Default iPhone 6 update questions

Hey guys,

JW, what's the scoop on the new iPhone 6/+?

Is it worth it?

What's the scoop on the bending, drama? Really an issue?

Also, do you still have to wait and buy the phone and then you wait until they Order a phone and it takes weeks to arrive?

Default Re: iPhone 6 update questions

The iPhone 6 plus is shit. If you wear tight pants and you put your phones in your front pocket, I guarantee your 6 plus will look a little bent after a couple days. My friend bought the phone when it came out and he totally regretted it after a week. The iPhone 6 is good but like the other iPhones, it cracks easily. The camera is nice and overall, the phone is really fast.

In my opinion, I flat-out think iPhones suck. I feel like they're overrated as hell. To me, Android phones are the best.

I just bought a note 3 after having the Iphone 5 for a year. I love the Note 3 and I love the expandable memory and the fact I don't have to use iTunes.

However, android isn't quite as slick and intuitive as IOS and the camera though it has more MP is worst than the Iphone 5 imo.

I don't think the bend thing is an issue if you are careful with your phone and/or have a case around it. I would get the 6 if you are really concerned about the bending.

In the end it really depends on your needs. If you want to customize your phone and have more options get an Android. If you want something that works flawlessly but is limited get an Iphone.

I've noticed the front facing camera on iPhones are much better than Androids. My 13MP back camera is amazing outside but inside it fails to deliver in low light areas (Galaxy S4)

I cracked my screen the other day, $65 to fix. LCD still working. Debating whether I want to fix the screen or upgrade the phone to a Note4 or iPhone. I love being able to remove the battery and replace it when it's dead or weak. Removable storage is a plus.

Androids new operating system will be released soon and that looks great.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I got my first look at the 6+ over the weekend. Didn't really do much with it. A friend of a friend had it and I let me just play around some. The screen looks great, and it was incredibly responsive, but most new phones have almost no lag time. I also got to do some things with the camera, we both took a bunch of pictures because we were at West Point for a football game, and I honestly felt my S4 took a better picture outside in overcast weather. But I've had my phone a couple years almost now and probably just have a better feel for the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    I just bought a note 3 after having the Iphone 5 for a year. I love the Note 3 and I love the expandable memory and the fact I don't have to use iTunes.

However, android isn't quite as slick and intuitive as IOS and the camera though it has more MP is worst than the Iphone 5 imo.

I don't think the bend thing is an issue if you are careful with your phone and/or have a case around it. I would get the 6 if you are really concerned about the bending.

In the end it really depends on your needs. If you want to customize your phone and have more options get an Android. If you want something that works flawlessly but is limited get an Iphone.

that's because you are using touchwiz. it sucks. try a clean version of android and you will see it's as clean and smooth as ios.

Learning to shoot layups nzamcdza's Avatar

I much prefer the Samsung S5.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    that's because you are using touchwiz. it sucks. try a clean version of android and you will see it's as clean and smooth as ios.
    Exactly. Touchwhiz ruins the Android experience. I understand that it's too high tech for 90% of the people to root it and install a custom rom, but they should definitely get a different launcher like Nova or Apex.

If you install a custom rom you can get rid of ALL the bloatware. You can even install a stock rom with the bloatware removed. But like I said, most people can't follow a 12 min youtube video on this stuff, they want something that works and flows out of the box and an iphone is most likely the best solution for them. Personally, I have tried to root and custom rom every android phone/tablet I've had and been successful with them all. Samsungs are actually the easiest.

Much as I have learned to hate Touchwiz, and was pining for the Xperia Z3, I am having a very hard time convincing myself not to upgrade to the Note 4. Holy **** that is an amazing phone.

I'm planning on rooting it this weekend although I will need to find a rom that utilizes the s-pen.

Yep. I'm using custom rom

NBA Superstar

I have the 6 (4.7"), didn't want the plus as I was coming off a Galaxy note 2 and Galaxy S3 tag team and wasn't keen on the big phones.

This is my first time f*cking with iphone, my recent smart phone history looks like this:

HTC touch cruise
    Blackberry Bold
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Samsung Note 2
    iphone 6

So far, iphone >>>>> Samsung. While I initially really liked Samsung, it became slow, with a shit battery and some ghetto ass interface. In the end it was plasticky crap with a bunch of useless apps and a screen that broke damn near every time it his the ground (3 screen on the S3), and it was also a massive pain in the ass when it came to updating podcasts (a big part of my phone usage), and would never remember where in the podcast I left off.

If you use your phone for music, podcasts, making calls, messaging, and photos you'd be a fool not to use iphone. If you want a bunch of goofy ass features and a plasticky phone, use Samsung.

USA >>>>>>>>>>>> Korea

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    I have the 6 (4.7"), didn't want the plus as I was coming off a Galaxy note 2 and Galaxy S3 tag team and wasn't keen on the big phones.

This is my first time f*cking with iphone, my recent smart phone history looks like this:

HTC touch cruise
    Blackberry Bold
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Samsung Note 2
    iphone 6

So far, iphone >>>>> Samsung. While I initially really liked Samsung, it became slow, with a shit battery and some ghetto ass interface. In the end it was plasticky crap with a bunch of useless apps and a screen that broke damn near every time it his the ground (3 screen on the S3), and it was also a massive pain in the ass when it came to updating podcasts (a big part of my phone usage), and would never remember where in the podcast I left off.

If you use your phone for music, podcasts, making calls, messaging, and photos you'd be a fool not to use iphone. If you want a bunch of goofy ass features and a plasticky phone, use Samsung.

USA >>>>>>>>>>>> Korea
    Calm down nikka. Samsung makes the screen for the iPhones.

But yeah, iPhone > Android.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

HTC touch cruise
    Blackberry Bold
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Samsung Note 2
    iphone 6

USA >>>>>>>>>>>> Korea
    Apple would be perfect for me if it allowed for expendable memory or atleast made 32 gb the standard and give me the option to forego itunes so I can drag and drop my music.

A better battery would be nice as well.