Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Is CP3 The Most Overrated Player?

ESPN is about rank his has the #2 player in the league. Dude is constantly ranked in the top 3 or 5, but never does anything to deserve that rank. Got shit on by the Thunder last year with an really good team. Managed only 56 wins in '13 and '14 with a good team.

Default Re: Is CP3 The Most Overrated Player?

He's not even the best player on his team.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease TMacYaoRockets's Avatar

Allen Iverson is the most overrated player ever. And maybe Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    ESPN is about rank his has the #2 player in the league. Dude is constantly ranked in the top 3 or 5, but never does anything to deserve that rank. Got shit on by the Thunder last year with an really good team. Managed only 56 wins in '13 and '14 with a good team.

The Thunder are a really good team.

NBA rookie of the year

NBA.com 2014-15 GM Survey

Who is the best point guard in the NBA?
    1. Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers -- 71.4%
    2. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City -- 10.7%
    3. Tony Parker, San Antonio -- 7.1%
    Last year: Chris Paul -- 70.0%

Quote Originally Posted by navy

The Thunder are a really good team.
    Yes, they are, but the Clippers were deeper and according to most people here, CP3 is a better PG than WB. They even had a better coach.

Assuming, of course, that we're ignoring the obvious choice that is James Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

Assuming, of course, that we're ignoring the obvious choice that is James Harden.

CP3 is to Parker like Wilt is to Russell.

Yes, they are, but the Clippers were deeper and according to most people here, CP3 is a better PG than WB. They even had a better coach.
    Yeah and the Thunder had Kevin Durant who put up 33/10/5....

lol, Chris Paul had one game where he might have cost them the series, which was a completely crazy game that could have gone either way, refs and all but still. Not like loosing was a huge shock to a team with HCA and the reigning MVP.

If Chris Paul is as good as people say he is, I expect a little more than a second round exit.

Chris Paul is obviously great, arguably the best PG in the league, but people get carried away sometimes. People tried to say he was as good or even better than Kobe a few years ago, and now they're trying to put him ahead of Durant, which is absurd. That's why some people think he's overrated. He was never a top tier superstar. There were always a few guys I'd rather start my team with. A few years ago it was Kobe/Bran/Wade, and now it's Bran/KD/Davis/Blake. I personally prefer Westbrook and Curry too, but I know people will freak the **** out if I put them there, so I'll refrain.

So what has blake done to be put above CP3?
    Or Davis?
    Or Curry?

I mean your here talking about 2nd round exits....

Nobody put him above Durant, Durant just got injured.
    Last edited by navy; 10-28-2014 at 01:49 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Westbrook whos another iverson. Teams perform better w/o them yet are treated like superstars

Yeah and the Thunder had Kevin Durant who put up 33/10/5....

lol, Chris Paul had one game where he might have cost them the series, which was a completely crazy game that could have gone either way, refs and all but still. Not like loosing was a huge shock to a team with HCA and the reigning MVP.
    The Clippers had 2 players in the top 10 in MVP voting at #3 and #6. 6th MOY, 2 All-Stars (one guy made the All-NBA First team and the other made the Second team), a championship coach, and the rebounding champ. Still managed to win only 56 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    If Chris Paul is as good as people say he is, I expect a little more than a second round exit.

Chris Paul is obviously great, arguably the best PG in the league, but people get carried away sometimes. People tried to say he was as good or even better than Kobe a few years ago, and now they're trying to put him ahead of Durant, which is absurd. That's why some people think he's overrated. He was never a top tier superstar. There were always a few guys I'd rather start my team with. A few years ago it was Kobe/Bran/Wade, and now it's Bran/KD/Davis/Blake. I personally prefer Westbrook and Curry too, but I know people will freak the **** out if I put them there, so I'll refrain.
    Why? They both have a solid case..Westbrook outplayed CP3 in the playoffs. And through the eye test as well as various impact and shooting efficiency metrics, Curry is ****ing unreal. His defense is holding him back...but Curry imo is one of the most dynamic offensive PGs in history.

The Clippers had 2 players in the top 10. 6th MOY, 2 All-Stars (one guy made the All-NBA First team and the other made the Second team), a championship coach, and the rebounding champ. Still managed to win only 56 games.
    lol, only 56 games.

Since we are counting wins they actually won 57. They had injuries and a first year coach. 57 wins isnt good in the West? Get out of here with that shit.
    Last edited by navy; 10-28-2014 at 01:54 AM.