Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Default Re: Laker Horror Show

All we need is solid teamwork and a system that will leave us impervious to fast breaks. We don't have to be great at anything in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Lakers are gonna be pretty mediocre to bad. However we can't know what they are going to actually look like until a dozen games have actually been played. Right now they are conserving players too much. Also, they are playing way too many scrubs that won't be getting minutes if playing at all. Regular season rotation isn't even being flirted with yet.

Regardless of team strategy the 3s are gonna start falling as soon as the regular rotation starts being utilized. Kobe always uses 3s in bailouts. Nash if able to regularly play has shot a high percentage 3. It's unlikely that he would stop using it now. Clarkson as well seems to have a quick trigger from the arc.

With so many scrubs playing, you get players that are trying to immediately please the coach. During regular season players like Nash and Kobe will take liberties with what they see as a necessity. Not much that Byron will be able to do then about that.
    To me this sounds like a recipe for absolute disaster.

Arguing that we will shoot some 3s because we have players that will use it as bail outs and defy the coaches strategy.
    Again it's not about shooting 3s, but instead about playing an offense where the other team at least have to know of the possibilty of a 3.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    To me this sounds like a recipe for absolute disaster.

Arguing that we will shoot some 3s because we have players that will use it as bail outs and defy the coaches strategy.
    Again it's not about shooting 3s, but instead about playing an offense where the other team at least have to know of the possibilty of a 3.
    Well to be clear im not advocating that strategy. I'm simply stating what I believe the Laker situation to be. I'm as concerned as any Laker fan, however I'm not stressing anything yet. Since we don't have a clear picture of what the rotation will look like playing together and how the offensive system will look.

Have you seen Randle looking lost with the second unit? It's not only because he's an ignorant rookie but also because everyone is ignoring him. Those ignoring him are shoot first individuals trying to impress, hoping to make the team. So many situations like his can't be properly evaluated because players are not trying to win a game (or help each other) , they are trying to win a roster spot.

Its premature to pass judgment on anything so far, since we haven't actually seen what Byron will do during the regular season. The whole season will also be a case of wait and see, since this Laker team lacks any type of continuity. It's currently a mess because these guys are barely learning to play together.
    Last edited by ZeN; 10-14-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Serious question ... why are the Lakers going after fired coaches the Cavs used during what is practically the worst 4 year stretch in Cavs history...

Mike Brown, Byron Scott? Are you guys serious?

MB was being heavily courted by GSW at the time, and Byron Scott is a former showtime laker that still had tons of connections within the organization. It was a foregone conclusion Bryon would eventually coach the lakers at some point and time after PJax retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    MB was being heavily courted by GSW at the time, and Byron Scott is a former showtime laker that still had tons of connections within the organization. It was a foregone conclusion Bryon would eventually coach the lakers at some point and time after PJax retired.
    Laker fans have been clamoring for years, wanting Byron. Now for better or worse, we about to get what we wished for.