Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: Rate Obama's presidency out of 10

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Your boy should be in jail. Not playing golf while Americans are getting beheaded.
    I guess they have all the evidence they need to impeach then, yes?

So... why haven't they?

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I'm not debating that. It just seems a little 2-faced for Obama to be spouting off about how saving the world is what makes us Americans when under his leadership we have ignored so many pressing world problems. Problems that directly effect our interests I might add.
    What pressing issues? Like global warming? Conservatives don't believe in that there foolishness. Give the 1% another tax cut!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    What pressing issues?

for starters:
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    where were we when those girls got abducted in Nigeria? Where were we when the ebola epidemic first started and the leaders of Liberia and Sierra Leone asked for help? Where were we when ISIS started gaining strength or when Assad used chemical weapons or when Russian backed rebels started killing people and shooting down commercial jets or when Israel was getting daily rocket attacks from Hezbollah? People say we can't be everywhere but the president said it's what makes us Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    No government in the world does that.
    and yet that's what you were requesting

Don't look now but new unemployment claims are the lowest they have been in 14 years.

New Unemployment Claims Fall to Their Lowest Since 2000

The number of people applying for unemployment benefits dropped to the lowest level in 14 years last week, in the latest sign of a strengthening labor market that could help blunt worries about the impact of weak global growth.

The Labor Department said Thursday that initial jobless claims fell 23,000 to a seasonally adjusted 264,000, the lowest since April 2000.
    Job Openings at their Highest Level since 2001
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-...001/ar-BB82doT

U.S. job openings rose to a seasonally adjusted 4.835 million in August, the highest level since January 2001, the Labor Department said on Tuesday in its monthly Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey.

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

He brought Ebola to America.

11. Greatest president since Lincoln. I'd suck his dick if I were a White House intern and gay.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Don't look now but new unemployment claims are the lowest they have been in 14 years.

New Unemployment Claims Fall to Their Lowest Since 2000

Job Openings at their Highest Level since 2001
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-...001/ar-BB82doT

U.S. job openings rose to a seasonally adjusted 4.835 million in August, the highest level since January 2001, the Labor Department said on Tuesday in its monthly Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey.
    Yay for McDonalds and Walmart and artificially adjusted minimum wages

Quote Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
    Yay for McDonalds and Walmart and artificially adjusted minimum wages
    Great. So, if unemployment falls, you say this. If it rises, you say "Obama u sucks!"

Win win situation for you!

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Great. So, if unemployment falls, you say this. If it rises, you say "Obama u sucks!"

That's (yet another) bullshit conservative talking point anyway--87% of the job gains since 2010 have been full-time positions.

NBA rookie of the year

Off the top of my head
    7/10 domestic policy
    Positives (imo)
    -trap bailouts saved the banks
    -bailed out the big 3 auto companies
    -Economy is recovering and unemployment is headed in the right direction
    - the deficit is declining (eg. the amount of our debt is increasing slower)
    -The ACA has helped insure millions of people
    - gays got more rights
    -forced employers to provide birth control

Negatives (imo)
    -largely caved into the GOP on the bush tax cuts
    - Gave into the GOP on many issues (Obama is a compromiser imo)
    -NSA spying on americans

1/10 foreign policy
    Positives
    -Repaired a lot of the damage Bush did with unilateral actions, by trying to act with international support
    - Obama is popular in western europe, latin america and africa.
    - Focused on afghanistan and finally killed bin laden, there by avenging 9/11
    - although somewhat mixed, I do like that he left iraq. I understand that a lot of the stuff that lead to ISIS in iraq stemed from us leaving and thereby allowing Maliki to discriminate against the Sunni, but that would have happened even if america left 20 years from now. The US was just the lid on that broken pressure cooker, it was going to explode when the US left.
    -Using personality drone strikes and special forces to avoid/reduce american casualties
    -not arming the Syrian rebels

Negatives
    - Drone strikes against people when we arent sure who they are (signature strikes)
    -Double tap drone strikes
    -Giving the impression of weakness.
    - Creating doubts that america will honor its defense treaties
    -neglecting Iraq, allowing Maliki to discriminate against Sunnis
    -ineffective bombing campaign against isis.
    -Kept Gitmo open for a long time, with practices like forced feedings.

6/10 Overall

Its hard to rate him. A lot of things hes tried to pass has been fought by his opponents. One that comes to mind is his plan to tax businesses that relocate to other countries. Republicans fought against that.

And we wont really see the true effects of Obamas decision until years after he left office

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Its hard to rate him. A lot of things hes tried to pass has been fought by his opponents. One that comes to mind is his plan to tax businesses that relocate to other countries. Republicans fought against that.

And we wont really see the true effects of Obamas decision until years after he left office
    Then make them pay for it. You're the president, congress is at 11% approval. IIRC a poll showed that americans liked root canals more than congress.

Use the bully pulpit, call out your enemies, make it clear to people why the GOP is wrong and why you believe you're right.

Other presidents have done it before.
    Truman called his congress the do nothing congress.
    FDR tried to stack the supreme court
    Teddy Roosevelt publicly called out his opponents.
    etc.

Obama is not a very strong politician.

Also i find it funny when people claim that no president was opposed more than obama. I mean these people know we have had a civil war in our history right

9 out of 10. I have a better memory than most, and just remember all the big major issues that most have forgotten, that he was determined of pushing through and succeeding against all odds.

I haven't read any of the comments in this thread, but I feel pro or against him, they are all probably worthless. Just people basing it on their political ideology, or their daddy political ideology.

That picture is from around January, so who knows how much worse it is now. And it really paints a picture of the BS that Obama has to put up with just to try and get things done. Putting up with adults with the mentality of whining little children.

Last edited by jstern; 10-17-2014 at 02:30 AM.

Of course unemployment is going to fall if the minimum wage is technically lowered every year since 2009. How much stuff do you think $7.25 from 2009 is going to buy you in 2014/15? - i would not be at all surprise if the real answer was something around $12-13. If you look at consumer spending, you'll see it has risen significantly, despite the majority of the American population not feeling better off economically. Why is this? Because everything costs more; food prices have gone up considerably (despite being supposed to go down), and lunatics like Krugman want them forced up further!

With people earning that much less, of course there are more jobs available! But again, basing everything off these kind of aggregated statistics, without accounting for other factors, is to be completely blind to real-world realities. Nobody listened when I said Obama's economic policies were going to hurt the poor the worst (as well as benefit asset holders - i.e. the well off), and now they just throw back whiney nonsense about the 1% and rising inequality as if that is a valid argument, and as if their black jesus didn't pursue policies that made all these problems worse, and royally screwed poor people, a large percentage of whom, are black.

Bit of an Uncle Tom really.