Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Captain America 3: (May 2016) - CIVIL WAR

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Also let's take a moment and remember that WB moved Batman/Superman movie from being the same release date as Cap 3. I wonder if they got wind of the plans months ago, and decided oh shit we gotta get out of here.

If so it's sad that Iron Man/Captain America>>Superman/Batman, and WB knew it.That just shows how far apart the two universes really are in terms of quality.

after seeing how good cap 2 was, WB knew they had to move it. even if superman/batman did as well or even a little better then cap 3, it would have hurt both movies. the difference is that marvel can afford to take that chance, DC really can't right now. Marvel played chicken with DC and DC blinked.

good thing they did though, Cap vs Iron Man would have killed bats vs supes.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    after seeing how good cap 2 was, WB knew they had to move it. even if superman/batman did as well or even a little better then cap 3, it would have hurt both movies. the difference is that marvel can afford to take that chance, DC really can't right now. Marvel played chicken with DC and DC blinked.

good thing they did though, Cap vs Iron Man would have killed bats vs supes.
    100% agreed. It's hilarious though how 10 years ago a b list and a c list hero would have never beaten 2 of the big 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    100% agreed. It's hilarious though how 10 years ago a b list and a c list hero would have never beaten 2 of the big 3.

yup, it just blows my mind that iron man and captain america have done so well. growing up, i was only a casual iron man fan and i didn't like captain america at all, thought he was boring.

just goes to show how far having a solid plan, world building, and good directors can take you. marvel has planned out it's cinematic universe masterfully..and they did this without their biggest guns the x-men and spiderman. hell, even GoTG was a blockbuster and 99% of the audience had never even heard of them a year ago. a cosmic movie that has some of it's scenes take place in a giant decapitated space-god's head, starring a sentient tree and talking racoon with anger issues just owned the summer...that is mind blowing...

meanwhile over at DC you can just sense their desperation and attempts at mimicking marvel by throwing everything they can at a wall and hoping something sticks, but still counting on batman and superman..AGAIN to pull them through. and they have zack "slo mo" snyder leading this effort..

All dc needs to worry about is doing this movie right. If they do it right(and I have my doubts) they'll be easily even with the marvel guys again. In terms of iconic comic characters it doesn't get bigger than superman and batman. The problem is they haven't shown the ability to do a superman stand alone film right yet, let alone a bats/supes crossover.

I really wish they'd just let whoever is in charge of their animated movies take over for the live action stuff. I know they are easier to do and lower risk but they've been so much better than anything they've done live action excluding tdk trilogy in 2 decades.

The other thing dc needs to do is make some movies besides bats and supes. They have so many other cool characters that they just ignore(a black Adam movie done correctly with the rock as black Adam could be amazing)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmen...an-v-superman/

TLDR: Capt. America VS Iron Man is gonna shit on Superman VS Batman
    I honestly don't care. I want both of them to be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    The other thing dc needs to do is make some movies besides bats and supes. They have so many other cool characters that they just ignore(a black Adam movie done correctly with the rock as black Adam could be amazing)

agreed. marvel was kind of forced to make movies that weren't xmen and spiderman, but it turned out great for them and now they are willing to take more chances. DC needs to wean themselves off of their superman/batman teats. i would love a black adam movie.

also agree with your take on the WB animated movies, those have all been great and are better then marvel's

yup, it just blows my mind that iron man and captain america have done so well. growing up, i was only a casual iron man fan and i didn't like captain america at all, thought he was boring.

just goes to show how far having a solid plan, world building, and good directors can take you. marvel has planned out it's cinematic universe masterfully..and they did this without their biggest guns the x-men and spiderman. hell, even GoTG was a blockbuster and 99% of the audience had never even heard of them a year ago. a cosmic movie that has some of it's scenes take place in a giant decapitated space-god's head, starring a sentient tree and talking racoon with anger issues just owned the summer...that is mind blowing...

meanwhile over at DC you can just sense their desperation and attempts at mimicking marvel by throwing everything they can at a wall and hoping something sticks, but still counting on batman and superman..AGAIN to pull them through. and they have zack "slo mo" snyder leading this effort..
    Yep, it's astounding. Especially since the biggest Iron Man story, is one that we'll never get to see on film because of how family friendly Marvel is. And to the majority of people Cap was too much of a goody two shoes.

It amazes me though how bad DC is doing. Because the comic book writers they have right now are absolutely brilliant. Geoff Johns made Aquaman a cool character. He's well on his way to doing the same with Superman. Anything Jim Lee touches be either writing/illustrating is fantastic. Same with Grant Morrison and yet....they don't use these guys who are far far far better than anyone Marvel has writing. It blows my mind that they haven't thought to let them write the movies.

Shit at this point let Paul Dini do it. They almost let him do a live action Batman Beyond movie, before going with Nolan's TDK.

Here's the crazy thing, 4 of the year's top 10 movies were Marvel films, with the top two being MCU movies. GOTG made $60mil more than Captain America, and no one outside of comic fans even knew who they were. It's insane just how much Marvel is destroying DC in the film world.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Civil War can't happen without Spiderman.

Or it COULD technically but it would be retarded.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

They need to make a Flash movie he's a thug

The advantage that non a list comic heroes have is pretty obvious. All first superhero movies are origin stories. We've seen kryptons last days/destruction and a kid growing up on a farm with ridiculous powers a bunch, we've seen a kid have his parents killed in front of him and turn the pain of that experience into a weapon. We've seen a teen get bitten by a spider. We know all these things and that's why the lesser known characters have an advantage. You can watch the first movie and see something you haven't seen before.

And on the black Adam front if they chose to do it, a modified version of world war 3 could be one of the coolest live action adaptations possible

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    Civil War can't happen without Spiderman.

Or it COULD technically but it would be retarded.
    Came to post this myself. Spider Man is a big part of it and if they haven't got his rights back it's not really going to have the same depth. But being hollywood they'll just have another character take his place even if it doesn't fit like the x-men series did with kitty pryde suddenly being able to send people's minds into the past with no explanation what so ever.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

That's the thing, I'd like to see Batman and Superman, but not Batman VS Superman. It's not a fight id care to see.

Every time they fought in the comics, it ends up being dumb. You'd think Supes would just stay in the air and just melt Bats with heat vision, or just ram Bats with his superspeed, instead it ends up always hilariously dumb where Batman can barely survive a punch from Superman, but gets his hands on kryptonite and kicks the living crap out of a dumb powerless Superman, ridiculous.

Captain America vs Iron Man is a much more realistic fight especially if done like the comics.
    Last edited by Noah Rose; 10-14-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    Civil War could totally happen in the film MCU world.. people who say no, are being ridiculous. I read both the Civil War and Spidey comics during that time.. Spidey was huge but you can replace him or move things around. MCU doing big things and don't need Spidey, haven't needed Spidey, haven't needed X-Men, haven't need Wolvie, haven't needed Fantastic 4... In MCU we trust.
    But who else has spidermans history? It leads up to that and is a big part of what gives that whole story line impact. You can replace him sure or you could just leave out that whole aspect of the story because it doesn't fit the movies anyway but it's still going to leave comic fans feeling like it's coming up short imo. I have no doubt it'll be an enjoyable movie, every marvel movie has been good so far, but none of their movies have been great. Just above average well done action popcorn flicks.