Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default the overlooked leadership of Kobe Bryant - actually making your teammates better

[QUOTE]

Default Re: the overlooked leadership of Kobe Bryant - actually making your teammates better

Working his magic by telling dude that he isn't fit to speak to him until he racks up some accolades?

Default Re: the overlooked leadership of Kobe Bryant - actually making your teammates better

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    Kobe molding Lin and working his magic the way he did with players like Smush, Sasha, Luke walton, etc, turning them into legitimate NBA players. I'm looking for Lin to propel to top 10 PG this season under Kobe's tutelage.

This is what people should talk about when they through around phrases like "making teammates better". stop conflating that concept with assist totals because its something else entirely.
    So let me get this straight... you are trying to convince people that Kobe is a great mentor who makes his teammates better, and you are using these players as evidence of that?

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

im really interestd to see how he rubs off on wes johnson this season(pretty sure hes taken him under his wing in practice and the two constantly run drills together). i see the two of them having a great connection/pairing this year and will really play well off each other. and good god, does wes need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    So let me get this straight... you are trying to convince people that Kobe is a great mentor who makes his teammates better, and you are using these players as evidence of that?
    Those names are just partial list of players who had their best years playing with Kobe and struggled to even stay in the league without Kobe

look at Odom or Gasol for what Kobe is able to do with talented but underachieving players.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Kobe molding Lin and working his magic the way he did with players like Smush, Sasha, Luke walton, etc, turning them into legitimate NBA players. I'm looking for Lin to propel to top 10 PG this season under Kobe's tutelage.

This is what people should talk about when they through around phrases like "making teammates better". stop conflating that concept with assist totals because its something else entirely.
    If you say so....

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    im really interestd to see how he rubs off on wes johnson this season(pretty sure hes taken him under his wing in practice and the two constantly run drills together). i see the two of them having a great connection/pairing this year and will really play well off each other. and good god, does wes need it.
    I see Wes Johnson blossoming into that two way wing role ala Paul George cerca fall 2013

Kobe won two rings with Luke and Sasha as regular rotation players, so yeah. He obviously does make his teammates better, like any all time great.

Yup, I'm surprised stats weren't brought up as well, though, they'll be easily used the other way around.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Kobe won two rings with Luke and Sasha as regular rotation players, so yeah. He obviously does make his teammates better, like any all time great.
    exactly this..

Kobe won 2 rings with Luke Walton being the 2nd guy off the bench ffs

Those names are just partial list of players who had their best years playing with Kobe and struggled to even stay in the league without Kobe

look at Odom or Gasol for what Kobe is able to do with talented but underachieving players.
    no doubt

Lakers trade Odom - never the same
    Lakers trade Bynum - from all-star starter to not playing one game in Philly (bowling accident? ) to playing average in Cleveland
    Kobe plays his heart out in 2013, carries the team to the Playoffs and goes down - historically swept and embarrassed against the Spurs in the POs
    Kobe tries to come back, gets injured in 2013-14 season - worst Lakers record since the 70s

How you gonna tell me Kobe don't make teams/teammates better, when the proof is there? He made guys careers. Luke, Sasha, Farmar, Fisher, Odom, Gasol and Bynum should forever be grateful for what KB did for them. You honestly think Derek Fisher would have been a starter on any other contender for his career? Dude was a horrible finisher and a medicore passer, who's only great skill was hitting the 3. How long did he manage to stay alive in this league?

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Amen. People laughed when I said Lin will be a top 5 PG, but the sky is the limit with the GOAT Mentor Kobe and Lin finally having a decent role on a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    Amen. People laughed when I said Lin will be a top 5 PG
    And it's still laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    no doubt

Lakers trade Odom - never the same
    Lakers trade Bynum - from all-star starter to not playing one game in Philly (bowling accident? ) to playing average in Cleveland
    Kobe plays his heart out in 2013, carries the team to the Playoffs and goes down - historically swept and embarrassed against the Spurs in the POs
    Kobe tries to come back, gets injured in 2013-14 season - worst Lakers record since the 70s

How you gonna tell me Kobe don't make teams/teammates better, when the proof is there? He made guys careers. Luke, Sasha, Farmar, Fisher, Odom, Gasol and Bynum should forever be grateful for what KB did for them. You honestly think Derek Fisher would have been a starter on any other contender for his career? Dude was a horrible finisher and a medicore passer, who's only great skill was hitting the 3. How long did he manage to stay alive in this league?
    I get misty eyed when Odom's name gets brought up. With Kobe he was a multiple time champion and celebrity husband. As soon as he left Kobe he went from the candy man to a crack fiend

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    And it's still laughable.

The only laughable thing is a "Bucks Dynasty"