Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why do so many people place such an importance on food?

Thanks but I will gladly shave off 10 years of my life if I get to eat like a normal person instead of Ghandi.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Thanks but I will gladly shave off 10 years of my life if I get to eat like a normal person instead of Ghandi.
    Well the "normal" person is out of shape, so if you wanna be that then go for it.

Yesterday I ate a bowl of cereal, had an apple for lunch, and a pb and j sandwich for dinner. If that is so "abnormal" then there is something wrong with this world.

That weak mind.

"everyone else eats like this so it's ok if I do to"

Almost every disease is caused by the food you eat and yet people still won't accept it and change their shitty lifestyle.

Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Well the "normal" person is out of shape, so if you wanna be that then go for it.

Yesterday I ate a bowl of cereal, had an apple for lunch, and a pb and j sandwich for dinner. If that is so "abnormal" then there is something wrong with this world.
    That's only normal if you are poor dude. You are not getting proper nutrition. I'd rather eat a healthy diet that is more than 2000 calories.

You realize that it is possible to eat good food and not be out of shape, right?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    1000 calories? What do you weigh, 80lbs?
    2 months ago I weighed 185 pounds. I'm 6'0 tall.

Now I weigh 165 pounds and am much healthier overall. My body fat percentage has dropped 3% in just two months, from 15% to 12%.

NBA Superstar

That's only normal if you are poor dude. You are not getting proper nutrition. I'd rather eat a healthy diet that is more than 2000 calories.

You realize that it is possible to eat good food and not be out of shape, right?
    why does everyone try to make this about money?

I already stated that I'm doing well financially. I just think it's obnoxious to spend a lot of money on food when all it is doing is killing you faster. It'd be like buying cigarettes. Sounds stupid as hell.

restrict your caloric intake to 1000 a day and you'll live 8-10 years longer if not more. guaranteed.
    Except that this is an extreme lie with no evidence backing it up, and in fact, much evidence that contradicts it hard.

Please stop spreading misinformation on the internet. Some idiot might actually listen to it and hurt themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Almost every disease is caused by the food you eat and yet people still won't accept it and change their shitty lifestyle.
    This is also a lie. Please, stop saying untrue things on the internet.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

How long till you are back home complaining about your moms leftovers, you whiney little bitch?

"Why isn't malnourishment more popular?" - OP

I rule the local playground

2 months ago I weighed 185 pounds. I'm 6'0 tall.

Now I weigh 165 pounds and am much healthier overall. My body fat percentage has dropped 3% in just two months, from 15% to 12%.
    When you start eating a healthy amount of calories again you're gonna get fat as **** because you've slowed your metabolism by so much. Either that or you die within a relatively short amount of time due to starvation.

5-time NBA All-Star

Bro, you gonna have ED problems real soon.

Let me put it this way.

Eating a lot of nutrient dense, digestible foods lets your body optimize hormones which just flat out increases your quality of life.

That and I'd rather a person MOVE their body, stand up, go to the gym and get 3300 or so kcals in them vs. being sedentary and forcing themeslves to go against their feasting nature and having small snacks that only beckon one forth to finish the rest of the pringles lol.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

When you arent concerned about money a nice meal isnt an issue. I know you say it isnt about money...but fact is...eating PB&J for dinner and skimping is a poor persons diet.

I was poor over 20 years.

If I want some Peppadew peppers, my favorite olives, and some Havarti in the fridge with some nice cider I dont care if you find it a laughable expense. Is 30 bucks a lot of money these days?

I work to earn money. I save much of what I earn. I can support my family and assist loved ones supporting theirs.

If I want to spend some inconsequential dollars at the olive bar im gonna do it. I dont need to feed 6 people off 4 dollars anymore(half pound of sausage, bag of rice, some onions and whatever spices you have...poor people dirty rice).

I dont give a shit what my honey burbon cashews cost. If they didnt tell me when they got done ringing it up I wouldnt ask. Just swipe the card.

What cooler things is the difference between ramen noodles and decent food gonna buy me? An action figure?

I have 2 cars, 2 houses, an xbox one I barely play, 2 other game systems just for netflix in other areas of the house, 3 computers, all the books id like to read, closets full of clothes, and so much vacation time id give some away if I could.

I dont literally have all id ever want...but I have far more than anyone actually needs. Its hard not to in America. Even poor Americans have more than they need. Having extensive experience as a poor American...im quite sure of that. Though it doesn't feel like it at the time.

Now? Im not stressing because my deli meat was...whatever it is a pound...and isnt 99 cent dollar store "ham product".

Im not wasteful with money. I dont have enough to just...not give a shit.

But what my dinner costs?

I dont worry about that.

My alarm wouldnt be going off at 3:20 in the morning if the job I went to didnt pay me well enough to not care what my favorite sandwich bread costs.

You should be done with that line of thinking by 25 or so barring outrageous debt.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    You won't live 8-10 years on a 1000 a day diet.
    Your organs simple wouldn't get enough energy needed to properly function, so you would die pretty fast
    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Plenty of Japanese people eat 1200 calories a day and they are the longest living people on earth. I don't recommend 1k diets like OP or 1200 calorie diets but this post is just abominably bad.

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Well, your post speaks to two things I put much importance on: food and frugality.

Eating right, to me, is one of the most important things in life. My soul is attached to my body. If my body doesnt feel right, I cant feel right either. So I want to not be sick, I want to have energy, I want to feel healthy and spry.

Saving money is also important so you need to be smart. Cut out expensive snacks. Dont get grape juice when apple juice is two dollars cheaper. Even though I love grape juice . But you have to make sacrifices.

And I am interested by the idea that eating less will make you live longer? Do you have any links? I could just look it up but I will ask you first :)
    There is considerable evidence, as usual Wiki is a good starting point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie_restriction

Once again, I'd rather just eat more calories (~1600-1800 if I'm trying to lose weight PLUS EXERCISE) of healthy stuff than 1000 of junk.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 10-23-2014 at 04:35 PM.