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs. John Havlicek

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    get outta here

How many of those guys have 8 rings and an FMVP behind their name. Wades got one but Pippen > Wade

and Hondo > Pippen
    Wade is way better than Pippen WTF u smokin
    he has 8 rings b/c he played on stacked teams and most of the time he wasnt the best player and even the 2nd best on others
    Tony Parker has a FMVP and 4 rings...........so hes better than Wade and Pippen right

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Wade is way better than Pippen WTF u smokin
    he has 8 rings b/c he played on stacked teams
    Russell said he was the greatest all around player he ever saw.

But I guess Bill Russell wasn't that good either since he played on stacked teams. Sam Jones wasn't that good, he just played on stacked teams. None of those Celtics were actually good, they just played on stacked teams

and most of the time he wasnt the best player and even the 2nd best on others
    Tony Parker has a FMVP and 4 rings...........so hes better than Wade and Pippen right

No he isn't but John Havlicek is. He played with Russell for 6 years. Then won two more rings without him so your argument doesn't even make sense.

Russell said he was the greatest all around player he ever saw.

But I guess Bill Russell wasn't that good either since he played on stacked teams. Sam Jones wasn't that good, he just played on stacked teams. None of those Celtics were actually good, they just played on stacked teams
    hes good and so is sam. Not top 20 good thats reserved for players who can actually make dominant impact as the man. Hondo is top 50 tho. Sam Jones top 100

No he isn't but John Havlicek is. He played with Russell for 6 years. Then won two more rings without him so your argument doesn't even make sense.
    Cowens was considered better than Hondo
    he is a Paul Pierce level player

hes good and so is sam. Not top 20 good thats reserved for players who can actually make dominant impact as the man. Hondo is top 50 tho. Sam Jones top 100
    Alright that's fair. I never said personally that he was a top 20 GOAT, just that I'd take him over Pippen.

Alright that's fair. I never said personally that he was a top 20 GOAT, just that I'd take him over Pippen.
    I see Hondo as a top 20 player. He'll probably pushed out eventually, but for now I don't see 20 players that were clearly better.

For one, GOAT status factors:

Talent
    Longevity being great
    Numbers
    Solo accolades
    Team Accolades
    Impact on the L (redefining a position, face of the league, box office, etc)

When u look at my criteria, Hondo as IT ALL IN SPADES!! In terms of talent, he was point forward caliber, a lockdown defender, AND an alpha dog level scorer. Hondo could actually play AND defend PG, SG, and SF if needed. That had NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE in the NBA from a SF. So that aspect covers my impact because he redefined the SF position.

In terms of numbers, he has 26,395 points, 6114 dimes, and 8007 rebounds. That indicates tremendous versatility and skills level. The only guy who can top that AND PROVIDE lockdown D is Bron! I'm sure Bron will eclipse those numbers, but Bron and Hondo are in a class of their own among forwards in that realm. Think about that, ONLY TWO SF'S EVER will have those numbers AND were lockdown defenders!

Solo and team accolades were already mentioned brilliantly by the OP. So with all this going for him, how could Hondo NOT BE a top 15-20 player and top 4 GOAT SF! Peak value is only PART OF THE EQUATION!! U have to look at the ENTIRE RESUME FOR GOAT! Because peak value wise, T-Mac is a top 4 SG of all time in my book. But GOAT wise, u can't put him up that high. Guys like Robinson, Barkley, Malone, Isiah, etc. were all beasts. But Hondo's total resume trumps them. If u think they were better peak wise then cool! But GOAT is the most valuable list and Hondo has them beat QUITE FRANKLY!!!
    Last edited by bizil; 10-11-2014 at 12:15 AM.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Absurd to think Havlicek and Jones were not totally, ferociously dominant.