Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Steve Nash is done

I said he was done years ago. He has the same herniated/torn disc issues in the lumbar that I have, he'll never get better only worse. Trust me, it sucks. The pain feels almost paralyzing at times... I don't see how someone can consistently play basketball with their spine like mine. Sure, you can play a game or 2 and not feel the pain at the time of playing especially with adrenaline flowing, but eventually if you overdo it it WILL catch back up to you and put you in more pain and spasming than before. If bending over the kitchen sink doing dishes for too long can cause me to get intense spasms, I couldn't even imagine how Steve feels after playing NBA level basketball more than his spine can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Um Nash is in great shape. Including a tight core. Watch his documentary on Grantland. Has nothing to do with it. Just tons of mileage, and not a body that could sustain that kind of rigorous elite athletic activity for 82 games.
    That was a great documentary.. all 3 parts

Um Nash is in great shape. Including a tight core. Watch his documentary on Grantland. Has nothing to do with it. Just tons of mileage, and not a body that could sustain that kind of rigorous elite athletic activity for 82 games.

I just don't understand how he isn't able to play 10 minutes without pain. Pain after 10 mins of bball is pain, no matter how you look at it. But it's hard to believe that Nash wouldn't be able to play at the local YMCA, but if this is true, he'd had to sit after 15-20 minutes of play.

I enjoyed that documentary it was good.

Banned

The season hasn't even started.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I think it's kinda sad because even at 40 he shouldn't be having all these problems. He should have built up a strong core and done leg training. He can't even play 10 minutes a game?
    He's in good shape, over 99% of players his age are retired from the NBA. Unfortunately it looks like he's no different in that regard and is hanging on because he has a contract, not because he can still handle an NBA season. This is nerve damage, it doesn't matter how strong your muscles are in the core, calves, biceps, toes, wherever. Whatever's pinching the nerve (if it's a pinched nerve that's the root cause) has to stop pinching for him to get better.

The fact that this issue has been nagging him for something like two years unfortunately means the doctors probably haven't figured out what they have to do and may not even be totally sure what's wrong why he's dealing with sciatica.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Barely top 10?
    Oscar
    Magic
    Stockton
    Frazier
    Kidd
    Payton
    CP
    Zeke
    KJ
    Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    I enjoyed that documentary it was good.
    Co-sign. It's also kind of sad seeing the end of the tunnel mentally for elite athletes knowing their time is about to be up playing until that point their life's vocation. The mortality of it sets in for them. And it's kind of depressing. For such hyper competitors, that has to be rough. Hell it's bad for me and I don't play daily like them, or at that level.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    He been done
    most overrated player in history. Not even a top 50 player of alltime and is barely a top 10 PG

that's just dumb...

Easily one of the best to ever play the position

Oscar
    Magic
    Stockton
    Frazier
    Kidd
    Payton
    CP
    Zeke
    KJ
    Nash
    Well you can scratch KJ but based off your language & vocabulary, I'm assuming you just forgot Iverson?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Well you can scratch KJ but based off your language & vocabulary, I'm assuming you just forgot Iverson?
    reported for racial profiling
    I consider AI an SG

LOL @ u repping the Cavs BTW u bandwagoner. This nikka had a Mavs/Heat avy last year

you cannot play forever

reported for racial profiling
    I consider AI an SG

LOL @ u repping the Cavs BTW u bandwagoner. This nikka had a Mavs/Heat avy last year
    shouldn't you be a Wizards fan?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    And KJ is better than Nash...............gimme the one who shows up in the playoffs, doesnt need to rely on a spsecific system to be effective and whos defense doesnt cost his whole team finals appearances

Dunking on everybody in the park

Phoenix knew exactly when to deal Nash and start their rebuild. I know a lot of it is because of the injury he received which could have happened if he were still in Phoenix for all we know but just amazing how that worked out.

Phoenix got themselves a nice deal out of that and build a nice young core while Nash hasn't really provided much of anything for the Lakers other than filling up their cap space.