Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: So, 3800 people in Africa died of ebola this past year, is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    You are right see my posts on the first page, even I said 1.2 million.

Point is all still there. 1.2 million versus a few thousand...

Ebola killed a few thousand last year, on a planet full of 7 billion people. Drip in a pond. Not even a noteworthy statistic in terms of deaths among the human population worldwide.
    It's the POTENTIAL that ebola has that's scary...

New Ebola Cases May Rise to 10,000 a Week by December

^^^ that article was written 2 days ago

also, just because "disaster x" kills a million people each year doesn't mean other disasters aren't something to worry about. Just because Mt. Everest is a mountain doesn't mean other mountains don't exist.

Default Re: So, 3800 people in Africa died of ebola this past year, is that right?

here is another:

CDC: Ebola cases could reach at least 550,000 by January

(CNN) -- [COLOR="Red"]The number of Ebola cases in Liberia and Sierra Leone could rise to between 550,000 and 1.4 million by January[/COLOR] if there are no "additional interventions or changes in community behavior," the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a report Tuesday. The estimate was derived from a new forecasting tool developed by the CDC.

The range of estimated cases -- from 550,000 to 1.4 million -- is wide because experts suspect the current count is highly under-reported. The official death toll from Ebola in West Africa has climbed to more than 2,800 in six months, with 5,800 cases confirmed as of Monday, the World Health Organization said.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    The people who pushed those articles should be ashamed of themselves and so should you if you believe any of that shit, there is zero evidence that ebola will ever be that contagious. Ebola is not a highly contagious disease. There is no reason at all to believe it will ever spread like that.

Once again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2KBfynW09I

The people who pushed those articles should be ashamed of themselves and so should you if you believe any of that shit, there is zero evidence that ebola will ever be that contagious.[COLOR="Red"] Ebola is not a highly contagious disease.[/COLOR] There is no reason at all to believe it will ever spread like that.

Once again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2KBfynW09I
    FOX News? you srs?

How can you say that it isn't that contagious when two nurses just contracted it from one man wearing full gear minus the mask?

FOX News? you srs?

How can you say that it isn't that contagious when two nurses just contracted it from one man wearing full gear minus the mask?
    Put your tinfoil hat back on and carry on panicking about ebola, the disease that is so easy to catch that a whopping 8 people in America have it.

Banned

Put your tinfoil hat back on and carry on panicking about ebola, the disease that is so easy to catch that a whopping 8 people in America have it.

We know the cures to obesity, alcholism and tobacco addiction-stop stuffing your face, drinking beer and smoking.

Ebola has no cure. Why don't you understand that, retard?

Banned

Don't worry dawg, ebola is not a contagious disease

Diseases are growing exponentially, so that is an absurd argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Don't worry dawg, ebola is not a contagious disease
    bogus projection = / = reality

^^^ I don't drink, smoke, or eat shitty food either any more for health reasons

and I'm also careful not to get in car wrecks...

all these other things that kill americans that you bring up ALSO worry me

eating shit, smoking, drinking etc are all things we are in control of ourselves...ebola is scary because it feels like it could grow out of our control

I'm not worried about what ebola is NOW...I'm worried about what it might be tomorrow. So you can stop bringing up the "only 8 Americans have it, they ain't shit" routine because the fear is based around that 8 growing to 8,000 like West Africa.

^^^ I don't drink, smoke, or eat shitty food either any more for health reasons

and I'm also careful not to get in car wrecks...

all these other things that kill americans that you bring up ALSO worry me
    Great so as long as you do not treat an ebola patient showing signs of ebola, with direct contact to their bodily fluids, than ebola will not infect you. Because it is not highly contagious or airborn. It is difficult to catch. You would pretty much have to go well out of your way to TRY and catch it, to catch it.

An ebola "outbreak" is bogus. There is no outbreak. It is statisticially so unlikely anyone in the day to day population of America will ever catch ebola that this should pretty much be a non-story in the news. But irresponsible reporters are always looking for the next big scare to get people to watch their news program.

Great so as long as you do not treat an ebola patient showing signs of ebola, with direct contact to their bodily fluids, than ebola will not infect you. Because it is not highly contagious or airborn. [COLOR="Red"]It is difficult to catch. [/COLOR]You would pretty much have to go well out of your way to TRY and catch it, to catch it.

An ebola "outbreak" is bogus. There is no outbreak. It is statisticially so unlikely anyone in the day to day population of America will ever catch ebola that this should pretty much be a non-story in the news. But irresponsible reporters are always looking for the next big scare to get people to watch their news program.
    Really so how did those nurses get it? did they suddenly decide to make out with Duncan?

There is lots of debate on how easy this thing is to catch and lots of unknowns...no one has a firm grasp on it right now, stop acting like you're a fckin virologist already.

eating shit, smoking, drinking etc are all things we are in control of ourselves...ebola is scary because it feels like it could grow out of our control

I'm not worried about what ebola is NOW...I'm worried about what it might be tomorrow. So you can stop bringing up the "only 8 Americans have it, they ain't shit" routine because the fear is based around that 8 growing to 8,000 like West Africa.
    Because irresponsible news reporters and fear mongering doomsday sayers are giving everyone false information and "what ifs" that have no basis in fact. You are in fact, propogating this crap, along with Nick Young. You are both guilty of being irrational about this if you are worried about shit that doesn't exist.

Ebola is not very contagious. It is statistically almost a non-factor in ways of dying on this planet. It has killed very FEW people in the grand scheme of ways to day.

An asteroid "could" hit this planet tomorrow and wipe out all life on earth. How come you don't irrationally worry about that happening tomorrow? It's just as ridiculous as worrying about what ebola "could be" (despite no current evidence to show it ever will be) tomorrow.

yeah only 3,000 deaths....should be a non-story in the news

9/11 was only 2,000 deaths...why did the media even show us that?...I mean look at smokers!