Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: GT: Rockets vs Heat - on TNT [10/21/14]

2010 Wade smashes that

But I love the attempt

Howard :)

Like I argued it, Howard is STILL a top 5-player... Y'all will see... (Not the one's in this thread, but the doubters and haters in general)

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Like I argued it, Howard is STILL a top 5-player... Y'all will see... (Not the one's in this thread, but the doubters and haters in general)
    He was not a top 5 player last year. What he does this year has absolutely no relevance to what he did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    He was not a top 5 player last year. What he does this year has absolutely no relevance to what he did last year.
    You wanna go through this again?

LeBron - Durant - Paul - Howard/Griffin

Aldridge doesn't have an Argument...Curry is the only one, I guess.. So lowest would be 6th.

You wanna go through this again?

LeBron - Durant - Paul - Howard/Griffin

Aldridge doesn't have an Argument...Curry is the only one, I guess.. So lowest would be 6th.
    Lmfao at Aldridge not having an argument. This is revisionist history at its finest...Aldridge was a legitimate MVP candidate leading his team to 54 wins with 23/11/3/1/1 for a good chunk of the season. Dwight didn't get a single vote.

Westbrook was better, as was Curry, as was Love, Melo, and Blake.

Stop acting like Dwight last season was exactly how he was in the playoffs. He had one terrific series but overall during the season he was nowhere near the defensive force he was in Orlando, and offensively he wasn't even the best at his position. Unless we're basing this whole discussion on ONE Playoff series..Dwight over the regular season was in no way a top 5 player. Not at all.

Westbrook wasn't better... Curry/Griffin? Sure, okay....

Westrbook?

Took 17 FGA for 22 ppg, Howard took 11 FGA for 18 ppg... With double the defensive Impact... More consistent. Worse playmaker due to Position, better Rebounder to due Position.

Howard/Durant would be deadly. (even deadlier)

Love and Melo? LMFAO

What's your deal with the guy?

Enlighten me on what's LaMarcus' Argument..

MVP candidate that Ends all-3rd Team... That's something new.

Do you know that Aldridge attempted TEN more shots per game, for FIVE more Points?

Besides that Dwight is a better Rebounder and Defender, also ending with more W's... AND had a better postseason.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 10-21-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Is there any reason why Shannon Brown doesn't get more PT? And Bosh, once again, is playing like trash

Not surprisingly Miami's offense looks like complete shit. Only reason they aren't down 20 right now is because Wade hit a bunch of lucky contested turnarounds. He probably won't even score 8 points in the second half.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Not surprisingly Miami's offense looks like complete shit. Only reason they aren't down 20 right now is because Wade hit a bunch of lucky contested turnarounds. He probably won't even score 8 points in the second half.
    heat on a run

EVERYBODY UP

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    heat on a run
    It won't last.

Westbrook wasn't better... Curry/Griffin? Sure, okay....

Westrbook?

Took 17 FGA for 22 ppg, Howard took 11 FGA for 18 ppg... With double the defensive Impact... More consistent. Worse playmaker due to Position, better Rebounder to due Position.

Howard/Durant would be deadly. (even deadlier)

Love and Melo? LMFAO

What's your deal with the guy?

Enlighten me on what's LaMarcus' Argument..

MVP candidate that Ends all-3rd Team... That's something new.

Do you know that Aldridge attempted TEN more shots per game, for FIVE more Points?

Besides that Dwight is a better Rebounder and Defender, also ending with more W's... AND had a better postseason.
    Curry and Griffin a yes? So there's 5 right there. Lebron, KD, CP3, Curry, Blake. There we go.

You didn't watch Dwight last season though. You're just going against the grain and propping up his offensive and defensive impact like crazy when it really wasn't anything special whatsoever over the regular season. He was a monster against Portland for 6 games but nothing he did in the regular season was top 5 worthy...he was a slightly poor man's peak Dwight Howard.

Westbrook is a better player than Dwight. First off the defensive impact is total bullshit...healthy Westbrook is an elite defender, arguably the best at his position. If we're going by this then Dwight is a better player than Durant considering his defensive impact is probably 3x that of Durant. Westbrook is on another level offensively..he may not score as efficiently as Dwight but his pressure on the opposing defenses, his playmaking, all makes him a much much deadlier offensive weapon. You can let Westbrook loose and he can torch a team with ease. You can't consistently give Dwight the ball in the post and get him to give you consistent offense. He's turnover prone with a babylike post skill set, he lacks top-tier fundamentals and footwork, he's just an all around weak offensive player for a supposed superstar without the otherworldly athleticism he had pre-2012.

And boy I wish Love and Melo had the chance to play alongside another top 15 arguably top 10 player. Gonna rip off one of my earlier Love posts.

Kevin Love got the TWolves to 40 games in a historically tough conference with his front court partner Pekovic missing almost 30 games, and his point guard Rubio struggling to shoot 40% and score double digit points a game....while on his own putting up 26/13/4/1/1 on 59% TS with 26.9 PER and a net on/off of +10.9....

If Pekovic doesn't miss 28 games and you give Love just ONE player on the perimeter who can consistently and reliably create his own offense, say someone like Afflalo, is there any doubt he wins 48-52+ games? The dude is going out to battle with a PG that can't shoot and a center that can't stay healthy...in a conference with cores of Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka, CP3/Blake/Jordan/Crawford, Parker/Ginobili/Duncan/Leonard, Aldridge/Lillard/Batum, Curry/Thompson/Iggy/Lee, Howard/Harden/Parsons, Gasol/Zbo/Conley, etc. What the **** should we have realistically expected from those Twolves teams?

Love > Dwight last year. It's complete revisionist history to suggest that Dwight was better.

Same goes for Melo. He was in an absolutely garbage roster with a shit coach, with injury problems everywhere. The year prior he got a team with JR ****ing Smith and Tyson Chandler as his 2nd and 3rd options to 54 wins and the 2nd round. Give him a healthy roster and a center on the level of James Harden and no one's laughing at him.

Offensively it's not even remotely close between the two. And Dwight's defensive impact has been overrated like crazy every since his back surgery. He gives you 18 ppg on good center efficiency, and fringe DPOY level defense. That's a rich man's Deandre Jordan.

And Aldridge was a freaking MVP candidate putting up 23/11/3/1/1 leading his team to 54 wins. He's vastly superior in offensive ability, and defensively the difference isn't monumental. Again I don't care what Dwight's efficiency was...if he was so goddamn efficient you should pound the ball to him every single possession. Which they didn't because he's turnover prone, lacks fundamentals, and is an all around thoroughly inconsistent offensive weapon. I would LOVE to see what he does when he's relied on offensively as much as Aldridge is for Portland. Dwight is clearly better defensively but Aldridge himself is above average.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 10-21-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Wade is bawlin!!!!

Wtf was that bullshit