Default Kobe 9 Elite Brave Blue

Came out of sneakerhead retirement to get a pair of these today. Best looking shoe he's had in a bit. Screw that low-cut stuff...

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe 9 Elite Brave Blue

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Came out of sneakerhead retirement to get a pair of these today. Best looking shoe he's had in a bit. Screw that low-cut stuff...

Honestly most of the shoes he made in his prime were the best. I don't get how guys use low cut Kobes without ruining their ankles at my gym.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Honestly most of the shoes he made in his prime were the best. I don't get how guys use low cut Kobes without ruining their ankles at my gym.
    i had rampant ankle problems before getting the Kobes. Have sprained my ankle maybe once in 4 years wearing them.

It's not the cut, it's the weight of the shoes that gives you a chance to aovid the injury, and how the back of the shoe curves over your heel, kinda like soccer cleats.

Besides, if you're going to roll your ankle, it's gonna happen regardless of what shoes you are wearing.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    i had rampant ankle problems before getting the Kobes. Have sprained my ankle maybe once in 4 years wearing them.

It's not the cut, it's the weight of the shoes that gives you a chance to aovid the injury, and how the back of the shoe curves over your heel, kinda like soccer cleats.

Besides, if you're going to roll your ankle, it's gonna happen regardless of what shoes you are wearing.
    This, the width of the sole (outrigger) and how low to the ground you are. I think if I were wearing braces or stiff high tops the times I rolled my ankles I would have blown out a knee. I had a buddy wear the old Reebok Zig's that had a really stiff upper dislocate his ankle because he landed on someones foot.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2

Not true, i've wore some shoes that are very susceptible to spraining. I always sprain wearing this particular shoe, after awhile I noticed the pattern and stop wearing them. The shoes DOES make a difference.

niceee shoes

Saw a basketball once

I'm not really sure how much real support the ankle collars give. I honestly don't think it can replace a legit ankle brace... I just don't want to be sidelined from another ankle sprain and I'm still recovering from my last sprain